Page 105 of 597 FirstFirst ... 5558095102103104105106107108115130155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 8941

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Just inside the entrance gate, maybe two feet in, behind the railing on the right side (back facing the river)
    That mailbox is just large enough for a "Ride Phone" (internal intercom only) and/or a regular PBX extension "Park Phone", perfectly placed for the Greeter to call for assistance or help. Or I could make one set do both with a little Magic.

If you ever hear the Mailbox start ringing as you walk by it (most likely a single-chime Trimline style ringer) that's a good clue. And the "T-handle" latch added to the door is another clue, that style mailbox usually comes with a flush cylinder lock. This one can be hand opened and latched many times during the day.

The hard part will be getting the "panel phone" with the retracting handset cord for it. (If you can find one, a Western Electric 750B would be perfect - 2750B would be the Touch-Tone model.) A regular curly handset cord will get beat to heck every time someone forgets to tuck it inside before latching the door, and they always do.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Check out this guy's 1:12 scale model of a set-up resembling the Mansion's Endless Hallway scene, including a Pepper's Ghost effect similar to Phantom Manor's EH. Pretty impressive work.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

He's a genius, you can barely tell its a miniature.

• We Go On.

Wow. That's a schnazzy endless hallway.

• Mr. Ghost

I don't know if this was brought up, but I was listening to my "Story and Song ...." and The narrator said "with each beat of his bride's heart, his head would dissapear and re-appear in his hatbox." Even if that's not officially recognized as canon, I think that clears up where the Hatbox ghost fits in the attic(rather than just some random ghost). Another note, and it was discussed before, when the teenagers, Mike & Karen were near the COD, a ghost ran toward them while it was chased. Is that supposed to be the ghost that was planned for the endless hallway audio? I know about the footsteps, but what about other audio?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    That mailbox is just large enough for a "Ride Phone" (internal intercom only) and/or a regular PBX extension "Park Phone", perfectly placed for the Greeter to call for assistance or help. Or I could make one set do both with a little Magic.

If you ever hear the Mailbox start ringing as you walk by it (most likely a single-chime Trimline style ringer) that's a good clue. And the "T-handle" latch added to the door is another clue, that style mailbox usually comes with a flush cylinder lock. This one can be hand opened and latched many times during the day.

The hard part will be getting the "panel phone" with the retracting handset cord for it. (If you can find one, a Western Electric 750B would be perfect - 2750B would be the Touch-Tone model.) A regular curly handset cord will get beat to heck every time someone forgets to tuck it inside before latching the door, and they always do.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Yeah, I dont work Mansion, but I would guess that box has an intercom in it. It's probably just like at the rides I know. Black phone that can be used to talk to other phones like it within the attraction. You get other CM's attention by pressing a button in the box which makes a beeping sound. All you have to do is put the phone to your ear. When you want to say something, you press a button on the phone itself, like a walkie talkie. Dont go playing with it unless your a CM though!! Cool thread, by the way.

• Pumpkin Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    I don't know if this was brought up, but I was listening to my "Story and Song ...." and The narrator said "with each beat of his bride's heart, his head would dissapear and re-appear in his hatbox." Even if that's not officially recognized as canon, I think that clears up where the Hatbox ghost fits in the attic(rather than just some random ghost). Another note, and it was discussed before, when the teenagers, Mike & Karen were near the COD, a ghost ran toward them while it was chased. Is that supposed to be the ghost that was planned for the endless hallway audio? I know about the footsteps, but what about other audio?
    His? That adds onto the confusion. Wasn't he one of the tailor's assistants and was killed while delivering some items for the bride? Also, in the HM comics, he was a sea captain killed by Gracy? SO MANY QUESTIONS! *is dizzy*
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    I don't know if this was brought up, but I was listening to my "Story and Song ...." and The narrator said "with each beat of his bride's heart, his head would dissapear and re-appear in his hatbox." Even if that's not officially recognized as canon, I think that clears up where the Hatbox ghost fits in the attic(rather than just some random ghost).
    Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicDragon View Post
    His? That adds onto the confusion. Wasn't he one of the tailor's assistants and was killed while delivering some items for the bride? Also, in the HM comics, he was a sea captain killed by Gracy? SO MANY QUESTIONS! *is dizzy*
    The Hatbox Ghost is groom to the attic bride. That's not simply one interpretation among many; that's canon.

The other stuff is fanfic crap.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The Hatbox Ghost is groom to the attic bride. That's not simply one interpretation among many; that's canon.
    Yes, but I became a wayward soul and have since discovered Elvira.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post

Who knew the Mansion had a mailbox, did I miss when this was discussed at some point in time?
    It's interesting that I just noticed this for the first time the last time I visited the Mansion. Maybe it's just that I'm not usually standing still in line that far back, I'm not sure. Do we know how long it has been there?
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

That mailbox/phone/intercom is pretty though, isn't it? I wouldn't mind having a mailbox like that beside my front door.

Hey, look what I just found:

Ecco E6 Locking Victorian Wall Mount Mailbox

• Who are you again?

If I want to send a letter to the Mansion would the address be

1313 Bayou Way
    New Orleans Square, Disneyland

lol, I might actually do this?
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Pumpkin Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post

1313 Bayou Way

Lawl, I'll send a letter when I'm not lazy
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post

1313 Bayou Way

Address it to The Hatbox Ghost, demanding that I materialize.

Start a campaign!

I love fan mail.

Also, it would be interesting to see what, if anything, is sent back.

Let me know and I'll announce it to my Twitter followers and mention it on my blog.

(INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM