Page 192 of 653 FirstFirst ... 92142167182189190191192193194195202217242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 9790

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

DoomBuggies > Explore the history and marvel at the mystery of Disney's Haunted Mansion attractions!
    There's a photo here that I haven't seen before, near the bottom of the page. It shows miniature maquettes of the dining table ghosts. A few interesting things about it:
    *Caesar in a different position at the table
    *A little blobby ghost sitting next to him
    *What look to be two hairy ghosts, like in the HM LP book
    *A full-sized drunk ghost laying down (instead of just a pair of legs)

• Forever dancing

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    It gives "dumpster diving" a whole, new meaning.

Bottoms down!

Ahaha that just made my day!! So sad it's true

And Maneatingwreath (MEW), I can't wait to see what you have planned for you Ghost Book (:

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    NEW TRIVIA:
    Harriet Burns was originally going to be the face of the medium in the crystal ball.

Haunted Mansion: Madame Harriet? : Imagineer Harriet Blog
    The site has pics from the photoshoot.

I wonder if at this point, the character was still called Madame Z (or didn't have a name).
    Hmm I think it would be interesting, she seems like she would make a more sweet and tame version. I wonder if Eleanor Audley would still do the voice?

And that maquette you refer to is pretty strange. I've never seen it before either.
    Last edited by Waltzing Ghost; 04-17-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together." ~ Walt Disney

• I'm a Lutheran

A Marvel roller coaster park? Okay...I'm not going to even think about it. Can't stand superheroes. Can't stand comic books (I'm okay with the HM comic books). Can't stand roller coasters. It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not going to be thinking about it anytime soon.

You guys can call me "MEW" by the way. It saves your fingers a lot of typing, lol.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Minion

Well that's just plain medium ignorance... There's definitely good super stuff out there and there's plenty more comics besides the capes.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Inhospitable about happy

DoomBuggies > Explore the history and marvel at the mystery of Disney's Haunted Mansion attractions!
    There's a photo here that I haven't seen before, near the bottom of the page. It shows miniature maquettes of the dining table ghosts. A few interesting things about it:
    Yeah, actually, that picture has been there a long time. But you're right, it's worth looking at more closely. One thing it proves is that the birthday gal was added before the Davis-style concept for the look of the figures had yielded to the Gibson-style look you see in the final figures.

I think Blaine Gibson's makeover of many of Davis's original characters was doubly motivated, btw. First, they look better. Less cartoony. Remember, Davis wanted sheet ghosts and little blobs. Second, it saved a lot of time and money. They figured out that you really can't see the figures that clearly in the ballroom (ghosts, you know), and so they may as well recycle POTC heads.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm definitely grateful for Gibson's characters. If most of the ghosts were blobs and sheets then the ride would definitely be missing something. Seeing actual human-like apparations (Spelling?) is much more unsettling. Who likes seeing dead people? I only like seeing them if they're animatronic ghosts.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    A Marvel roller coaster park? Okay...I'm not going to even think about it. Can't stand superheroes. Can't stand comic books (I'm okay with the HM comic books). Can't stand roller coasters. It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not going to be thinking about it anytime soon.
    I don't mind Superheroes, I enjoy comic books, and I love rollercoasters but "Marvel-land" (just a name I made up) sounds more like it is going to be a high-budget six flags. Anyway, this is .

Harriet as Madame leota (Madame Harriet actually) would have been interesting to see, but I think they hit the nail on the head with Leota Toombs.

• I'm a Lutheran

Off-topic: Where is the superhero park being built? Please don't say DLR.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Off-topic: Where is the superhero park being built? Please don't say DLR.
    No, WDW.
    But it is in the distant future. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

• I'm a Lutheran

Oh, okay. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. Maybe I'll go out for Disney CEO.

And if that CEO-thing does happen certain things will be changing in the mansion's queue.

Just kidding, I want to be a drama teacher.

I personally don't care for superheroes or comics either, but I do love rollercoasters, so I'll probably pay a visit to said park. I love Harriet, but I see her more as a "Prudence the poet"-type (no disrespect meant) I cannot imagine anyone else besides Leota toombs as Madame Leota.

Interesting how Leota already had that fortune teller-sounding name. Madame Harriet just doesn't have the same ring to it, for that type of character.

I find it interesting too the thing about that maquette photo is the ghosts are sitting on both sides of the table if the table was there no miniature table or cake. And that that same little blobby ghost is sitting next to caesar in the davis concept sketch and as for the hairy ghosts it looks like the one holding the glass and toasting from the LP made it to the table just a lot less hairy i.e he has a beard. The other hairy one is now the king but i have no clue about the fullbody ghost.

• Larger Than (After)Life

NEW TRIVIA:
    Harriet Burns was originally going to be the face of the medium in the crystal ball.

Haunted Mansion: Madame Harriet? : Imagineer Harriet Blog
    The site has pics from the photoshoot.

I wonder if at this point, the character was still called Madame Z (or didn't have a name).
    Is it positive that this photo sitting is for The Haunted Mansion's medium rare? One would think that WED would do her up more, it that's the case. To me, it looks more like she's modeling for the head of one of the Carousel of Progress or Flight/Mission AA figures.

• Inhospitable about happy

It may be a shot before they put on her makeup.

Here's an old HM shot I recently came across. I'd date it to the early 70's, certainly before 1973. Notice the brown phase of the front plaques

Last edited by HBG2; 04-18-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM