Page 218 of 585 FirstFirst ... 118168193208215216217218219220221228243268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 8766

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    An unexplained noise was caught on an audio tape recording from a 1976 DL HM ride-thru:

Listen closely...
    Well played, my friend.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I know it's on the left-hand side of the Attic. At one point, it was back in the corner where Connie is now - turned sideways and facing the oncoming Doombuggies. Then later it was moved to a spot closer to the entrance of the Attic, directly next to the Doombuggy track. Naturally, I can't find any of the attic photos I saw the other day that showed it.
    Here is a pic of that corner of the attic:

I don't see it. I also looked through some of my 2009 pictures, not there. It may just be me, and it usually is, so I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It makes me sad and mad to look at it now. Even on the most positive possible reading of the new queue, it should be brutally obvious to anyone with even two functioning brain cells that the Leota tombstone effect has been ruined.
    No. Absolutely not.
    It may seem like it would be "anticlimactic" after the new queue, but it isn't for some reason. I witnessed plenty of those "magical moments" during my recent visit when a child tries to convince their parents that the tombstone looked at them. There are still those "tourists" that watch the bust closely because their guidebooks told them to and are surprised by her subtle movements and occasional blinks. The effect hasn't been ruined, it still has the same effect on guests as it always has.

The new queue is something that you look at and forget about, but the Leota tombstone is a memory that can last a lifetime. Why? I think that it is because it is something that the guest is able to "discover" without being directed towards it.
    Last edited by MasterGracey13; 05-06-2011 at 06:10 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    Here is a pic of that corner of the attic:

I don't see it. I also looked through some of my 2009 pictures, not there. It may just be me, and it usually is, so I'll keep looking.

No. Absolutely not.
    It may seem like it would be "anticlimactic" after the new queue, but it isn't for some reason. I witnessed plenty of those "magical moments" during my recent visit when a child tries to convince their parents that the tombstone looked at them. There are still those "tourists" that watch the bust closely because their guidebooks told them to and are surprised by her subtle movements and occasional blinks. The effect hasn't been ruined, it still has the same effect on guests as it always has.

The new queue is something that you look at and forget about, but the Leota tombstone is a memory that can last a lifetime. Why? I think that it is because it is something that the guest is able to "discover" without being directed towards it.
    Well, I'll take your word for it, and I'm glad if it really does survive Pepe Le Queue with its magic intact. Hard to believe that it could send a cold chill up anyone's spine after noisy ghosts have blathered all over you, but if it does, then good.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Larger Than (After)Life

The spot everyone seems to be talking about where they heard footsteps behind them is about where the green spot is...

Just FWIW, that green spot happens to be the most magical spot in the HM to me, and as it turns out, to Guillermo del Toro also.
    I like it too, especially when no one is around -- because I can look back and see the Changing Portrait Gallery, look ahead and see the busts, and turn to my right and look into the mouth of that marvelous attraction.

It makes me sad and mad to look at it now. Even on the most positive possible reading of the new queue, it should be brutally obvious to anyone with even two functioning brain cells that the Leota tombstone effect has been ruined. They should take it out. Seriously, send it to DL, or relocate it. Somewhere in the exit area wouldn't be so bad. It would be sort of a way of winding things down after the frenzied mirror gag. It would serve a function similar to what Little Leota does at DL.
    With regard to the queue, those two brain cells seem to have been working against each other.

As lovely as it is, I don't think the Leota Toombstone belongs at Disneyland. It's too different from the others and would have to go up on the berm, as there's really not much room for a realistic cemetery now -- unless Disney staff rearranges the landscape somehow. In that case, I might put the cemetery -- or a continuation of it -- by the exit, and the Leota Toombstone there. Then, it would be after the ghosts have materialized and suggest that Leota has stepped out momentarily for a quick peek.

• Minion

FINALLY!!! I found one photo of the Edison Phonograph:

Can't believe how hard it is to find photos of the Attic Junk. I know there are more out there, but where??? It's been moved a few times. I recall one photo in particular where it was in the area of that table near the pop-up, facing toward the camera.

• Forgotten Spirit

Right here is where I felt/heard the footsteps.

• I'm a Lutheran

Either someone was walking loudly in the locker room next door, or you heard an authentic ghost marching around. Personally I think it's cool that the Haunted Mansion is actually haunted. It adds to the experience and gives you something to look out and listen for. I'm going to be heading to DLR this summer to check out Star Tours 2 and Little Mermaid, so I plan on paying a visit to HM around midnight. Even though it's going to be in the peak season of July, I'm pretty sure that if I go over there so late at night, it will be pretty empty. All the better when looking for ghosts.

Definitely expect to see a trip report from my upcoming trip. I plan on covering as much of the Mansion as possible. Unfortunately I'll have a bit of trouble taking pictures of the inside. Unless I can figure out a way to capture images in the ride without using flash, don't expect to see too many grim grinning ghosts.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

FINALLY!!! I found one photo of the Edison Phonograph:

Can't believe how hard it is to find photos of the Attic Junk. I know there are more out there, but where??? It's been moved a few times. I recall one photo in particular where it was in the area of that table near the pop-up, facing toward the camera.
    It might just be my computer, but I can't see the photograph.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    It might just be my computer, but I can't see the photograph.
    Must be your browser. It shows up fine in both my post and in the quote. Here's the direct link:

http://www.doombuggies.com/images/se...ic_clutter.jpg

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    An unexplained noise was caught on an audio tape recording from a 1976 DL HM ride-thru:

Listen closely...
    This is fabulous. Excellent piece of mysterious evidence, indeed.

• Forgotten Spirit

That video could be solid evidence that the mansion is really haunted. Let's archive it.

Must be your browser. It shows up fine in both my post and in the quote. Here's the direct link:

http://www.doombuggies.com/images/se...ic_clutter.jpg
    I can't see it either and the link is blocking me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Right here is where I felt/heard the footsteps.

Do you have a larger file? My leering eyes aren't what they used to be.

• Forever dancing

I don't see the picture either. I use IE as a browser. What does everyone else use?
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together." ~ Walt Disney

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM