Page 201 of 559 FirstFirst ... 101151191198199200201202203204211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 8372

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

A piece of the Disneyland Haunted Mansion up for sale (about midway down the page):

Upcoming Profiles in History auction is a Disney collector’s dream, with theme park artwork, posters, vehicles, Imagineering models and more | Inside the Magic

Of course it comes at a time when I only have $3.03 left in the bank.

• Forever dancing

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Aw wow that is pretty amazing! Where would such a thing even go? It's a nice little piece of history for any HM fan!

On another note...look how far this thread has gone! Over 3,000 posts. Whew!
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together." ~ Walt Disney

• Larger Than (After)Life

Disneyland really needs to do something about all the graffiti.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-con...on-438x600.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYBIX38 View Post
    "Disneytwins: He does have hair."
    Look closely, the CGI mirror version has hair only on the sides, not on TOP. The AA has hair on TOP.
    The AA has hair on top (a comb-over, to boot) AND a facelift!!!

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Watching the blog video again and they definitely aren't the same as the temporary models.
    Damn close, if you ask me.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• I'm a Lutheran

I didn't even know the cupola had doors! I always thought they were just really big windows, lol.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

And now, for a little interlude:

NEENER-NEENER!!!

Okay, as you were.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Damn close, if you ask me.

Dead ringers!

And they both look unconvincing compared to the physical figure.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    And they both look unconvincing compared to the physical figure.
    They look very digital, rough and disproportionate.

• Inhospitable about happy

A comment I made over at DB.com with regard to the deceptive dazzle of new tech: Just compare the original Fantasia with Fantasia 2000. The framework material of the original is somewhat dated, but for the most part the animated segments are not. Most of them look as fresh today as they did in 1940. But now, take a look at your copy of F2K, if you haven't done so lately. That cutting edge, dazzling computer animation from 2000 looks painfully dated today.

Draw your own conclusions.
    Last edited by HBG2; 04-28-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

SIDETRACK:
    Anyone else ever consider that the Gracey of Master Gracey could be a first name?

You'd think that if Gracey was a surname, it would be on other tombstones in the family plot.

There are a few definite surnames in the mansion, but Gracey isn't one of them.
    The most common that we know of are Dread and Pock.

WDW of course has that sign in Frontierland for Gastley Mansion.

I don't want to start any silly fanfic rumors, but...
    Gracey Gastley, perhaps? Gracey West (same epitaph, remember)?
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 04-29-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Honestly, I'd get a kick out of that - if WDI made it known that Gracey is a first name and not a last name.

It would, in one move, wipe out all the "Gracey family" or "Gracey Manor" residuals from the fan fiction, Eddie Murphy movie, etc.

Good night, "Gracey."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    A comment I made over at DB.com with regard to the deceptive dazzle of new tech: Just compare the original Fantasia with Fantasia 2000. The framework material of the original is somewhat dated, but for the most part the animated segments are not. Most of them look as fresh today as they did in 1940. But now, take a look at your copy of F2K, if you haven't done so lately. That cutting edge, dazzling computer animation from 2000 looks painfully dated today.

Draw your own conclusions.
    I was never "dazzled" by Fantasia 2000, as most just doesn't have that hand-drawn look and charm of the original. The segment that seemed closest to the old-school Disney style was the pink flamingo with the yo yo. The Noah's Ark/Donald Duck segment was also close to the old style, but so boring in content. In fact, most of that film was forgettable. I can only wonder how Fantasia 2000 might have been done in 1940.

The original Fantasia has some very dated-looking segments, and contains quite a bit of the Art Deco/Streamline look of the 1930s and 1940s. However, the content was so much better and so much more engaging that it's easy to forget that it was released in 1940. Not unlike how the background music in the Graveyard is very dated, yet it still works today. Quirky, charming, and interesting.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM