Page 104 of 644 FirstFirst ... 4547994101102103104105106107114129154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9657

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Well' Apparently since I don't like that Disney is replacing the Graveyard I am not a true Haunted Mansion Fan.
    WDWMAGIC.COM Forums - View Single Post - Walls in HM Queue
    That apparently means most of you guys are not "real" fans either.

• Who are you again?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    That apparently means most of you guys are not "real" fans either.
    I'm the biggest fan on this stupid little island. not that anyone really cares...
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

I am so tired of DOMs. Al is right' they get the park they deserve.
    Last edited by HMF; 10-09-2010 at 10:30 PM.

• Larger Than (After)Life

What's a DOM?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    What's a DOM?
    Defender of mediocrity.
    http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al100907a.jpg

• =)

It's also a term that can very easily incite anger and arguing - which is understandable, I think. These threads have generally been so friendly that I'd really hate to see it turn into a lot of bickering, as I'm sure we all would, so perhaps we'll just return to more directly HM-related topics now?

Regarding the WDW modifications...unless I've missed something, I don't think we really have enough information to make a truly informed judgment on the modifications. It's certainly valid to not want the tombstones to go away, though.

• is too darn hot.

Dude. They're doing maintenance on an attraction and (in their minds) plussing it... How is that mediocrity? Even if the results turn out to be mediocre, the creativity and money going into the project certainly aren't. You can't have it both ways. Maintain the status quo and people get upset that nothing is happening and attractions are being left to stagnate in the Orlando swamp. Try something new and you're desecrating a classic that should be left alone. What do you want them to do?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

As much as I dislike the changes being made, moving forward is moving forward regardless of how it's done or with what ideas. Complaining louder won't change it, it just creates a lot of unnecessary noise. While I know I complain quite loudly about the HMH, it's really more because I'm tired of seeing it and I'm ready for a change. Even if that change isn't to my liking, I can at least say that I'm thankful that they tried something new. Hell, even Walt himself said that until imagination was no longer around, the Disney parks would never be finished (yes, I paraphrased.) Since they're still coming up with more ideas for the Haunted Mansion, it can then be said that the ride will never be complete. We need to remember this fact, as Disney fans, because we stop appreciating the novel and new and just cling to the past. Maybe to us those new things aren't good or the best, but good is really relative, and at least change means someone gives enough of a damn about the same things we do to keep it fresh for a new generation. Not at all to fuel the fire here, mind you; I am just tired of people saying that any sort of positive outlook against what the majority dislikes means they're defending mediocrity. We can't change anything, so let's at least enjoy the ride of where the changes take us.
    Last edited by CaitlinMcFly; 10-10-2010 at 02:49 AM.
    dreams. come. true.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It's also a term that can very easily incite anger and arguing -
    You mean, like "AP"?

Shhhh!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

For some good news and fun, here's a dispatch from the Mansion as it is this very day. Ol'Blasty is still going and accounted for, evil laugh in the exit crypt is absent, ghost horse is neighing nice and loudly. Of course Jack's neon extravaganza is in place, but alas..I must admit to quite liking a few single elements like the pumpkins on the couch in the ballroom, and in the exit crypt.

Here's some photos for the interest and entertainment of ghost fans:

Who knew the Mansion had a mailbox, did I miss when this was discussed at some point in time?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Cool pictures, those portraits look wildly out of place though.

Also can we name the next thread Aces and Eights: Dead Man's Hand, it would totally appropriate to what we are talking about!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
    Cool pictures, those portraits look wildly out of place though
    I agree....my feelings on other elements to the side, a portrait of a normal snowman, even if for a changing image, will never ever ever be suitable for display in the HM. It's just...wrong. I don't mind the Haunted Mansion one even, or the Sally one really..but that snowman painting is the worst.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Here's some photos for the interest and entertainment of ghost fans:

Who knew the Mansion had a mailbox, did I miss when this was discussed at some point in time?
    No, we've never discussed it. I've never noticed it, really. Where is it exactly?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    No, we've never discussed it. I've never noticed it, really. Where is it exactly?
    Just inside the entrance gate, maybe two feet in, behind the railing on the right side (back facing the river)

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post

It's for those special deliveries from the Dead Letter Office.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM