Page 13 of 602 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516233863113513 ... LastLast

• Who are you again?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I finally was able to listen to HBG2 recording, and wow, this is some great recordings

although, somewhere in the Corridoor of Doors, my first listen I heard a strange low growling sound, I listen to it again and it was gone.....as strange as that sounds
    if I remember correctly the sound came from around the area the Man Eating Wreath is for HMH (only been on HMH so that the best reference I can give you) and before the Grand-Demon clock, as I call it
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    I finally was able to listen to HBG2 recording, and wow, this is some great recordings

although, somewhere in the Corridoor of Doors, my first listen I heard a strange low growling sound, I listen to it again and it was gone.....as strange as that sounds
    if I remember correctly the sound came from around the area the Man Eating Wreath is for HMH (only been on HMH so that the best reference I can give you) and before the Grand-Demon clock, as I call it
    The growling is from the last door you see as you turn towards the clock. It's always been there. One of the few effects they've left alone over the years!

• Who are you again?

oh, thanks Grinning,
    by the way....is it just me or does this thread seem...a little....HatBox ghost-less?
    what happened to him, now that he's 'suspended'?

....great...now the Hatbox Ghost is a figment of our imaginations here as he is in the attic!
    ....I hope for not long...
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    oh, thanks Grinning,
    by the way....is it just me or does this thread seem...a little....HatBox ghost-less?
    what happened to him, now that he's 'suspended'?

....great...now the Hatbox Ghost is a figment of our imaginations here as he is in the attic!
    ....I hope for not long...
    Well, if you follow his posts about a video of an imagineer, you'll notice he had a very strong opinion that the moderators felt was more like a personal attack on the imagineer's character, rather than just an opinion. It seemed to get a bit out of hand, even though he didn't really mean it the way it seemed to come through, and he was suspended. I'm sure it was simply a misunderstanding, and hopefully, he'll be back soon!

• Death Certificate on hand

And now, for something completely different...

Happy Doctorate day to you,
    happy Doctorate day to you,
    happy Doctorate day dear HBG2,
    happy Doctorate day toooo yooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Thread.
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRose View Post
    And now, for something completely different...

Happy Doctorate day to you,
    happy Doctorate day to you,
    happy Doctorate day dear HBG2,
    happy Doctorate day toooo yooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Thread.
    Ooh - that last note was a little off-key...

Congrats HBG2!

• Yoiks!

The Doctor is In

sane!

Congrats!

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

Congratulations, HBG!

Sorry for the delay, but here's the audio mix that I made involving the pop up screams.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYVwpzSwzzY[/youtube]

• Inhospitable about happy

Thanks, guys. The diploma's in my hot little hand. Had a great time with friends and family yesterday evening, but I include my unseen friends when I give thanks for all the gracious vibes I've received.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    The growling is from the last door you see as you turn towards the clock. It's always been there. One of the few effects they've left alone over the years!
    You know, GG, I did a blow-by-blow of the Corridor of Doors back in T3, starting here, but it was all visual. I'm far less conversant in the audio layering than you and several others on these Threads. I'm sure I speak for many others as well as myself in wishing that one of you would do a blow-by-blow audio description (and history, where known) in a walk down the Corridor. We don't have that; or, as we PhD's like to put it, "Such a study remains a desideratum." (Uh oh, they've created a monster.)

Quote Originally Posted by TightropeGirlLover View Post
    Congratulations, HBG!

Sorry for the delay, but here's the audio mix that I made involving the pop up screams.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYVwpzSwzzY[/youtube]
    That's really quite nice. Having a lengthy demonstration like that gives a better feel for the whole. The screams really do make it a different song (a little). Musically, dynamically, they sort of wind 'er up and send 'er back for another verse, like an improvised piano crescendo or something. (Oh, and you might fix that "Sreaming" typo when you can get around to it.)
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    You know, GG, I did a blow-by-blow of the Corridor of Doors back in T3, starting here, but it was all visual. I'm far less conversant in the audio layering than you and several others on these Threads. I'm sure I speak for many others as well as myself in wishing that one of you would do a blow-by-blow audio description (and history, where known) in a walk down the Corridor. We don't have that; or, as we PhD's like to put it, "Such a study remains a desideratum." (Uh oh, they've created a monster.)
    How ironical!! I was literally just going to pose the very same question to the group. I've been trying since 2003 to figure out exactly which sound belongs where, although starting from the staircase all the way to the clock. I'm looking for the current DL sound layout, but having the history would be nice as well. So far, only the coffin occupant and the growling are the only two I have definitely confirmed. Anyone know the sound layout speaker-by-speaker in that area?

BTW, are you now a Doctor of Thinkology???

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    That's really quite nice. Having a lengthy demonstration like that gives a better feel for the whole. The screams really do make it a different song (a little). Musically, dynamically, they sort of wind 'er up and send 'er back for another verse, like an improvised piano crescendo or something. (Oh, and you might fix that "Sreaming" typo when you can get around to it.)
    Thanks, HBG! And I just noticed that typo as soon as I had it uploaded this morning. I corrected it but unfortunately youtube now is taking forever to upload the replacement so it might be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost
    How ironical!! I was literally just going to pose the very same question to the group. I've been trying since 2003 to figure out exactly which sound belongs where, although starting from the staircase all the way to the clock. I'm looking for the current DL sound layout, but having the history would be nice as well. So far, only the coffin occupant and the growling are the only two I have definitely confirmed. Anyone know the sound layout speaker-by-speaker in that area?
    I know I'm not HBG, but perhaps I can help. As you're going backwards down the corridor, the first door to your right with the clattering knocker is the one with Thurl's low moaning "Oooh! Let me out of here! Who turned out the lights? Where is everybody? Let me out!"

The second door (the one on your left) with the clattering doorknocker, is the one with the high-pitched yawning, chuckling, and semi-screaming moaning.

The third door (the one on your right) with the jiggling door handle is the one with the clattering doorknob sound and the guy's heaving breathing.

The fourth door (on the right) with the exit signs has the high and low pitched ghostly wailing.

The fifth door (on the right), near the GH portrait, that bulges in and out has the man's banging, insane laughing, and shouting "Let me out! Let me out of this place!"

The sixth and final door (on the left) is the second "breathing" door with the werewolf-like growls coming from it.

• Inhospitable about happy

Thanks, HBG! And I just noticed that typo as soon as I had it uploaded this morning. I corrected it but unfortunately youtube now is taking forever to upload the replacement so it might be a while.

I know I'm not HBG, but perhaps I can help. As you're going backwards down the corridor, the first door to your right with the clattering knocker is the one with Thurl's low moaning "Oooh! Let me out of here! Who turned out the lights? Where is everybody? Let me out!"

The second door (the one on your left) with the clattering doorknocker, is the one with the high-pitched yawning, chuckling, and semi-screaming moaning.

The third door (the one on your right) with the jiggling door handle is the one with the clattering doorknob sound and the guy's heaving breathing.

The fourth door (on the right) with the exit signs has the high and low pitched ghostly wailing.

The fifth door (on the right), near the GH portrait, that bulges in and out has the man's banging, insane laughing, and shouting "Let me out! Let me out of this place!"

The sixth and final door (on the left) is the second "breathing" door with the werewolf-like growls coming from it.
    Wunnerful! That's good stuff right there.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Who are you again?

wow, every time I read this thread or a past Long-Forgotten thread, it always amazes me how (more) amazing the Haunted Mansion is

now to find out what that book is in the Corridor, it could be a 'Tomb' of famous ghost stories....perhaps...

• I'm a Lutheran

Someone may have already shared this and or posted this in the past, but I found it to be really interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnL4ZE__g2M]YouTube - ??????????????????[/ame]

I definitely think my favorite part is the ghost in the graveyard singing "la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la." Does anyone else know what ghost I am talking about?

Speaking of which why can't we hear this ghost in the American mansions? I'm pretty sure it had to have been in there at one point, but I have yet to hear it.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been "fudging" it for years in my audio mixes, guessing where the sounds were all emanating from based mostly on live recordings, and educated guesses by others. Seemed no one in any groups I've belonged to over the years knew for sure.

Now all I need to figure out is The Endless Hall section. Is that just the series of individual shrieks, screams, wails and moans? And where is the Foyer organ coming from?

And just to double-check, the track of creaks is supposed to be the creaking staircase as you go up, correct?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM