Page 154 of 633 FirstFirst ... 54104129144151152153154155156157164179204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 9485

• Forever dancing

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Who knows really what the imagineers had in mind. Maybe it is just a retirement home and this happens all the time in a cycle that is never broken and there is a new caretaker on the job who has never seen this before? Too much to think about for me...I find it more appealing to think that they do inhabit the house all the time but this "getting stuck and materializing" business is a one time deal that we are the poor caretaker are lucky enough to see.

Also if this happens all the time why would the hitchhikers always need to fill the quota? Wouldn't you think by now someone would have joined them? And the mansion would have run out of hitchhikers by now because one goes home with every person and they will haunt you until you return. Well some people never return?
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together." ~ Walt Disney

• Forever dancing

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I can very much respect and appriciate your point of view on the mansion RandySavage but I shall agree to disagree I believe in FOTE (nice acronym)
    Also Dan I really dislike the addition of the children no matter how bratty or snotty they were. It's reality and if that's what WDI wanted then so be it. It just seems wrong to me.

Probably I will only go through that crypt once for the original 3 tombstones and some pictures but then it's back to the fast and normal queue Hopefully the noise can't be heard from the original queue.
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together." ~ Walt Disney

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    So you acknowledge that the quote indicates the designers' intent that she has materialized ghosts before?
    I'm saying I agree with you that it's fair game to use those lines in this kind of discussion. How the GH knows Leota has a knack for this kind of thing is vague. She has a reputation for it, or he's seen similar problems solved by her before. So perhaps she can handle the current crisis as well. That's how it sounds to me. Seems to me the "perhaps" is harder to account for under the assumption of "routine event" than "she has a remarkable head" etc. is under the assumption of FOTE.

And cheers backatcha.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing Ghost View Post
    Also if this happens all the time why would the hitchhikers always need to fill the quota? Wouldn't you think by now someone would have joined them? And the mansion would have run out of hitchhikers by now because one goes home with every person and they will haunt you until you return. Well some people never return?

They're waiting for a guest to actually die on the ride!

Who knows really what the imagineers had in mind. Maybe it is just a retirement home and this happens all the time in a cycle that is never broken and there is a new caretaker on the job who has never seen this before? Too much to think about for me...I find it more appealing to think that they do inhabit the house all the time but this "getting stuck and materializing" business is a one time deal that we are the poor caretaker are lucky enough to see.

Those are good points indeed.

It's Occam's Razor, baby, Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation that accounts for all the facts is to be preferred.

• Forever dancing

Yes, simple is always good

Hmm dying on the ride? I don't think so. They actually follow you home and this is stated loud and clear by the Ghost Host. It's blackmail! Come join us or these crazy ghosts will forever haunt you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    They're waiting for a guest to actually die on the ride!
    Umm...not quite. "They have selected you to fill our quota, and they'll haunt you until you return....and a ghost will follow you home." I.e., they've definitely chosen you, even though they don't expect you to croak just yet, since they anticipate you'll at least make it home. And they only need one more ("there's room for a thousand"), so you're THE one, you lucky dog.

• Forever dancing

Really random and unrelated to anything but do you happen to have a picture of the spider on the glass of the ballroom? I've never seen it and I'm curious :P

Ok carry on...

Yeah I agree that they are definatley following people home but how do they get back? Hitch another ride?

I've never seen a photo of it either.

• Forever dancing

Oh...well That's strange. Is it really difficult to photograph because of the size/angle?

• Minion

I just figure the Hitchhikers are a cypher for the unseen spirits that leave the house for new pastures, while new spirits are always coming into the Mansion keeping things in an equilibrium.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Forever dancing

Really quick I will mention again that I'm going to WDW tommorow so if anyone wants me check on something say it now for forever (or until I go next) hold you peace! I will have a HM report anyway

That's an intersting idea Figment. I kinda think of them like they really want to find this 1000th ghost but once they start following someone around they realize it's not fun anymore and the person is far from dead. So they quickly travel back to the manse to do it again because well, they can. Plus they have a short attention span. They are hitchhiking afterall so they probably didn't achieve much in their life or afterlife.
    Last edited by Waltzing Ghost; 03-17-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Really quick I will mention again that I'm going to WDW tommorow so if anyone wants me check on something say it now for forever (or until I go next) hold you peace! I will have a HM report anyway
    I do wonder what's on the fourth side of the Composer's Crypt (no one's taken a photo of it yet). In the videos from the riverboat prior to soft openings it appears to have a gate like the book side of the Poetess' Mausoleum, but I'm curious as to whether there's anything to see in/on there or not.

Otherwise, Enjoy your trip!
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Forever dancing

Alrighty! Hopefully it'll be open I will take a full picture of everything!

Thanks

I think the spiderweb will be very difficult to photograph. It's close, hard to focus on, and not well lit.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM