Page 116 of 586 FirstFirst ... 166691106113114115116117118119126141166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 8789

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Museum of the Weird: The Movie?
    Disney gets weird | 24 Frames | Los Angeles Times

Seems a bit odd since I assume Del Toro might use some of that Crump stuff for the HM movie.
    Smelly, what would we do without you, lad? Great find. The fact that they're even thinking about doing something like "Museum of the Weird: the Movie" is the strongest proof yet that Disney has discovered the Mansion fanbase and considers it to be so significant that an appeal to the hardcore element within it is thought to be an adequate point of entry to a much larger market. Getting down with del Toro with serious plans for a new HM movie was one proof, and now we have this. The 40th Anny hoopla must have gotten someone's attention.

On balance, bad news, says I. Getting del Toro is an encouraging sign, but I still don't trust them not to screw it up.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I love the idea of a Museum of The Weird! There's alot of phantasmagoric ideas they can play with. As for Del Tor, I am very pleased with his involvement in the reboot of HM in film.

And FYI, if you need help with the Epic Mickey game, I highly recommend the Prima book (available at Amazon.com):

Amazon.com: Disney Epic Mickey: Prima Official Game Guide (9780307470850): Mike Searle: Books

I don't have the game (or the book) myself, but The Prima books help getting through the games, offer tricks (and cheats) and also explain the levels very well. It was a wonderful help with the American McGee Alice game for me.

Sadly, unless they make the game available for the Mac (or at least the i-phone), I won't be able to play it (no game consoles for me thank you).
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Oh, good! I found the face thingies.

Well, apparently, I'm great at willing stalls but not so good with timing. I rode The Haunted Mansion four times on Wednesday and the ride stalled once each time, but during none of those stalls was I in the graveyard. I was, however, in front of the ballroom scene during one of the breakdowns. That was ghoulishly delightful!

FYI, The Knight is still AWOL.

And now, for something completely different

What-the-heck is THIS from?

• roundabout

the stretch room original ballerina sold for $47,500.

• is too darn hot.

I thought they still used hand-painted pictures in the stretching room.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Museum of the Weird movie too, hmmm? Could be interesting if it comes to pass.

Was going through video clips I had taken for a separate project, and found this:

The Magic Kingdom/Liberty Square HM pre-Constance and with pop up head shrieks still intact. Very dark and not best quality, but something to add to the "beating heart" documentation file.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post

Wow, that is certainly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    I thought they still used hand-painted pictures in the stretching room.
    Yep, I don't know what they're talking about. A guy who reportedly worked for DL told them that they stopped using hand-painted canvasses in 1972, and since the auctioned portrait is hand-painted, they used that to date it to 69-72. If that's the basis of their dating, then the 1972 date may be called into question, because they were still hand-painted long past that date. Look at the variety in the tree foliage in these three paintings side-by-side, being prepared for Tokyo DL:

Somewhere on the previous Thread, GRD says, "When the portraits were still hand-painted...", which suggests that they are no longer done that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Wow, that is certainly interesting.
    It's definitely not the mansion soundtrack that is playing now, nor do I believe that it was ever part of the attraction in that form.

• Minion

Finished Epic Mickey last night. I think next run in going paint-path on some of the bosses, I'm definitely looking forward to the "weaponizing Doombuggies" part of battling the Mad Doctor.

Also, a few other tidbits:
    *Besides the Lonesome Ghosts, you can see another nod to the Mansion's conceptual roots with a portrait of the Headless Horseman appearing in the game's Library, which also pull double duty as the Seance Room for the Wasteland counterpart to Madame Leota. The rest of the paintings include the ghost ship, the sea captain, a castle I couldn't recognize and in the Foyer, Chernabog.

*There are a pair of dragon/griffin like gargoyles on the entry posts of the Mansion that made me think of the Tokyo version.

*For some reason Constance is the bride in the Wasteland (though she's an unseen character. You gotta find her axe for Horace Horsecollar so he can prove she killed all those people) and that just bugs me.

*The eyes from the wallpaper are everywhere in Ventureland and Bog Easy as well as peering from the floorboards of the Manor's stoop.

* The staring busts are both breakable and talking characters. They will chastise you if you smashed their comrades.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

I'm pretty sure that the portraits are still hand-painted. Take a look at some of Daveland's photos:

Not sure what date this is, but not anytime before 1972.

All of WDW's portraits are are prints now (sinister 11, stretching), so maybe GRD was referring to those? IDK.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost;

I dunno...always interesting to hear alternate takes, though. This page credits the alternate material simply to the audio resources of "The Hatbox Ghost", so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I dunno...always interesting to hear alternate takes, though. This page credits the alternate material simply to the audio resources of "The Hatbox Ghost", so who knows.
    The mystery has been solved!

My Facebook and Twitter pal Gerald Uhlan claims responsibility for that soundtrack version. He said that the MP3 was made for the Haunted Mansion 36th Anniversary set in 2005, but someone deleted the beginning where Paul Frees clarifies that it's an alternate recording. According to Gerald, the original beginning was replaced with audio from a radio ad.

So, there you have it. However, I don't know how it's the Hatbox Ghost edition. Perhaps, it's because it's not in the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    The mystery has been solved!

My Facebook and Twitter pal Gerald Uhlan claims responsibility for that soundtrack version. He said that the MP3 was made for the Haunted Mansion 36th Anniversary set in 2005, but someone deleted the beginning where Paul Frees clarifies that it's an alternate recording. According to Gerald, the original beginning was replaced with audio from a radio ad.
    That's what I suspected it was.

And...

...it's Lonesome Ghost to the rescue:

All stretchroom portraits were hand-painted until about five years ago, when they went to a new, large-format printer that can produce one in 12 minutes.

Looks like the days are now past when you could make close comparisons and discern a variety of different artistic readings of the same character. Alas.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM