Page 156 of 559 FirstFirst ... 56106146153154155156157158159166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 8383

• hatbox ghost believer

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Here's the html code as well, hope it shows up properly...

Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

That's the River Belle Terrace, which is still there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    I thought that this would be the best place to mention this. DISNEY HISTORY INSTITUTE blog ha s a post from 1963 Dixieland in Disneyland. In the last photo there is a building that looks like the Haunted Mansion, but only in similarity with mansion's columns and pediment. Can anybody identify it?

MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the new Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, check your private messages, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    OK, now you HAVE to give them credit for that. That's a pretty cool secret.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Forever dancing

Thanks for the picture of the spider

Ok so now that I'm back I have to say...the new queue isn't that bad! The noise wasn't loud and crazy and you can't hear it from the regular queue which still has it's family graveyard blocked off. So once you enter you see the busts and I didn't really pay attention to them because they had nothing to say and looked a little goofy. You keep walking and you see Marc and X's tombstones. Then is the composer's crypt which is kinda slow in responding but I think they are still working on things because all the sounds were turned off around 5:00 (florida time). Then you get the the other side and hear ruined decomposed music. Then it's the captains crypt which looks really nice in person but it's still tacky! The sneeze went off every 5 mins I want to say and just misted people. The fish on the sides were awesome though. Then there's a gate with some familiar tombstones behind it and Harriet's. I have a nice closeup of the viking helmet. Then you get to prudence's area and the door doesn't open but her talking cannot be heard until your right up on her which is good. Master Gracey's stone is in the middle of it all. Then you see this staircase for CM's and the new crypts which are very nice. Then you head to the back of the captain's tomb which wasn't working and that's it. Not so bad but not so great either. All in all I'm pleased! Plus it really helps the lines move faster!

Next post will have a Mansion report along with pics!
    Last edited by Waltzing Ghost; 03-18-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together." ~ Walt Disney

• Forever dancing

Ok so Mansion report.

Walking up to the Mansion you can still hear the same ominous music. When you get up to the line serperation there is a CM standing there and they say things like "The left is more fun but the right is shorter" It was pretty even and both lines went very fast. Once we got into the Mansion we got to see Master Gracey's full transformation so I was very happy. We got to see both stretching rooms the the GH could be seen very clearly through the scrim in both. Guests weren't rude either and no one screamed or yelled either time we went! The CM in the room scared the crap out of my mom so that was funny and he just glared at her. It made my day. Anyway getting on, the ride was super dark which was amazing! All the rooms were great but when coming to the ballroom I was a bit dissapointed because the music couldn't be heard until you were super close to the end which wasn't cool. Plus it looks like an imagineer droped a cloth near the ballroom dancers because there was a ghost cloth floating around and it was strange. Constance was a fine as she could be. Coming down from the attic the raven was gone which suprised me and the caretaker was very dim to where you could barely see his face or the fact that he had a dog next to him. Also is Candy Candido's voice still in WDW because I had some trouble hearing his voice. Then the hitchhiking ghosts were still animated and looked even worse and blurry in person plus someone threw gum on the screen :/ All in all the mansion was in great shape but some things could be fixed a bit. I was very happy today!

Pictures now!

This little weather-vane is above the loading area for the Liberty Square boat. Does is look familiar to anyone?

Some people playing with the organ. You can see X's tombstone to the left.

This picture kind of shows the area with Master Gracey in the middle. The Captain to the right, the library in the back. The graveyard gate and there are actually two shovels to the left behind the gate but I didn't get any pics of them.

Face above Prudence Pock.

Here are the stairs to the left of the new crypts with Rolly, Paul, Blaine, and Ken.

Face with the library books.

Little gate designs for the new area.

The blocked off family graveyard but all our favorites are still there.

Captin's fish.

Little viking hat on Harriet's stone.

This is the back of the composer's crypt. Nothing special but someone wanted to know (:

Neat angle of the ship weathervane.

Here's an idea of where the ship is. The HM is farther right.

Also something that has always annoyed me. Why is this greyish area here to the right? It's very easy to see and ruins the effect of the Mansion. It's right above where the exit is but I find it so weird and doesn't make sense or match anything. Take a look.

Disembodied spirit in the conservatory!

Well thats it (: I hope you enjoy it because I had so much fun today!
    Last edited by Waltzing Ghost; 03-18-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spellng errors and more pics.
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together." ~ Walt Disney

• Minion

Thanks for checking that door for me, WG. I really appreciate it!

• Forever dancing

Of course (: I probably looked like an idiot tugging on it but it wouldn't budge It looked like it should have though.

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Is the big vase that was in front of the Mansion that was used for testing the Next-Gen queue still there?
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Inhospitable about happy

Yep, I hate this too:

There isn't any "zany" sculpture like this in the HM. Think of the singing busts and the follow-you busts (of which there are many more at WDW). There's nothing like this. This is a radical stylistic departure. Who would actually commission a bust like this of a relative? No one, and that includes the world of the HM.

But wait a sec, is that really true? I haven't the slightest doubt that Carsillo would justify this new sculpture as Mansionesque by pointing to this thing right here:

They do indeed match. Perfectly, in fact. The problem is, "George" is not "real" within the HM world: he's part of a painting as that painting has been distorted by the spirits. Davis did the stretching portraits as jokes, and they are not intended to be taken literally. Diplomats do not stand around in their underwear on TNT kegs, and businessmen do not go out into the swamp and form human totem poles, not even in the HM world. The paintings are at most allegories. Constance did not commission a grave marker for George advertising that he was murdered, and then perch on the gravestone, essentially broadcasting, "I did it."

The spirits demonstrate an ability to warp and alter the very fabric of the building they possess (stretching rooms, bulging doors), and they seem especially apt to play games with artworks (the singing and the follow-you busts, the stretching and the changing portraits). Deliberately left up in the air is whether or not the changes are really "out there" or in your head (visual tricks, induced hallucinations). Thus, the unstretched widow portrait is perfectly real. The stretched version, with that unrealistic bottom part, is a product of ghostly manipulation, either actual or by deception.

That's one reason why you shouldn't take the totally wacky bottom half of the stretching portraits literally. That's trickery of some sort, and the stuff depicted there is just as unlikely in the HM world as in ours. If you still don't believe it, look at the poles supporting the tightwire: one set is planted in a set of hills far off in the background, across the water, which is simply impossible.

To me, having an outdoor sculpture in the manner of these elongated paintings suggests that the ghosts who are playing around in the stretch room in order to disorient you, after you have entered the HM and cannot get out, have done the same kind of trick outside, in broad daylight, with a permanent sculpture, and left it that way. And so "Is it your imagination?" becomes a pretty meaningless question, doesn't it?

Carsillo has no feel whatsoever for the HM world or the pacing of the show. I absolutely hate what he has done, including this bust. I'd literally like to smash it to bits with a sledgehammer.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Forever dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Guy View Post
    Is the big vase that was in front of the Mansion that was used for testing the Next-Gen queue still there?
    The one that had the pearls? No that's gone.

• Forever dancing

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Carsillo has no feel whatsoever for the HM world or the pacing of the show. I absolutely hate what he has done, including this bust. I'd literally like to smash it to bits with a sledgehammer.
    I agree. In person they look like they're made of plastic but also their faces are just laughable which is why I skipped them. And you know I never realized that little detail about the Tightrope girl. That's very interesting!

And I still dislike the new queue in terms of theming and placement for the Mansion but in all honesty it wasn't bad in terms of sound and art. I rather liked some choices (:

• Inhospitable about happy

Lest you think I automatically hate all new stuff, besides the very well done tribute graves to Frees, Rolly, Ken, and Blaine, I like very much some of the additions to the general graveyard, the shovels and the new, anonymous grave markers (obelisks, griffon statue, etc.). Those are great.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Forever dancing

Oh I never thought you hated it all. There are most definatley more than a few good additions but others not so much.

Griffon statue? Im not sure what you mean. I didn't see anything like that. Oh and I also didn't see any cat foot prints in the pavement but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

I'm gonna head to bed now, I'm super tired. See you foolish mortals tommorow (:
    Last edited by Waltzing Ghost; 03-18-2011 at 05:34 PM.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Griffin statue:

It's a little odd, but doesn't bother me.

What has been bothering me today, though, is that Prudence Pock gets a large tomb while her "Husband", Phineas, only gets his name on a tombstone. He could have at least gotten an epitaph. Maybe...

"The Hunting Ground of
    Phineas Pock
    Took a Shot
    But missed the Duck"

No, it's not good (terrible even), but it's something,
    Last edited by MasterGracey13; 03-18-2011 at 06:51 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM