Page 113 of 616 FirstFirst ... 136388103110111112113114115116123138163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 9231

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I don't think I've ever noticed the fiber optics, feel like such a fool.

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I don't think they're necessarily "fiber optics," just crystals imbedded in holes in a black sheet of plastic, with lights behind it. Same thing you see in the "windows" in the Space Mountain queue at one end of the loading area.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Mr. Ghost

Not long forgotten, but a little Mansion related anyway. DISNEY PARK ATTRACTION POSTERS
    Has a post on attarction poster concepts and I don't know if it's been seen before here or elswhere is a 1981 Haunted Mansion poster concept.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    Not long forgotten, but a little Mansion related anyway. DISNEY PARK ATTRACTION POSTERS
    Has a post on attarction poster concepts and I don't know if it's been seen before here or elswhere is a 1981 Haunted Mansion poster concept.
    Haha that HM one just evokes 1960's culture (the font, the tagline)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

In the vein of documenting pretty much everything HM related, here are a few stills from the Osmonds/Kurt Russel Disneyland Showtime episode.

This is just outside and to the right of the modern French Market, and presumably the sign seen behind Br'er Fox was a permanent/daily fixture to point guests to the new attraction and not just there for filming, since no one mentions it during the segment.

And an obscured view of the ground level rear queue cemetery:

when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Red shirt with glasses in the background of the second still: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE PANTS?
    dreams. come. true.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    In the vein of documenting pretty much everything HM related, here are a few stills from the Osmonds/Kurt Russel Disneyland Showtime episode.

This is just outside and to the right of the modern French Market, and presumably the sign seen behind Br'er Fox was a permanent/daily fixture to point guests to the new attraction and not just there for filming, since no one mentions it during the segment.

Cool, I've never noticed that sign before.

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    Red shirt with glasses in the background of the second still: HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE PANTS?
    Probably the same place she got hers:

Welcome to 1969.

I'm one of those persons who thinks BY writing, rather than thinking and THEN writing. I just posted a new post at ye olde blogge that took quite awhile because halfway through it I decided "I don't believe this crap I'm writing" and had to figure out why. Totally changed the post as a result.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Your blog title made me lose. Thanks, Dan.
    dreams. come. true.

Your blog title made me lose. Thanks, Dan.
    Hmmm. All right, work with me here.

"Your blog title made me lose." Some new slang use of "lose," perhaps? That's all I need, another reason to feel old and out of it. Let's see. Maybe we can figure it out. Used intransitively, "lose" means "lose a competition." Did she lose a bet with someone? But maybe it's a new idiom that consists in using it transitively, but with the object not stated. You're supposed to understand what was lost without being told, see? Did she lose her lunch? Did she lose control of herself (i.e., she's laughing)? Maybe she lost, er, control of certain bodily functions? Did she lose hope (i.e., that I would retain my sanity)? Or did she lose her grip (on reality)?

Maybe it's a typographical error, but an error for what? Did the title make her "loose"? That's...no, don't even go there. Did it make her "lost"? *looks at blog title* How would that make anyone lost?

bzzzt snap bzzzzt snap... Synapses are DYING over this in there, and I have few to spare.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I lost The Game, and the object of the game is to not think about the fact that you're playing the game. Once you remember that the game exists, you lose. Hence your blog title making me think about the fact that I am playing the game.

Also, your thought process is hilarious to me. "That's... no, don't even go there."
    dreams. come. true.

• Who are you again?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I lost The Game, and the object of the game is to not think about the fact that you're playing the game. Once you remember that the game exists, you lose. Hence your blog title making me think about the fact that I am playing the game.

Also, your thought process is hilarious to me. "That's... no, don't even go there."

oh thank you now I lost it
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

A competition that essentially rewards absent-mindedness? I own that one. You guys can slug it out for the silver and the bronze.

• Forgotten Spirit

Great now I lost it too
    anyways, I'm lovin' the pants in that picture.

• Mr. Ghost

This will probably get a response, or rebuttal from micechatters, but HBG2's blog post made me think of a theory as to why the HM isn't a great leap forward. One reason could be that the technolog did n't catch up w ith their ideas ( Like how George Lucas waited till the technology was better so he could do what he wanted for the Special Edition) I can just hear people screaming at their monitors about that. Another reason is the gags have to be short since at one point or another they decided that the omnimovers were the way they wanted to go. The gags had to be short and continuous. POTC did'nt have this pressure, since the boats could float through a scene one at a time. More time for the scene to unfold. Could you imagine if the HM had cars that went through one at a time. Oh what the imagineers could have done... Now as for some people saying it was't scary, well that is objective. There is a fine line between scary and heart stopping, in that vein I think the HM takes the high road, cause you can't be too scary.. families ride this. What if they went the other direction and used some of that art from Ken Anderson's ideas with all those ghouls and mis-shapen ghosts. How would people react then? That leads me to great question: Out of all the never used (excluding the concepts that were later redone by others) Ken Anderson gags, which scene would you like to have been made possible? I would like to see the ghost chasing that other one on the balcony that i had seen on Long Forgotten. (Now this post probably rambles on a bit and is probably nonsensical in some parts, I for one like to read what I have typed, and if I don't like it it gets redone. There are some things that I omitted and it takes a while to be satisfactory).

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I think I have at this point a rather nice little bit of HM goodness that hasn't yet graced these Threads in any format. Knock on wood, I don't recall seeing this in all the many and varied postings, but of course with the volume of posts, hard to tell 100 percent.

We all know of course of the original record, Story and Song from the Haunted Mansion, released prior to attraction opening. Pete Renoudet (better known as Henry from Country Bear Jamboree among other Disney roles) provided the Ghost Host narration for such, rather than Paul Frees. A source that shall remain unnamed has provided the following unused narration likely intended for the final Mansion in ride-through format before selecting Frees as the final Ghost Host, delivered by Renoudet:

YouTube - Alternate Haunted Mansion Intro - Pete Renoude

Interesting, isn't it, and tends to skew more stereotypical haunted house movie cliches a bit as well as keeping the bit about Walt Disney's original idea of the Mansion being moved to the park and the ghosts running the inside, while the outside was maintained to Disneyland standards. Apologies if this is indeed old news, but a nice piece of Mansion history even if so.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM