Page 111 of 584 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121136161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 8752

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Remember that Epic Mickey video game I mentioned a while back? Here's a screenshot from the interior of the Haunted Mansion-inspired level:

It seems Constance has been eating quite a few crullers lately.

Also, note the design on the doorframe.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Note the tombstone has the names of singing busts Ned, Rollo, Theodore, & Phineas.
    YouTube - Disney Epic Mickey -- Behind the Scenes Video: Creating an Epic Score
    (quick glimpse of aforementioned Constance portrait @ 2:47)
    More Lonesome Manor footage starting @ 3:22.

• Yoiks!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    What Halloween surprise? Are you Talking about the "Doorless Chambers" event? If so, It was cancelled.
    That's part of what I was talking about. Disney.com (I think) has a Halloween surprise, and there was a Facebook post about Doombuggies doing something this year, but since nothing was put here, I'm guessing nobody got it.
    Thanks anyway!

Skeleton Dance (and its remake) are both great cartoons. I'm sure they were a general influence, to lovers of the ooky, but there is nothing specific connecting it to the HM.

• Inhospitable about happy

There are two outstanding fan sites dedicated to Phantom Manor, RAVENSWOOD MANOR and HAPPY HAUNTS. There are many quality photos at each site, but they leave you hungry for a lot more. I'll bet PM fans in particular and HM fans in general wish the sites had more pix.

Well, today I ran across a brand new trove of 84 very high rez photos of the PM, including some backstage shots. Something to add to your PM bookmarks. Check it out HERE.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Yoiks!

Those are some really nice shots!

Finally, more pics of the most unique HM!

• Mr. Ghost

And that's pretty good, I came across the DLP map in my search for how different that park is (Adventureland and Frontierland are switched). Here's a map Map of Disneyland Park • DLRP Magic! - Disneyland Paris guides, photos, trivia

• hatbox ghost believer

Hope to visit DLP, so I can see it in person someday soon myself. Thanks for the linkies!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Those are fantastic photos...great link!

In other news, this image was posted recently over on Matterhorn's superlative "Stuff From the Park" blog:

Of course, this was early days given it lists the Mansion opening in 1963 (in walk through format, one assumes). But what is more interesting is the lack of any mention of Pirates apart from the generic "Thieves' Market". Of course Mansion had been on the radar longer as a concept at this point, but not a word about the centerpiece attraction NoS eventually opened with...

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Those are fantastic photos...great link!

In other news, this image was posted recently over on Matterhorn's superlative "Stuff From the Park" blog:

Of course, this was early days given it lists the Mansion opening in 1963 (in walk through format, one assumes). But what is more interesting is the lack of any mention of Pirates apart from the generic "Thieves' Market". Of course Mansion had been on the radar longer as a concept at this point, but not a word about the centerpiece attraction NoS eventually opened with...
    *save as*
    thanks, now my HM folder is giant because of these threads

Well, let's give the ol' Thread a kick in the pants with a few purdy pictures. Here's Nathan Schroeder concept sketch for the backyard cemetery in the 2003 Haunted Mansion movie, and the actual one from the movie (which is obviously a painting). I've said before that Schroeder's sketches are the single best thing to come out of that whole effort, and it seems to me that a lot more could have been done in this instance to capture what Schroeder did in the sketch, but still, not bad.

Pretty nice. Also, I'll repost these beauties in case anyone missed them earlier. They're extremely rare tombstone concept sketches by Rolly Crump.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

It wasn't until after taking my (so far one and only) animation class that I noticed that the charcoal sketch is actually my favorite type of charcoal form, which is reduction. It's basically that you sketch out the basic forms of everything you want to draw with a stick of the dark stuff, then smear it over the whole page so it's all dark. You then add charcoal to the parts you want darker and more shaded, and use an eraser to add the light portions. It's incredibly effective at instantly giving your work a darker feel, if it is a time-consuming form of self expression. It's also a great technique for the beginning artist, as it teaches to draw in shades and not with lines. Sidenote, but educational nonetheless.
    dreams. come. true.

• Mr. Ghost

Vintage Disneyland Tickets Has a good post today, A magazine from 1994... A few pages down they mention the 25th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion in said magazine with a mention of the Hatbox Ghost as a phantom who did'nt quite work out plus pics of old "beating heart" and Yale Gracey with the double exposed HBG promo pics.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Slightly related but mostly not, and still pretty durned cool: Yesterday while working, I met a cast member who started working at the parks in 1969 in Tomorrowland attractions (specifically Flight to the Moon, and then Mission to Mars) and then moved over to our favorite side of the park to become a trainer on the Haunted Mansion. She said she went on the ride when they did cast previews, and was lucky enough to have seen the Hatbox Ghost (but looked at me confusedly when I described our long-forgotten effect, which, I suppose, is an important detail to factor into the puzzle.) Like a dork, and even with a line at my register, I asked to shake her hand. I think she just thought it was funny that her history with the parks could impress a young'n so much.
    dreams. come. true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    Vintage Disneyland Tickets Has a good post today, A magazine from 1994... A few pages down they mention the 25th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion in said magazine with a mention of the Hatbox Ghost as a phantom who did'nt quite work out plus pics of old "beating heart" and Yale Gracey with the double exposed HBG promo pics.
    Yeah, I've got a copy of that issue. It's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    Slightly related but mostly not, and still pretty durned cool: Yesterday while working, I met a cast member who started working at the parks in 1969 in Tomorrowland attractions (specifically Flight to the Moon, and then Mission to Mars) and then moved over to our favorite side of the park to become a trainer on the Haunted Mansion. She said she went on the ride when they did cast previews, and was lucky enough to have seen the Hatbox Ghost (but looked at me confusedly when I described our long-forgotten effect, which, I suppose, is an important detail to factor into the puzzle.) Like a dork, and even with a line at my register, I asked to shake her hand. I think she just thought it was funny that her history with the parks could impress a young'n so much.
    Oooh. You shoulda steered her toward the Thread and/or the blog. I would LOVE to make contact somehow. You know how rare those people are.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM