Page 110 of 618 FirstFirst ... 106085100107108109110111112113120135160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 9261

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by hbg2 View Post
    thanks guys, it was lots of fun.

here's another world premier exclusive, first seen right here, right now, on the thread.

Eddie sotto sent me a piece of unpublished concept art for his tom sawyer island makeover proposal from the 90's. Part of the lafitte thing. You entered a crypt near the hm and tunneled under, through pirate catacombs, and came up on tsi inside an overturned ship serving as a pirate hideout, hidden in the foliage. This is that ship's interior:

Aaaaaaaaawsooooooooome!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    If someone would be kind enough to help me out, I need a graphic made that I do not have the Photoshop skills to do myself.

I need Christopher Walken with his hair slicked back, wearing a leather jacket and tinted glasses, and holding a hatbox similar to that of yours ghoully. (In the original image, Walken is pointing.) I need it to be captioned or overlaid with a transparent dialogue bubble that reads, "I gotta have more HATBOX GHOST!" or "What this needs is more HATBOX GHOST!"
    Kind of like this?

when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Kind of like this?

Have I told you lately that I love you?

THANK YOU!!!!!!

• Who are you again?

Kind of like this?

this made my day for today, tomorrow, next week and yesterday
    Thank you
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Wouldn't YOU like to know

Brilliance.
    If you liked this post in any way, please mark it as helpful, thanks

Kind of like this?

LOL.

It's funny that you posted it since a friend of mine just did a drawing of the 'Walkin Dead.' The Walken Dead – DocPop.org

Quote Originally Posted by The Pooped Pirate View Post
    Brilliance.
    On behalf of RegionsBeyond (Photoshopper) and myself (thinker outside the hatbox), thank you.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Just in time for Halloween, found a much clearer and slightly longer version of the New Mayfair Orchestra's "Haunted House" song:

YouTube - Ray Noble, The New Mayfair Dance Orchestra - The Haunted house

Happy Halloween, foolish mortals!

Happy Halloween! May all the spirits materialize...

• Inhospitable about happy

Happy Halloween!

Those of you who may have been following the blog know that I've just concluded a series on Ken Anderson, "Father of the Haunted Mansion," a topic we've taken up many times in the course of these Threads.

As a bonus, here's something I left out of the series as not directly germane to the discussion. I've noticed that the cyclorama scene outside the Salon window in Anderson's Ghost House—the scene where the Headless Horseman appears—is very precisely the subject of a well-known piece of Anderson concept art. Usually the link between these paintings and a particular part of the show is looser. This time, if you compare the floor plan and the painting carefully, it's obvious that they are extremely close. Not only that, but Anderson wrote up a detailed description of the show scene about one month after he drew the floor plan. If you put the three items together...well, it's fun, that's all.

Commence with a windy moonlit night with the reflection of the moon in the bayou beyond the graveyard.
    The clouds will obscure the moon and distant flashes of lightning and sounds of thunder will next be heard. While the sky is darkening, the ghostly apparition of the Headless Horseman will fade into view or appear from behind a distant tree and gallop toward the graveyard and house from right to left foreground. He will disappear behind some trees to the left, but the sound of his horse's approaching hoofbeats will continue to grow louder. Suddenly, he bursts into view in the courtyard just outside the windows and gallops across from left to right... reining to a noisy halt just out of view below the balcony on our right. His cape is the only part of him we need to see at this last crossing, since the shrubs will obscure the horse. His cape must match in color and value with the previous projected mirage. Next, a bolt of lightning against the sky and a werewolf's howl signal the appearance of the ghosts rising from the tombs, first one, and then two, and more, until ghosts are materializing from the earth around the tombs as well as the tombs themselves. Finally a blinding flash of lightning fills the room and dazzles the spectators, while a tremendous thunder clap ends the scene.
    Here's a colorized, isolated version of Anderson's only known Haunted Mansion tribute, a caricature drawn on a 30th Anny "Death Certificate." He deserves more, but if this is all they're gonna give us, then I guess we'll have to make the most of it.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Yoiks!

Still lov'n your blog. Hopefully by the end of November I will have time to comment on it (and here). Both are a wonderful diversion to the hecticness of the real world!

Edit: Oh, I missed (or can't find) the Halloween surprise on Doombuggies.com. Can anyone post or link it for me. Please post/link any other Halloween/HM goodies from other sites too (Disney.com usually does something, and last year a bunch of sites got together to do stuff)
    TIA
    Last edited by Kreepy Karl; 11-01-2010 at 06:21 AM.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl View Post
    Still lov'n your blog. Hopefully by the end of November I will have time to comment on it (and here). Both are a wonderful diversion to the hecticness of the real world!

Edit: Oh, I missed (or can't find) the Halloween surprise on Doombuggies.com. Can anyone post or link it for me. Please post/link any other Halloween/HM goodies from other sites too (Disney.com usually does something, and last year a bunch of sites got together to do stuff)
    TIA
    What Halloween surprise? Are you Talking about the "Doorless Chambers" event? If so, It was cancelled.

• Mr. Ghost

Was there a thread post or blog post linking the antics of the skeletons in the "The Skeleton Dance" as a direct or subliminal influence on Marc Davis as he was doing concept art for the Graveyard Jamboree? And I have a late Halloween bonus: How is the top pumpkin similar to the Uncle Theodore bust in said GYJ?

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    Was there a thread post or blog post linking the antics of the skeletons in the "The Skeleton Dance" as a direct or subliminal influence on Marc Davis as he was doing concept art for the Graveyard Jamboree? And I have a late Halloween bonus: How is the top pumpkin similar to the Uncle Theodore bust in said GYJ?

He's leaning over.

I don't think there's ever been a post on "The Skeleton Dance" on the Threads, probably because it's not readily apparent that it had any influence on the HM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Agreed about the skeleton dance: all the elements that could be crossovers (owls, mainly, and perhaps spooky trees) are fairly generic for the spooky entertainment category. Nothing close to the whispy spirits in Bald Mountain/Fantasia, which are also tenuously connected at best...
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 11-04-2010 at 08:59 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM