Page 203 of 616 FirstFirst ... 103153178193200201202203204205206213228253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 9233

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    After all, Gracey was originally the master on the 2007 refurb sign before it was fixed.
    No, Gracey was originally the Ghost Host before the sign was fixed. They erased "Ghost Host" and left Master Gracey.

And to my knowledge , the sign always read "Gastley".
    Last edited by MasterGracey13; 04-30-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

They erased "Ghost Host" and left Master Gracey.
    It was the other way around. They erased "Master Gracey" and left "Your Ghost Host."

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Oops, my mistake (and I even took a picture of it )!

Continue your regularly scheduled conversation...

Happy Walpurgis Night, everyone!

"Walpurgis Night was when, according to the belief of millions of people, the devil was abroad – when the graves were opened and the dead came forth and walked. When all evil things of earth and air and water held revel." - (Dracula's Guest, Bram Stoker)

Here's the Night on Bald Mountain sequence from Fantasia:
    YouTube - Fantasia - Night on Bald Mountain
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 04-30-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: kindly ignore the "attached thumbnail"

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Sounds very plausible. I can accept that theory. As for the GH's remains (if the hanging corpse is indeed a historical mirage), he could be buried anywhere, since we don't know his name. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Phineas Pock. Not only is there reportedly a blueprint of an unused gravestone declaring him the lord and master of the place, but among the original eight stones in the original family plot, this stone alone was not a tribute of any kind. Of course, nothing says the GH was the master of the house, but it's a plausible hypothesis.
    Of course I should add that one of the singing busts is Phineas Pock, and he doesn't look much like the Hatchet Man. With tongue only slightly in cheek, we've combed through the evidence and come up with a Phineas P. Pock, a Phineas J. Pock, and a plain old Phineas Pock, who could be either of the previous two or yet a third Pock. I'm starting to regret suggesting it as possibly the GH's identity. A pox on all Pocks, let's spare ourselves the aggravation and find another grave to plop the GH into.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

It would be nice if we had proof of that Phineas Pock tombstone blueprint.

Other Ghost Host suspects:
    Bartholomew Gore
    He now has a tombstone at WDW. He hanged himself in some versions of Ken Anderson's concepts. I don't think the Ghost Host was a pirate though.
    Beauregard
    The butler/tour guide of Ken Anderson's haunted house. He also now has a WDW tombstone.
    Mr. Meaker
    We first heard of this guy in D23 Magazine. He hanged himself after accidentally killing his pet cat with his bed canopy death machine. He previously murdered five spouses for wealth, just like Constance.
    Someone we've never heard of
    Could even be some guy with the Gastley surname.

Jason Surrell shoots down the idea of Ghost Host as master of the house in the second edition of his book.

The Cast Member butler outfits do have some similarities with the Hatchet Man's clothing.
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 04-30-2011 at 11:05 PM.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

I remember there were sounds and sights at the Haunted Mansion. The attraction is missing some, like the Corridor of Doors and the Attic scene.

Those screams and creepy moaning are gone. I remember hearing them when I rode HM when I was little. Now they are gone, it's kind of sad to see them go.

Disney should restore the sounds to make the Corridor of Doors as what it was when it opened, it was more creepy.

They oughta give the graveyard pop-up ghosts sound effects. Seems like it would be such an easy thing to do, and it would help cover the hissing air noise.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    I cannot find any proof as far as pictures, either, but I give my word (for what it's worth), from having worked in Ad-Lib attractions from 2002-2006, including many parade audience control shifts that required us to congregate around that sign at the end of each parade, it did say "Gracey" and not "Ghastley." I think the burden is higher to figure out who "Ghastley" is than to make a logical argument against Gracey being the master. Whoever was responsible for creating that sign perhaps did not have the blessing from the mansion deity who determines the master of the mansion. After all, Gracey was originally the master on the 2007 refurb sign before it was fixed.
    I swear I keep remembering a sign that read "Gracey" as well. However, when I went looking for a photo of it, all I can dig up is the "Ghastley" sign, which thoroughly confused me. Nice to hear I'm not the only one that remembers it.

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    I remember there were sounds and sights at the Haunted Mansion. The attraction is missing some, like the Corridor of Doors and the Attic scene.

Those screams and creepy moaning are gone. I remember hearing them when I rode HM when I was little. Now they are gone, it's kind of sad to see them go.

Disney should restore the sounds to make the Corridor of Doors as what it was when it opened, it was more creepy.
    Yeah, I've noticed the recorded sound effects for the doors have disappeared. All I can hear now are the live action door knockers and knobs and just a few of the ambient COD moans and screams (not associated with any particular door). Anyone know when or why these sounds disappeared?

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    They oughta give the graveyard pop-up ghosts sound effects. Seems like it would be such an easy thing to do, and it would help cover the hissing air noise.
    The Graveyard pop-ups originally did have individual screams associated with each one. They would all pop up together at the end of each verse of GGG with a scream. One of the screams was a repeat of the Stretch Room scream, while others that were used can be heard on the Story and Song Lp.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 05-01-2011 at 06:43 AM.

• I'm a Lutheran

You can hear the growling ghost sound effect during HMH. I think it might be coming from the wreath though (It doesn't sound like it's coming from behind a door).

I too wish that the Graveyard pop-ups would scream. Personally I think they could easily re-utilize the screams from the Attic pop-up ghosts here since they no longer exist. For your enjoyment and "education" (Lol), here is a great attempt at re-creating the original Graveyard scene's soundtrack. Unfortunately there's no "la la" ghost.

YouTube - Grim Grinning Ghosts (The Screaming Song)

You can hear the pop-ups scream, starting at 9:26 in the video posted below.

YouTube - The Haunted Mansion Is Visited By Kurt Russell And The Osmonds

My favorite screams come in in the video below at 3:21.

YouTube - Making of The Haunted Mansion (Part 1 of 2)

They're so hideous and gruesome that you can't help but getting chills.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Larger Than (After)Life

but this is AWESOME!!! -- and not unlike the Ballroom organ.

Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 05-01-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Missing link.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    It would be nice if we had proof of that Phineas Pock tombstone blueprint.

Other Ghost Host suspects:
    Bartholomew Gore
    He now has a tombstone at WDW. He hanged himself in some versions of Ken Anderson's concepts. I don't think the Ghost Host was a pirate though.
    Beauregard
    The butler/tour guide of Ken Anderson's haunted house. He also now has a WDW tombstone.
    Mr. Meaker
    We first heard of this guy in D23 Magazine. He hanged himself after accidentally killing his pet cat with his bed canopy death machine. He previously murdered five spouses for wealth, just like Constance.
    Someone we've never heard of
    Could even be some guy with the Gastley surname.

Jason Surrell shoots down the idea of Ghost Host as master of the house in the second edition of his book.

The Cast Member butler outfits do have some similarities with the Hatchet Man's clothing.
    One fact that is easy to forget is that this guy right here is indeed the master of the house:

This factoid survived the rewrite demanded of Surrell for his second edition, so we can be 100% certain it represents the official view:

"As guests enter the Foyer, their attention is drawn to a formal portrait of the master of the house hanging on the wall above the fireplace."

It's highly unlikely, in my opinion, that WDI is going to resist the popular identification of this man as "Master Gracey." That identification is so deeply ingrained that if they intended to refute it, we would almost certainly have had that put into Surrell2 as well.

master of the house = "Master Gracey" (probably)
    Ghost Host ≠ Master Gracey (certainly)

We know that the GH is not the master of the house (says so point blank in Surrell2), but we can also say with relative certainty that Master Gracey is (= was the final owner). So there's another reason to ignore my poorly-considered comments about Phineas Pock possibly being the GH.
    Last edited by HBG2; 05-01-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• I'm a Lutheran

My name for the Ghost Host: Clancy Lawrence.

Just kidding.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

The new tombstones for Bartholomew Gore, Beauregard, the singing busts, etc. are in a totally different style (zero epitaph) than the family plot tombstones.

So were these guys from an earlier point in the mansion's history than Master Gracey, Grandpa Marc, Francis Xavier, etc?
    If Master Gracey was the final owner/most recent death, then yes.

If...
    the Ghost Host is buried under any of the tombstones at WDW,
    and he was never "master of the house,"
    then Beauregard would fit the criteria.

Of course, he could have been buried out back in the public cemetery.
    Or his remains could have never been identified.
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 05-01-2011 at 02:58 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM