Page 119 of 605 FirstFirst ... 196994109116117118119120121122129144169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 9070

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Oh RB, I LOVED those books when I was a kid! Should have been my parents' first clue that I was going to be an odd one. I've heard another version of the bride story where she accidentally dropped the lid on her head because it was heavy, and it cracked her skull so she died instantly. (Maybe she had glass bones, I dunno.) I've always made that relationship between the story and the HM, but since the books gained popularity in the 80's and 90's, I figured it was just a similar old story.
    dreams. come. true.

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

To all you Threadsters...

Harpie Nudie Ear
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Wouldn't YOU like to know

So, wondering if anyone knows, on the crypt outside one of the HMs, can't remember which. Anaheim or Orlando. Anyway, it says 1440 Bluebeard if I remember correctly, and I don't know if that's the address or a reference to the old sea-captain plot or what. Shine a little light on this?

Ok, it is 1440 Bluebeard, in Liberty Square, WDW. Also, i read that Bluebeard died in 1440...... Related maybe?

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pooped Pirate View Post
    Ok, it is 1440 Bluebeard, in Liberty Square, WDW. Also, i read that Bluebeard died in 1440...... Related maybe?
    From Wikipedia:
    "Bluebeard" (French: La Barbe bleue) is a French literary folktale written by Charles Perrault and is one of eight tales by the author first published by Barbin in Paris in January 1697 in Histoires ou Contes du temps passť. The tale tells the story of a violent nobleman in the habit of murdering his wives and the attempts of one wife to avoid the fate of her predecessors. Gilles de Rais, a 15th-century aristocrat and prolific serial killer, has been suggested as the source for the character of Bluebeard as has Conomor the Accursed, an early Breton king. "The White Dove," "Mister Fox" and "Fitcher's Bird" are tales similar to "Bluebeard".
    So not related to the sea-captain story because Bluebeard was not a sailor or pirate, but a violent Breton nobleman.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Yeah, I seem to have missed that. Thanks.

• Mr. Ghost

Stephen Gammell is the artist behind the ink drawings in SSTTITD. The whole Scary Stories was a way (I Guess) to tell folklore and modern legend to a new audience. I only read the first two books and my niece has the 3rd. There was a story on one old HM website that had one version of the old attic bride dying after being locked in a trunk ( I think it was that site that has ghost stories of each ghost, the name escapes me). There was even supposed to be a trunk near the old "Beating Heart" in the pre refurb attic in WDW.

• We Go On.

On another message board, there's been discussion about a sign at WDW near Splash Mountain. It's a directional signpost, and the board that points to the Haunted Mansion reads "something here is crossed out Mansion" with a written "Haunted" above, obviously designed to look added on later. After close scrutiny, it was discovered that the crossed-out word read "Gastley." Some people did some more research and found a backstory for WDW's mansion that tells of a medical doctor named Everett Gastley who lived along the Hudson River. This makes sense because of all the medical books in the library. FanFic or legitament? Have any of you heard this story?

• Bats in the Belfry!

Any backstory other than "A retirement home for ghosts from all over the world" is completely unofficial, and the Gastley version is no different. It's definitely a newer creation, too, as the sign has only been in existence for 12-15 years. I haven't heard that particular story before, though.

-Adam-

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    On another message board, there's been discussion about a sign at WDW near Splash Mountain. It's a directional signpost, and the board that points to the Haunted Mansion reads "something here is crossed out Mansion" with a written "Haunted" above, obviously designed to look added on later. After close scrutiny, it was discovered that the crossed-out word read "Gastley." Some people did some more research and found a backstory for WDW's mansion that tells of a medical doctor named Everett Gastley who lived along the Hudson River. This makes sense because of all the medical books in the library. FanFic or legitament? Have any of you heard this story?
    Whoops, you're a little late to the party. Go back two pages and start reading HERE. There's been some hoaxing in the "explanations" of the sign, so watch your step.

It seems that people more familiar with Pokeman than I (which is about 99% of the population), are pretty skeptical about any allusion to the game, so I'll accept that denial as credible, pick up the shattered pieces of my life and move on.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Here! Have some superglue. I needed it for when I found a red suit and a white beard in my boyfriend's dresser a few days ago. My reaction was something like this:

I was wearing the same pajamas and everything. Sorry for the OT post, guys, it's 4:30AM and I've been sick which makes everything hilarious.
    dreams. come. true.

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    Here! Have some superglue. I needed it for when I found a red suit and a white beard in my boyfriend's dresser a few days ago. My reaction was something like this:

I was wearing the same pajamas and everything. Sorry for the OT post, guys, it's 4:30AM and I've been sick which makes everything hilarious.
    Count your blessings. When I'm hilarious it makes everyone sick.

• Larger Than (After)Life

So, according to Guillermo del Toro himself, two maquettes of yours ghoully have been presented to Disney for approval. I don't know if they're both the same but different poses or head and body, or two different interpretations of the character. But it's my guess that, if one of these is approved, that will be how ol' Hattie rematerializes inside The Haunted Mansion.

Let's hope that del Toro adheres to tradition.

I wonder what one of those maquettes would fetch on Ebay (or its equivalent) in 10 years. I wonder what one of them would go for now.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Whoops, you're a little late to the party. Go back two pages and start reading HERE. There's been some hoaxing in the "explanations" of the sign, so watch your step.

It seems that people more familiar with Pokeman than I (which is about 99% of the population), are pretty skeptical about any allusion to the game, so I'll accept that denial as credible, pick up the shattered pieces of my life and move on.
    Doh! I pulled one of my own pet peeves. Sorry 'bout that!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM