Page 109 of 658 FirstFirst ... 9598499106107108109110111112119134159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 9865

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Needs visuals!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Somewhat Mansion related given it is Mr. Ravenscroft, and a Disney classic. A little something for the season...

YouTube - The Headless Horseman - Thurl Ravenscroft
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

This year Mr. Peanut is going as Darth Vadar.

And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

No, I didn't have wine with dinner. Why do you ask?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Excellent, you can go as Tony B. and he can be Darth Vadar...you're both all set!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Well, Thread Seven is about to be lifted up to the level of its six predecessors. It seems to me that somewhere in each of them there has been some sort of major discovery or revelation—the stuff of SuperPosts, you know? Nothing really like that so far in this one...

until now.

SuperPost

This is going to get its own post on my blog at the end of the Ken Anderson series I'm currently doing, but you guys get a sneak peek. Threadheads come first. I think it's one of those cruel laws of Nature or something.

While working with the floor plan of Ken Anderson's Ghost House, I think I made a major discovery, just today. You can get a copy of the whole plan at Doombuggies.com. That one looks like this:

If you want a higher rez reproduction, you can find it on pp. 20-21 of The "E" Ticket 41 (Fall 2004). Here are a couple of scans:

What I discovered is that if you play around with the Gamma and the color bars, unexpected markings appear on the floor plan. This works with the E-Ticket reproduction but not the Doombuggies download.

Some of that extraneous material is bleed-thru from the other side of the pages, to be ignored. But some of it is indeed on the floor plan itself, very difficult to see until you twiddle a few knobs.

Those markings appear to be Ken Anderson's own scribbles on his own plans, showing such things as the direction of crowd movements, how many lines of people can be expected in various places, places they can be expected to stop, and big blobs showing what are probably congregation points, where they form groups. If no one has ever noticed these markings before, then this news will be of great interest to Disney historians and HM geeks.

Goosebump time, people. From beyond the grave, Ken Anderson provides a silent commentary on his "Ghost House" floor plan from September 2, 1957.

*shivers* Is it Halloween already?

• We Go On.

Great post. I've never seen anything like that before. It's very interesting that the order of scenes is so similar to the ride we have now.

• Yoiks!

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

While working with the floor plan of Ken Anderson's Ghost House, I think I made a major discovery, just today.

Those markings appear to be Ken Anderson's own scribbles on his own plans, showing such things as the direction of crowd movements, how many lines of people can be expected in various places, places they can be expected to stop, and big blobs showing what are probably congregation points, where they form groups. If no one has ever noticed these markings before, then this news will be of great interest to Disney historians and HM geeks.

Goosebump time, people. From beyond the grave, Ken Anderson provides a silent commentary on his "Ghost House" floor plan from September 2, 1957.

*shivers* Is it Halloween already?

That's an interesting find! I don't recall seeing this groundplan before. It would be fun to see a walkthrough of this version using the existing sketches.

Happy Halloween from Thailand!

The Halloween Mousetalgia podcast will have an unusual guest.

Uh...me.

They do that show in an apartment about ten minutes from where I live. We recorded the Halloween show last Friday. Jeff Baham ("Chef Mayhem") invited me on. That's the first time I've met him in person, even though we live in the same town. It was a lot of fun. I got to pimp promote my blog, and I talked about this monster Thread too, so we might have a few new lurkers after that show airs.
    Show's up.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Yay I'm excited to listen to it!!
    dreams. come. true.

• The Study of Wumbo

Good episode. And nice find with those markings, HBG2. Interesting to see how Ken was so concerned over how people would see his attraction.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Show's up.
    I listened to it yesterday, It was great!
    I do hope you get called onto the show again!

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Show's up.
    Great podcast! And your exit chuckle was perfect. Hope they bring you back again soon!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Thanks guys, it was lots of fun.

Here's another world premier exclusive, first seen right here, right now, on the Thread.

Eddie Sotto sent me a piece of unpublished concept art for his Tom Sawyer Island makeover proposal from the 90's. Part of the Lafitte thing. You entered a crypt near the HM and tunneled under, through pirate catacombs, and came up on TSI inside an overturned ship serving as a pirate hideout, hidden in the foliage. This is that ship's interior:

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg. I love this thread so hard. Thanks, Eddie!! It's beautiful and I wish I could see it for realsies.
    dreams. come. true.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That is very cool indeed to see, love it...bit thanks to Eddie Soto for sharing!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Larger Than (After)Life

HBG2, when you have more time, I think you should consider doing your own "Long-Forgotten" podcasts and linking them to your blog. They'd be GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! (That's my Thurl Ravenscroft impression.)

If someone would be kind enough to help me out, I need a graphic made that I do not have the Photoshop skills to do myself.

I need Christopher Walken with his hair slicked back, wearing a leather jacket and tinted glasses, and holding a hatbox similar to that of yours ghoully. (In the original image, Walken is pointing.) I need it to be captioned or overlaid with a transparent dialogue bubble that reads, "I gotta have more HATBOX GHOST!" or "What this needs is more HATBOX GHOST!"

If one of you can make this, I'd really appreciate it. Or, if you can think of a better variation, I'd appreciate that too. Thanks in advance.

And, no, I'm not insane. Well, maybe a little.

OK, as you were.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM