Page 106 of 618 FirstFirst ... 6568196103104105106107108109116131156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 9267

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Address it to The Hatbox Ghost, demanding that I materialize.

Start a campaign!

I love fan mail.

Also, it would be interesting to see what, if anything, is sent back.

Let me know and I'll announce it to my Twitter followers and mention it on my blog.

(INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER)

Bring back Crystal Pepsi also!

• Who are you again?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Start a campaign!

I love fan mail.

Let me know and I'll announce it to my Twitter followers and mention it on my blog.

(INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER)
    (INSERT MORE EVIL LAUGHTER)

let the writing commence! now where did I put my campaign pen?
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Boogers are salty

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The Hatbox Ghost is groom to the attic bride. That's not simply one interpretation among many; that's canon.

The other stuff is fanfic crap.
    So does that make the Hatbox Ghost Gracy himself?

• We Go On.

^Gracy=Some Random owner of the mansion before or after constance.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    So does that make the Hatbox Ghost Gracy himself?
    Master Gracey was a tombstone name at WDW and Disneyland in tribute to designer Yale Gracey and has been conclusively denied by Disney in official format as being the Ghost Host, and was never linked to Hatbox at all by fanfiction or official sources. Hatbox simply was a menacing spectre in the attic and groom to the lost, eerie bride, with no official ties to being in any way the "owner" of the Mansion or host.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Master Gracey was a tombstone name at WDW and Disneyland in tribute to designer Yale Gracey and has been conclusively denied by Disney in official format as being the Ghost Host, and was never linked to Hatbox at all by fanfiction or official sources. Hatbox simply was a menacing spectre in the attic and groom to the lost, eerie bride, with no official ties to being in any way the "owner" of the Mansion or host.
    Well said.

• Inhospitable about happy

Incidentally, with regard to the Haunted Mansion's address; it's on the corner of Esplanade and Front Street. Also, you can see the mailbox nicely in this shot.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Who are you again?

ok, the address is
    1313 Front St
    New Orleans Square Disneyland 92802
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Time to start gettin' into that Halloweeny mood. Maybe these'll help.

The Ghost Host is an interesting character. Is there anyone quite like him in fiction or film or attractions? He speaks to us, the guests; he never speaks to any other character in the attraction. He's not an evil character, like Maleficent, since he has some concern for our continued survival; nor is he really a good character - his appearance as the hanged man in the stretch room seems to be a deliberate act, a ghoulish prank.

But he certainly isn't torn between good and evil; rather he's quite comfortable with frightening prematurely and politely regretting it.

He owes something to Vincent Price, I think. Price played the (non-ghost) host in William Castle's "House on Haunted Hill". That character, Frederick Loren, embodies a similar mixture of enignmatic calm, dark humor, courtesy and manipulation.

Another, fairly slender thread connects him to Belasco, the (dead) host in the movie Hell House. The guests are greeted by a phonograph: "Welcome to my house. I'm delighted you could come..."

That seems similar to our first experience of the Ghost Host, in the foyer; the disembodied, speakerish voice suggests a recording.

• Wouldn't YOU like to know

Start a campaign!

I love fan mail.

(INSERT EVIL LAUGHTER)
    wasn't 1440 Bluebeard the address, or am I just imagining things?
    If you liked this post in any way, please mark it as helpful, thanks

There's a new hand projection being used at the unload at WDW.

YouTube - Haunted Mansion unload projection

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    There's a new hand projection being used at the unload at WDW.

YouTube - Haunted Mansion unload projection
    Thats..hmm...thats hard to say whether I like that or not.

• =)

I'm not a big fan. Obviously, projection technologies can be put to brilliant use in an attraction like this (cf. Madame Leota and the singing busts), but those applications create convincing illusions - they make you think you're seeing something that in reality would be remarkable. This application makes you think you're seeing a hand icon projected on the back of a ride vehicle.

I'm curious if people weren't unloading fast enough. It seems to me that with an automated spiel and a CM on the ramp, no further encouragement or clarification would be necessary. Perhaps it's an issue with non-English-speaking guests?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

From the still I thought it was going to be a joke, honestly...heh. It reminds me of the giant Monty Python foot a little. It isn't horrible...but not particularly well themed...
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM