Page 107 of 583 FirstFirst ... 7578297104105106107108109110117132157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 8743

• We Go On.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

The hand is there because some people were getting out of their doom buggie...

...to their right!

But really, I'm serious.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Wow thats ghastly!

I like it. It would be even better if it was a zombie hand. and was more "vapor-like".
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Its not bad per say. but...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    better if it was a zombie hand. and was more "vapor-like".
    Yeah, I agree.

• Mr. Ghost

Here is something Halloween related: ( I really want to start this with "Riddle me this?") How is the Haunted Mansion related to the 1952 classic "Trick or Treat" in which Donald Duck tries to put one over on his nephews?
    Spoiler
    The credits say " Layout & Background: Yale Gracey.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    Here is something Halloween related: ( I really want to start this with "Riddle me this?") How is the Haunted Mansion related to the 1952 classic "Trick or Treat" in which Donald Duck tries to put one over on his nephews?
    Spoiler
    The credits say " Layout & Background: Yale Gracey.
    YEP.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    From the still I thought it was going to be a joke, honestly...heh. It reminds me of the giant Monty Python foot a little. It isn't horrible...but not particularly well themed...
    No, that looks pretty horrible.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    There's a new hand projection being used at the unload at WDW.

YouTube - Haunted Mansion unload projection
    I don't like it — at all! It looks CHEESY.

If it were a ghostly hand consistent in style with other classic Haunted Mansion ghostly hands, it would look skeletal and ethereal. It would roll like smoke, be animated or materialize as does the Seance Room's ectoplasmic entity. Instead, it looks like a cheap clipart knockoff of a glass slide projection from a 1917 movie palace.

Or, did some design staff member get lazy and just enlarge a wingding?

C-H-E-E-S-Y!!!

I hope that crappy hand projection isn't an indicator of the quality of things to come in the queue area.

• Inhospitable about happy

The main problem, IMO, is that it's just a generic, clip-art pointing finger, probably done in a hurry. Hopefully, something a little more creative will eventually replace it, like a skeletal hand, and perhaps animated a little. As far as solving a problem (furrinners who don't know the word "left"), it's not really that bad an idea, IMO.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Agreed, as is, it is just bland and draws attention to it's blandness. It makes me expect the Monty Python foot to come down and stomp the doom buggy next heh

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

The main problem, IMO, is that it's just a generic, clip-art pointing finger, probably done in a hurry. Hopefully, something a little more creative will eventually replace it, like a skeletal hand, and perhaps animated a little. As far as solving a problem (furrinners who don't know the word "left"), it's not really that bad an idea, IMO.
    Just saw the picture for the first time... Big Problem!! It's not the 'Disney Point' two-finger/loose clutch palm, but the "insulting to some cultures" clip art one-finger clenched fist point. (Don't know which cultures, but I'm sure someone around here knows, or is from there, or is there.)

And nobody else realized this till now?

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Just saw the picture for the first time... Big Problem!! It's not the 'Disney Point' two-finger/loose clutch palm, but the "insulting to some cultures" clip art one-finger clenched fist point. (Don't know which cultures, but I'm sure someone around here knows, or is from there, or is there.)

--<< Bruce >>--
    Is deemed offensive in England, if its directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

--<< Bruce >>--
    This is true. It is a violation of Disney conduct policy.

And, no, I don't think the idea is bad. I just think the style, or lack thereof, is AWFUL.

•   

Actually I dont think Disney really cares about the two finger thing anymore. No one ever mentioned it to me during any part of my training.......I just do it because I already knew about it from lurking on various Disney sites. lol

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM