Page 102 of 599 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 8973

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by wditrent View Post
    this is abominable, and why i am so thankful for tda.

tda?

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

If they really do remove them, it will be a bloody shame.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
    tda?
    Team Disney Anaheim

I hate this interactive queue BS. It ruins theming and holds up the line.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Who are you again?

Accursed public (yes, a 15 year old from NY said Accursed) I hate how this generation apperently thinks there the best and they deserve the best, so its out with awesome tombstones and in with *ahem* 'Interactive' I'll bet $100 big ones this move's gonna fall flat on it's dead behind

Now before I go off and rant in Times Square, let me just say: A Tombstone that opens it's eyes isn't good enough for you people!?
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    Accursed public (yes, a 15 year old from NY said Accursed) I hate how this generation apperently thinks there the best and they deserve the best, so its out with awesome tombstones and in with *ahem* 'Interactive' I'll bet $100 big ones this move's gonna fall flat on it's dead behind

Now before I go off and rant in Times Square, let me just say: A Tombstone that opens it's eyes isn't good enough for you people!?
    Just saying...there is seemingly zero connection between this unconfirmed interactive element and the movie that hasn't even begun production yet. The movie as of current time it's own entirely separate entity and has the potential to be quite good, given the creative talent.

End sidebar. The tombstones being removed would be sad and a epic fail of getting ride of something that's not broken.

• Minion

I don't see why they have to rip up the Family Plot for it. Wasn't the mockup of that murder mystery family in the testing on the opposite side of it?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

If this is assumption based on the fact that there are walls around something, I think we need to hit the brakes and step back to take a deep breath. This is like assuming that the HBG is coming back tomorrow because of something like that side of the attic emptied out suddenly--while it is certainly a sign of something going on, there is no real reason to assume the worst right off the bat. For all we know, those walls could mean that the stones are getting some TLC, or that a tree or large shrub in the area is being taken out. I'll say that if the interactive queue effect is what's going in, I don't understand how that makes what is already one of the most popular attractions worldwide more appealing to anyone. Basically what I'm saying is yes it sucks if they do it, but let's wait to mourn until we get a confirmed death.
    dreams. come. true.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    If this is assumption based on the fact that there are walls around something, I think we need to hit the brakes and step back to take a deep breath. This is like assuming that the HBG is coming back tomorrow because of something like that side of the attic emptied out suddenly--while it is certainly a sign of something going on, there is no real reason to assume the worst right off the bat. For all we know, those walls could mean that the stones are getting some TLC, or that a tree or large shrub in the area is being taken out. I'll say that if the interactive queue effect is what's going in, I don't understand how that makes what is already one of the most popular attractions worldwide more appealing to anyone. Basically what I'm saying is yes it sucks if they do it, but let's wait to mourn until we get a confirmed death.
    Alright so here's what's going on:

The queue is being reworked so that people in wheelchairs will be able to go up to the front doors instead of having to stop by the hearse and enter through the side. To do this they are going to be extending the line area into what is now the graveyard. They are also adding in the *Gack* interactive feature.

*Sigh*

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    They are also adding in the *Gack* interactive feature.
    UGH!

Toontown meets Haunted Mansion with more disconnected and nonsensical storyline.

Yeah, it fits.

A thought just occurred to me (and I am suffering the pain)

Those horrid-looking interactive Haunted Mansion atrocities, seen earlier this year, may have been only test models. Perhaps, the final displays will look like actual tombstones, somewhat like WDW's subtly animatronic Madame Leota.

Although I don't like the introduction of a new, unrelated storyline, final figures as described above would not be the colossal warts on the landscape as their earlier, "cartoon cutout" version.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    , may have been only test models. Perhaps, the final displays will look like actual tombstones, somewhat like WDW's subtly animatronic Madame Leota.
    Those were defiantly test models. I trust that the final display will be much less horrid, and fit in with the mansion's overall design much more.
    My concern is losing a clever and classic tribute to the original Imagineers.

But everything is still mostly speculation, maybe they are just planning on shifting around the stones to make room for the "interactive" feature.

• Who are you again?

I still dont like the sound of any of this
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    My concern is losing a clever and classic tribute to the original Imagineers.
    That would be both shameful and tragic.

• Minion

Good news from WDWMagic, most of the tombstones are going to survive the queue overhaul. Though of course, the question is which ones will end up as casualties.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Good news from WDWMagic, most of the tombstones are going to survive the queue overhaul. Though of course, the question is which ones will end up as casualties.
    Good to know, and I imagine Leota's stone will stay, given it is all fancy new tech. As for the rest, who knows...the Master Gracey stone is too firmly entrenched in the fan's minds as being significant to vanish, perhaps.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM