Page 102 of 599 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 8973
  1. #1516

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    332

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by wditrent View Post
    this is abominable, and why i am so thankful for tda.

    tda?

  2. #1517

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,547

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    If they really do remove them, it will be a bloody shame.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  3. #1518

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
    tda?
    Team Disney Anaheim


    I hate this interactive queue BS. It ruins theming and holds up the line.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  4. #1519

    • Who are you again?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    764

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Accursed public (yes, a 15 year old from NY said Accursed) I hate how this generation apperently thinks there the best and they deserve the best, so its out with awesome tombstones and in with *ahem* 'Interactive' I'll bet $100 big ones this move's gonna fall flat on it's dead behind

    Now before I go off and rant in Times Square, let me just say: A Tombstone that opens it's eyes isn't good enough for you people!?
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

  5. #1520

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,036

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    Accursed public (yes, a 15 year old from NY said Accursed) I hate how this generation apperently thinks there the best and they deserve the best, so its out with awesome tombstones and in with *ahem* 'Interactive' I'll bet $100 big ones this move's gonna fall flat on it's dead behind

    Now before I go off and rant in Times Square, let me just say: A Tombstone that opens it's eyes isn't good enough for you people!?
    Just saying...there is seemingly zero connection between this unconfirmed interactive element and the movie that hasn't even begun production yet. The movie as of current time it's own entirely separate entity and has the potential to be quite good, given the creative talent.

    End sidebar. The tombstones being removed would be sad and a epic fail of getting ride of something that's not broken.

  6. #1521

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,112

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    I don't see why they have to rip up the Family Plot for it. Wasn't the mockup of that murder mystery family in the testing on the opposite side of it?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  7. #1522

    • now that i see you ♥
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hill Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,620
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    If this is assumption based on the fact that there are walls around something, I think we need to hit the brakes and step back to take a deep breath. This is like assuming that the HBG is coming back tomorrow because of something like that side of the attic emptied out suddenly--while it is certainly a sign of something going on, there is no real reason to assume the worst right off the bat. For all we know, those walls could mean that the stones are getting some TLC, or that a tree or large shrub in the area is being taken out. I'll say that if the interactive queue effect is what's going in, I don't understand how that makes what is already one of the most popular attractions worldwide more appealing to anyone. Basically what I'm saying is yes it sucks if they do it, but let's wait to mourn until we get a confirmed death.
    dreams. come. true.

  8. #1523

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.
    Posts
    508

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    If this is assumption based on the fact that there are walls around something, I think we need to hit the brakes and step back to take a deep breath. This is like assuming that the HBG is coming back tomorrow because of something like that side of the attic emptied out suddenly--while it is certainly a sign of something going on, there is no real reason to assume the worst right off the bat. For all we know, those walls could mean that the stones are getting some TLC, or that a tree or large shrub in the area is being taken out. I'll say that if the interactive queue effect is what's going in, I don't understand how that makes what is already one of the most popular attractions worldwide more appealing to anyone. Basically what I'm saying is yes it sucks if they do it, but let's wait to mourn until we get a confirmed death.
    Alright so here's what's going on:

    The queue is being reworked so that people in wheelchairs will be able to go up to the front doors instead of having to stop by the hearse and enter through the side. To do this they are going to be extending the line area into what is now the graveyard. They are also adding in the *Gack* interactive feature.

    *Sigh*

  9. #1524

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    They are also adding in the *Gack* interactive feature.
    UGH!

    Toontown meets Haunted Mansion with more disconnected and nonsensical storyline.

    Yeah, it fits.

  10. #1525

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    A thought just occurred to me (and I am suffering the pain)

    Those horrid-looking interactive Haunted Mansion atrocities, seen earlier this year, may have been only test models. Perhaps, the final displays will look like actual tombstones, somewhat like WDW's subtly animatronic Madame Leota.

    Although I don't like the introduction of a new, unrelated storyline, final figures as described above would not be the colossal warts on the landscape as their earlier, "cartoon cutout" version.

  11. #1526

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.
    Posts
    508

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    , may have been only test models. Perhaps, the final displays will look like actual tombstones, somewhat like WDW's subtly animatronic Madame Leota.
    Those were defiantly test models. I trust that the final display will be much less horrid, and fit in with the mansion's overall design much more.
    My concern is losing a clever and classic tribute to the original Imagineers.

    But everything is still mostly speculation, maybe they are just planning on shifting around the stones to make room for the "interactive" feature.

  12. #1527

    • Who are you again?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    764

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    I still dont like the sound of any of this
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

  13. #1528

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    My concern is losing a clever and classic tribute to the original Imagineers.
    That would be both shameful and tragic.

  14. #1529

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,112

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Good news from WDWMagic, most of the tombstones are going to survive the queue overhaul. Though of course, the question is which ones will end up as casualties.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  15. #1530

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,036

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Good news from WDWMagic, most of the tombstones are going to survive the queue overhaul. Though of course, the question is which ones will end up as casualties.
    Good to know, and I imagine Leota's stone will stay, given it is all fancy new tech. As for the rest, who knows...the Master Gracey stone is too firmly entrenched in the fan's minds as being significant to vanish, perhaps.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5
    By CaitlinMcFly in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2077
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 02:45 AM
  2. Replies: 2011
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 2544
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 06:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •