Page 108 of 616 FirstFirst ... 8588398105106107108109110111118133158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 9232

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I personally don't find it that "horrific", but it does need to be replaced with something better-themed though.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    Actually I dont think Disney really cares about the two finger thing anymore. No one ever mentioned it to me during any part of my training.......I just do it because I already knew about it from lurking on various Disney sites. lol
    I'm surprised to read that. If that is the case, Disney is really slipping.

Even in business training, execs who give presentations are instructed to point with two fingers or an open hand. The same goes with modeling. Watch "The Price Is Right." You won't see the girls pointing at display items with one finger.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CMinParadise View Post
    Actually I dont think Disney really cares about the two finger thing anymore. No one ever mentioned it to me during any part of my training.......I just do it because I already knew about it from lurking on various Disney sites. lol
    When I was trained, I was told to do the two finger point but not why. I've always done it even before I earned my ears, but I never REALLY thought about the reason. I'm pretty sure it's done just because we were all taught as kids that pointing was rude, and it's a more polite way to point.
    I think the whole projection thing is a little silly. It must have been done because one too many people tried to get out on the wrong side.... I guess the obvious choice for a directional thing was a ghostly hand in a Victorian wood-cut style. A two-fingered point in the same style would look really weird, but I guess if it's a necessary evil for safety's sake, a Monty Python-esque hand isn't the worst thing they could do.
    dreams. come. true.

I was told to do the two finger thing in training also.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Inhospitable about happy

The Halloween Mousetalgia podcast will have an unusual guest.

Uh...me.

They do that show in an apartment about ten minutes from where I live. We recorded the Halloween show last Friday. Jeff Baham ("Chef Mayhem") invited me on. That's the first time I've met him in person, even though we live in the same town. It was a lot of fun. I got to pimp promote my blog, and I talked about this monster Thread too, so we might have a few new lurkers after that show airs.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The Halloween Mousetalgia podcast will have an unusual guest.

Uh...me.

They do that show in an apartment about ten minutes from where I live. We recorded the Halloween show last Friday. Jeff Baham ("Chef Mayhem") invited me on. That's the first time I've met him in person, even though we live in the same town. It was a lot of fun. I got to pimp promote my blog, and I talked about this monster Thread too, so we might have a few new lurkers after that show airs.
    VERY COOL!

That's going to be some podcast. You're on your way to being a publicly recognized Haunted Mansion authority.

• =)

It's well deserved, HBG2. Can't wait to hear the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It's well deserved, HBG2. Can't wait to hear the podcast!
    You betcha!

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I got to pimp promote my blog,
    *sigh* I quit.

Oh, uh, I mean Congratulations! He he.

In all seriousness, I am very excited to hear the podcast! Congrats!
    Last edited by MasterGracey13; 10-18-2010 at 01:07 PM.

• Pants Club Treasurer

Congrats HBG2 on the inclusion in the Moustalgia podcast! Will have to catch that one. You and the Chef are a great source of information about the HM.

MG13 - Don't sell yourself short. You too, are also a great HM resource. I enjoy reading all of the HM and Disney blogs I come across.

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Yay! Three of my favorite Disney things... Doombuggies (Chef), Moustalgia & Y-O-U!!! Congratsarama HBG2!!!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Doom Buggy Detailer

Going to start editing the show tomorrow, and it'll be live next Monday morning. It should be a great way to kick off Halloween week, so everyone subscribe now so that you don't forget ;-) Thanks for dropping by, Dan - really, really good stuff. And MG13 - you know the Mousetalgia crew loves you. Hang in there, and you'll get your plug eventually. Your site is light years ahead of where I was at after as much time.

Y'all might be interested in this week's episode (#103) as well... I and my co-host Kristen were able to visit Alice Davis in her home a few weeks back, and she took us on a tour of Marc's studio. It's not directly Haunted Mansion-related, but I know lots of you are Marc Davis fans and might like to hear some stories from his life as told to us by Alice.

You can look for Mousetalgia on iTunes or go to Mousetalgia - Carpe Kingdom - Let's Talk Disney!.
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

• Inhospitable about happy

Outside the Berm has a wonderful 1964 photo of the HM up today. Not only is it a gorgeous shot, but it clearly shows the mysterious brick-walled quadrangle that once stood in the southwest corner of the lot, the area that is today taken up with queue switchbacks.

The enclosure is clearly visible in this 1962 aerial shot. We've speculated that it was just a place to dump dirt and park unsightly earth-moving equipment during construction, but also that it could have been the spot where Rolly's "Museum of the Weird" might have been planned to go. It was always billed as an annex to the Mansion, a pre-show area, which begs the question where it would have been located.

Similar vintage, different angle:

Last edited by HBG2; 10-22-2010 at 08:26 AM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Very interesting indeed, and great old photos..I bet that was supposed to be the Museum of the Weird space, perhaps. Good find!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Somewhat Mansion related given it is Mr. Ravenscroft, and a Disney classic. A little something for the season...

YouTube - The Headless Horseman - Thurl Ravenscroft
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM