Page 115 of 608 FirstFirst ... 156590105112113114115116117118125140165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 9106

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

It's been a while since I've logged-in and posted, and I'm surprised that this thread isn't further along. It's like you're all waiting for someone to appear, or something.

And what-the-heck has happened to this site!? Where are my little cartoony things for inserting? I barely recognize this place.

For the record, one of my Facebook mortals just returned from a business meeting with Disney execs in Florida. Sadly, there is no news whatsoever on the return of yours ghoully. Furthermore, some of the new Haunted Mansion merch namely, products featuring said grinning ghost that was slated to be released this year wasn't. No word as to why it's on hold; but, my guess is that it may have something to do with the Del Toro film.

And there's no new news on the film either.

Ho-hum. Not much of an update, is it?

So, anyone going to Disneyland on Wednesday? I will be there in spirit and otherwise and getting into the holiday spirit. I plan to set a new record for my Haunted Mansion riding and hope to telekinetically stall the attraction for a good 5 minutes, while I'm in the graveyard scene.

I'll let you know if it works.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    How much to you suppose one of those skeleton keys would go for on eBay?
    You know, I somehow think that I've seen this keychain promo there before. I'm not certain though. It may have just been on someone's blog.

There's a Hatbox Ghost big fig on eBay now with a Buy It Now price of $999.00! It's been listed for some time. I know of one mortal who offered $500.00 for it but the seller refuses to come down. I don't think it's ever gone for more than $650.00, but I could be wrong.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    It's been a while since I've logged-in and posted, and I'm surprised that this thread isn't further along. It's like you're all waiting for someone to appear, or something.

And what-the-heck has happened to this site!? Where are my little cartoony things for inserting? I barely recognize this place.

For the record, one of my Facebook mortals just returned from a business meeting with Disney execs in Florida. Sadly, there is no news whatsoever on the return of yours ghoully. Furthermore, some of the new Haunted Mansion merch namely, products featuring said grinning ghost that was slated to be released this year wasn't. No word as to why it's on hold; but, my guess is that it may have something to do with the Del Toro film.

And there's no new news on the film either.

Ho-hum. Not much of an update, is it?

So, anyone going to Disneyland on Wednesday? I will be there in spirit and otherwise and getting into the holiday spirit. I plan to set a new record for my Haunted Mansion riding and hope to telekinetically stall the attraction for a good 5 minutes, while I'm in the graveyard scene.

I'll let you know if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    You know, I somehow think that I've seen this keychain promo there before. I'm not certain though. It may have just been on someone's blog.

There's a Hatbox Ghost big fig on eBay now with a Buy It Now price of $999.00! It's been listed for some time. I know of one mortal who offered $500.00 for it but the seller refuses to come down. I don't think it's ever gone for more than $650.00, but I could be wrong.
    Well howdy, stranger. I was just thinking about rattling the cage a little to see if you were still in there (no, really, I was). Yeah, things are mighty...relaxed...around here. And yeah, there's a new look. Just when you've mastered something, they change it. It's cruel for us fogeys.

A thousand clams for an HBG big fig seems pretty wacked to me, but then, I'm not a collector and don't keep my finger on those pulses.

What are folks doing for Christmas? My most recent blog about magic and the HM has rekindled a nostalgic interest in parlor magic. Pocket tricks, that sort of thing. I used to have a big box of typical "magic set" stuff, but there were one or two nicer ones in there too (my uncle was a magician), all of it going back to the 60's. Gave it to my nephew a long time ago, and recently my sister asked if I wanted that stuff back, seeing as how it's just sitting around. I'm going to pick up a few new ones, too. See, I figure it's about time for the grandkids to discover that fun thing, and who better to initiate them than their doting grandpa? Just call me the magic HB Genie. Presto.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Oh yeah that's next week. I'm working both the eve and the day, if anyone will be around.
    Last edited by CaitlinMcFly; 12-15-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    dreams. come. true.

• roundabout

Maybe the real magic behind the Haunted Mansion is that the presentation holds back from actually terrifying it's guests permanently. The show flaunts it's consummate knowledge of haunts, ghosts and the supernatural with such spirit that somewhere in the cobwebs of my brain I realize these guys who spent years designing this place "held back".

As I've read here on this thread, the genius must of been to tone it down, to make it more friendly. To equalize the amount of fear with the amount of joy. Everything inside and outside of the Haunted Mansion has a frightening presence. But the humor is dosed out in larger doses as the ride progresses.

Maybe that is why the Picture Gallery is so off putting, you haven't been dosed with enough humor to process the eeriness in one form or another. It's up to your own thought processes to come to a conclusion. Would it be as frightening at the end of the ride walking off?

• Bats in the Belfry!

Has anybody been playing Epic Mickey? I got it for my birthday last week, and have been playing through as much as possible. I just got into Lonesome Manor, which is based on the Haunted Mansion. Not very far in, but there's a few interesting tidbits I've noticed. I'll put 'em in the spoiler-block just in case.

First of all,
    Spoiler
    Constance is mentioned as being a central character, and she is formally called Constance Hatchaway, as shown in the wedding licenses in the attic. There is a section based on the Stretching Room, with re-painted portraits of Constance, the quicksand guys, and the butler on the eploding barrel. Constance appears to have gained some major weight, as was noticed a few posts back, but more interestingly, the portrait is altered. At the bottom of the grave is not the single stone head with an axe driven into it, but five...the singing busts from the graveyard!

Probably just a reference to the characters, as there are plenty of those, but I thought it might be worth mentioning here.

-Adam-

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I've actually just beaten the gallery level, but I've been busy with work and haven't had the energy to turn the console back on. The game is really good, but the camera SUCKS. I mean, woah, is it bad. Other than that, many of the little nods to things in the parks are just amazingly good.
    dreams. come. true.

• Lurker in the Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    I've actually just beaten the gallery level, but I've been busy with work and haven't had the energy to turn the console back on. The game is really good, but the camera SUCKS. I mean, woah, is it bad. Other than that, many of the little nods to things in the parks are just amazingly good.
    Right there with you.

I haven't made it to Lonesome Manor yet (still in Tomorrow City or whatever it's called), but man am I finding it a struggle to get through this game. If the "Haunted Mansion" level wasn't dangling on a carrot in front of me (as well as all the Disneyland references), I probably would have given up right after the "It's a Small World" level. I've come across far too many sequences where either I can't see the next platform I have to jump to, or the camera swings wildly around me when I do jump and I miss the ledge by a mile.

Please, please tell me Lonesome Manor is the next level after Tomorrow City?

• Who are you again?

Sadly no, After Tomorrow City, there's VentureLand (based off Adventureland) then the Sub-area of Tortooga (cross between POTC and Peter Pan) then AFTER Ventureland there's Lonesome Manor

got annoying when I found out the one area I was excited most about, its basically the Last in the game
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• We Go On.

Wow. I've never connected the singing busts to Constance's five husbands before. I wonder if that's the reason they decided on five.

• Lurker in the Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    Sadly no, After Tomorrow City, there's VentureLand (based off Adventureland) then the Sub-area of Tortooga (cross between POTC and Peter Pan) then AFTER Ventureland there's Lonesome Manor

got annoying when I found out the one area I was excited most about, its basically the Last in the game
    That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info though. I guess on the bright side that's some incentive to keep struggling with the camera.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Wow. I've never connected the singing busts to Constance's five husbands before. I wonder if that's the reason they decided on five.
    It's probably not possible to identify the two sets, since both sets of characters have official names, and they don't match. The only way for it to happen would be by dropping the bust names that have been official since before the HM even opened. But it ain't gonna happen. Where's George's mustache? And do any of the busts look Chinese to you?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

If you need help with Tomorrow City just let me know. I struggled through that level until I had an epiphany about how to do it without Gremlins. I missed a BUNCH of stuff, like I never got the rest of Goofy's parts, but I got through it! The boss level is a treat, and actually easy in the sense that it's methodic and timing-based, but I won't spoil it for you! Ventureland I really enjoyed because I, erm, spend a lot of time in the real place, but it's extremely difficult at times, especially the last level since you're going in blindly. Dangit, now I think I'm gonna pick up the controller again and play it tonight!
    dreams. come. true.

Museum of the Weird: The Movie?
    Disney gets weird | 24 Frames | Los Angeles Times

Seems a bit odd since I assume Del Toro might use some of that Crump stuff for the HM movie.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

While on the topic of Epic Mickey, you know how the third Stretching portrait is a Jungle Cruise version of the Quicksand painting? Is it just me, or does the guy on the bottom bear a striking resemblance to a certain ex-skipper?

That's the best screenshot I could find; sorry. Trust me, it looks a lot more Maynard-like in-game.
    Last edited by Garfieldo; 12-17-2010 at 04:49 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM