Page 20 of 599 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223304570120520 ... LastLast

• is too darn hot.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Is she going to be the new WDW internal projection when she's floating full time?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Except that this time everyone will know what's under there. They should do the actual installation as quickly as possible. No need for weeks of purple sheets, charismatic as they may be.
    Are you sure about that? We may jump to that really fast, but who knows what others think.

But I'm going by who I know (who are not very Disney History buffs but do kinda keep track of what is going on. Kinda, sorta... okay I tell them.)
    Last edited by AlexLoup; 05-26-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Is she going to be the new WDW internal projection when she's floating full time?
    Yes... but just the ball, no table.

• Mr. Ghost

I've had two realisations while viewing the photo HBG2 put up of the load, didn't there used to be drapes just above the stairs that go up from the load. I can recall a pic from HMH where deep red or burgundy drapes were hanging above those stairs.
    A second but crazy idea from HBG2's blog about the attic bride. It concerns the "pre opening narrow eyes" bride. Was it possible that was a costume for a CM like the hallway knight? Like if the bride figure did'nt work, or for some other reason they could have a live action bride. My repeated viewings of that figure seems to me that could be a person. The dress looks bulky to me, and it wouldbe easy enough to light up a mask. Now I don't know about then, but nowadays it's simple.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Yes... but just the ball, no table.
    What do you mean by "no table"?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    That's now part of the ride control system that keeps everyone, Cast and Guests, much safer. As part of a safety drive to bring "Operator Managed Motion" (OMM) to all attractions, even Ominmovers, a light that had the ability to flash and send signals to the operators on the load belt was needed. I won't go into the specifics of the light, but it helps communicate status levels to allow multiple CM's throughout the attraction at one time to place the Ominmover in motion. (And it's much safer than the basic 1969 system it replaced)

The light for the OMM system needed to be straight ahead from where the load CM's usually look (at oncoming Guests), and it needed to be noticeable to the CM's when it was flashing. You could have just put a red lightbulb on that column, and many lesser theme parks would have done that. But instead, WDI came in and designed this glass urn that has the lightbulb hidden inside, and the urn fixture subtly but noticeably glows when the light is turned on. When the signal is needed by the Load CM's, it is there and it is very noticeable to them. It's been there for over a year.
    That's really pretty awesome, great tech info Westsider! Thank you for sharing, quite interesting stuff.

With regards to Mr. Baxter's continuing dedication to our vanished friend....well, that's only good news, and one can hope he secures the funding at some point and very quietly initiates work. I agree, it should be the figure just "materializes" one day out of the blue, no big press releases or such. One can only hope....

Hey, I don't know if you saw this, but this is a picture of what lies beneath the Madame Leota seance circle at the Haunted Mansion in WDW.

Check it out here.

ABANDONED DISNEY BLOG

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I was looking through my Flickr stream yesterday, and since we have been discussing the pop-ups and the effectiveness of blurry pictures around here in the recent past, thought I'd share this guy from the Florida Mansion:

I also like how this one turned out (another case of blurriness helping):

If you're interested, the tiny number of pictures I was able to actually get inside the WDW mansion can be found in this set:
    Magic Kingdom
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemovertiki View Post
    Hey, I don't know if you saw this, but this is a picture of what lies beneath the Madame Leota seance circle at the Haunted Mansion in WDW.

Check it out here.

ABANDONED DISNEY BLOG
    Oh my, oh my, oh deer!
    The buck really did stop here.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Oh my, oh my, oh deer!
    The buck really did stop here.
    Ah, I love a good pun.

Although, I sure as heck thought that it was interesting. I had no idea that they stored old animatronics down there. Apparently there was a spare Wendy from Peter Pan's Flight there as well as an alligator amongst other things...

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemovertiki View Post

Check it out here.

ABANDONED DISNEY BLOG
    ok, I looked at that and the first thing I saw with Max the Deer's head on the ground and broke. It reminded me of concept drawings for Epic Mickey, where Donald and Goofy are half animatronic versions with robot parts combined with normal looking coverings

Long Story Short: Freaked me out.....
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Minion

I just wish someone would pick the poor thing up off the floor and at least put him up on a shelf somewhere.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

The other articles in the "Abandoned Disney" series are profoundly creepy, especially the one with the video of the skyway queue building. I'm always fascinated by things that were simply abandoned like that, especially if they're in the midst of things that are still functioning or otherwise in use. The pictures of River Country as it appears today makes me feel uncomfortable yet fascinated at the same time. I love looking at pictures of places like Bikini Atoll and Chernobyl because it's like a time capsule....There was a day when someone thought, well, I might come back here. It'll be okay. This isn't the end. Then decades go by and no one who saw the end of the place has gone back, nothing was retrieved, nothing was cleaned up, and anyone who visits the place now just sees debris and remnants. The River Country pictures made me really sad because people made memories there, and those memories linger like ghosts. Maybe I'm just feeling a bit existential right now, but when I go to places like that--abandoned camps, centuries-old buildings that were kept up to look like how they did when they were built--I can feel that someone lived there, loved, cried, made memories. People worked and lived at these places--even places like River Country--and all that remains are scraps, things we can see and feel and almost remember, like a dream upon waking.

Sorry, I got a little poetic there, but it just struck a chord with me.

EDIT: There are many more pictures of the abandoned water park I speak of here. Be prepared, it's really spooky.
    dreams. come. true.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Update from the Mansion.....

Leota is currently airborne, indeed (was all day today), and definitely a different sculpt than the stationary ball. Her hair is different, and has some sort of very cool "moving"/vague shimmering effect, looks it is shifting around. Also, to me, it looks like she has a bit more of a "neck" or substance below the head, making her look slightly more overtly like a severed head, not just a ghostly apparition.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Update from the Mansion.....

Leota is currently airborne, indeed (was all day today), and definitely a different sculpt than the stationary ball. Her hair is different, and has some sort of very cool "moving"/vague shimmering effect, looks it is shifting around. Also, to me, it looks like she has a bit more of a "neck" or substance below the head, making her look slightly more overtly like a severed head, not just a ghostly apparition.
    Does this mean the bride tried to marry some one other than her husbands?

Timekeeper

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM