Page 14 of 618 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964114514 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Someone may have already shared this and or posted this in the past, but I found it to be really interesting.

YouTube - ??????????????????

I definitely think my favorite part is the ghost in the graveyard singing "la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la." Does anyone else know what ghost I am talking about?

Speaking of which why can't we hear this ghost in the American mansions? I'm pretty sure it had to have been in there at one point, but I have yet to hear it.
    Wow, I wonder where they got the Japanese Ghost Host, the La-Da singer and the trowel sound from?

The La-Da singer (as opposed to the La-La singer heard on the record album - an alternate take) and the trowel were originally heard in the DL Mansion. They were both removed from DL sometime in the late 70s(?). The La-Da singer continued to be heard in the WDW Mansion until just recently when they replaced almost all the vocals there and it was dropped. The trowel sound was added at WDW at that time (so I've been told).

It is believed the La-Da singer's vocal came from the "Captain" just to the right of the hearse. (Dressed like the Gorton's Fisherman.)

BTW - the Opera singers, Headless Knight, Executioner, and Gus the Prisoner mix near the end came from my own audio ride-through mixes.

• Mr. Ghost

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I thought The creaking sound was supposed to be " hinges creak in doorless chambers". And one creak came from 20,000 Leagues, I don't know if its in the Mansion anymore. The creak was from the scene after the Nautilus sinks the warship at Rura Penthe, and it takes damage, and I guess it was supposed to be metal groaning. After hearing it in the movie I was " hey thats the creak before the endless hallway" I used to hear it on the audio on Visions Fantastic. And as for the growling, I believe it was the door that "broke" outwards with the green light and the claws in Florida before the refurb, and I still think its in Tokyo.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Got a great picture of our favorite portrait hallway. Once our stretchroom group was gone down the hall, I sat down with my back to the corner between the two stretching galleries, aimed my camera high from an extremely low height, and got a great shot without flash. I'll post the picture when I'm conscious due to sleep and not due to energy drinks..... Those of you who know me in person, yes, you are picturing how I did this correctly: completely without grace or femininity in terms of how I flopped to the ground. Those of you who have yet to know me in person...I'm so un-graceful. Be excited to laugh at me on June 25th. Also, any rambling here is still due to a real lack of rest and an abundance of jumbled thoughts. It's 2 AM. I've been up for 21 hours.
    dreams. come. true.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    Got a great picture of our favorite portrait hallway. Once our stretchroom group was gone down the hall, I sat down with my back to the corner between the two stretching galleries, aimed my camera high from an extremely low height, and got a great shot without flash. I'll post the picture when I'm conscious due to sleep and not due to energy drinks..... Those of you who know me in person, yes, you are picturing how I did this correctly: completely without grace or femininity in terms of how I flopped to the ground. Those of you who have yet to know me in person...I'm so un-graceful. Be excited to laugh at me on June 25th. Also, any rambling here is still due to a real lack of rest and an abundance of jumbled thoughts. It's 2 AM. I've been up for 21 hours.
    My favorite HM room. Unless you had your thumb on the lens, it'll no doubt end up in my big fat file of Portrait Hall pix.

P.S. A tenth of the way through Thread Seven already.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Inhospitable about happy

A couple of close looks at one of my favorite pieces of concept art: the Claude Coats Limbo Load area sketch.

No single piece of HM concept art illustrates better than this one the idea that you are stepping into another dimension, not just a "normal" house that happens to house a bunch of ghosts. What is "inside"? What is "outside"? Where the heck are we, Dad?

Some details in the painting are fun to look at close up. Ever notice the demon candle sconce before? It's not easy to see at first, but there are four candles on it, not two.

And how about that skeleton flippin' you the bird?

For that corner of the living room that you've never known what to do with:

Coats' experience with the Fantasyland dark rides would have stood him in good stead for creating this illusion. It's not really a far leap in your imagination to go from scenes in Peter Pan and Mr. Toad to this, is it?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Who are you again?

wow, never noticed those little details in the artwork before, very cool

except for the skeleton flippin' me the bird..........I'll get him later, this stupid floryde is killing my taste buds by the second
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

No single piece of HM concept art illustrates better than this one the idea that you are stepping into another dimension, not just a "normal" house that happens to house a bunch of ghosts. What is "inside"? What is "outside"? Where the heck are we, Dad?

You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into.....oh wait, what was I talking about? Wrong attraction, sorry...

But seriously, those details are very nice..the demon candle sconce would look right at home in the Museum of The Weird, and I can just imagine that blacklit graveyard and tombstones in the load area now.....alas.

Once photobucket decides to cooperate, I have some nice finds from flickr to share, so we shall see those a little farther on on time. Also, CMF, if reading this...very much looking forward to your portrait hall photo!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by TightropeGirlLover View Post
    Congratulations, HBG!

Sorry for the delay, but here's the audio mix that I made involving the pop up screams.
    Very good work indeed, and the pop up shrieks do add a certain something to it, nice little musical punctuations there. Nice work TGL!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    And how about that skeleton flippin' you the bird?

A skeleton giving the finger. hmm' where have I seen that before?
    http://davelandweb.com/potc/popup.ht...teTreasure.jpg

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    A skeleton giving the finger. hmm' where have I seen that before?
    DAVELAND
    LOL, I think this one illustrates the point:

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into.....oh wait, what was I talking about? Wrong attraction, sorry...
    Waitwahuh? The remaining BHP in me just geeked out a little XD...and without too much more buildup, my photo. I've been really busy and I haven't had the time or energy to put it up til now. I wish I had framed it better, but considering I was just trying to do it before the next stretching room unloaded, it's not awful. Plus I got the nice lighting in--thank you Nikon D40!
    dreams. come. true.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Excellent photo, indeed! I quite like the captured lightning flashes in the windows, good stuff.

Photobucket decided to work, so here come the flickr finds, and apologies...I feel one or two may have been posted before, but wasn't 100 percent sure.

A Florida "pop-up", by Flickr: Express Monorail's Photostream

The Florida attic "middle" bride, with Tom Sawyer statue and "Harry Potter" tapestry clearly visible, by Flickr: Orlandofloridasucks.com's Photostream

Another nice Disneyland Mansion nighttime shot, in "normal mode", by Flickr: Matt Pasant's Photostream

And in fancy, 40th Anniversary promo mode, by Flickr: Mastery of Maps' Photostream

A few more to go, shall post those later on...

• I'm a Lutheran

Just thought I'd share this, found an incredible video of Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare at Tokyo Disneyland. Thank you very much to whoever made this video, it was very nice!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXibIl3TfX0]YouTube - ??????????? ??????????? 2009[/ame]

And yes I know not everyone here likes HMH, but I still thought it'd be nice to share it.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post

Hang on a minute what is that painting sitting on the floor?

What's behind those Instruments? Could it be?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

One other note about that Bride photo...notice on the piece of furniture, below the tapestry......I'd rather think that is a hatbox.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM