Page 219 of 597 FirstFirst ... 119169194209216217218219220221222229244269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 8941

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Can't see it on Chrome on the actual picture or the link (gives me 403 Forbidden error)
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Strange. It worked just fine this afternoon. Doombuggies must have decided to block it. Fortunately, I saved a copy on my hard drive.

secrets_attic_clutter

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Do you have a larger file? My leering eyes aren't what they used to be.
    I'm sorry, I do not. Pretty much, after you go into "limbo" (AFTER the busts), you will eventually have to make a turn into the running carpet. Right there in that corner is where that arrow points to.

• Forever dancing

Ok, I was watching "Rope" by Alfred Hitchcock just now and I noticed a scene where they are talking about a bride. They mention "on her wedding night she was playing around and went into a trunk. It had a bad lock and she got stuck. They found the body as a skeleton many years later."

Now I know that's not the true HM bride story but I know CM's used to tell it like that. I just thought it was interesting.

What the heck are these thumbnails here for. I tried to post a few pictures but it wasn't working...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun - together." ~ Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing Ghost View Post
    Ok, I was watching "Rope" by Alfred Hitchcock just now and I noticed a scene where they are talking about a bride. They mention "on her wedding night she was playing around and went into a trunk. It had a bad lock and she got stuck. They found the body as a skeleton many years later."

Now I know that's not the true HM bride story but I know CM's used to tell it like that. I just thought it was interesting.
    That is a fairly standard old chestnut...shows up in a few ghost story/folklore books, for example, the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Strange. It worked just fine this afternoon. Doombuggies must have decided to block it. Fortunately, I saved a copy on my hard drive.

secrets_attic_clutter
    What am I supposed to be looking for, again? Is that a modern day ladder in the back?

• Minion

The phonograph on the left.

• Larger Than (After)Life

I don't see the picture either. I use IE as a browser. What does everyone else use?
    I use IE, Firefox and Chrome.

What the heck are these thumbnails here for. I tried to post a few pictures but it wasn't working...
    I don't know but one showed up in one of my posts a while back as well. Although I tried, I couldn't get rid of the unwanted link. And when I clicked the link, there was no accompanying thumbnail.

MiceChat must be having some growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    What am I supposed to be looking for, again? Is that a modern day ladder in the back?
    If that blue thing just past the record player is what I think it is, it's a Lipton teapot from the 1930s.

• I'm a Lutheran

I know that it's non-canon, but today my mom found my old copy of the Haunted Mansion comic books. Looking through it I found some interesting details, the most interesting being a modern "emo" teenager ghost entering the Mansion, complete with striped-long sleeves and hair in front of her face. She kind of reminded me of Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure Time.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Inhospitable about happy

I have the same problems with those files and links as everyone else. As for the phonograph, even if we maximized this evidence to the extreme, it's not much. You'd move 1899 (latest possible occupancy date) to 1910 (earliest possible occupancy date).

MrHBG, like I said, you are directly under the RR tracks in the spot indicated, near a trestle support, no less. I wouldn't be surprised at all if rhythmic, muffled bumps emanated from there sometimes.

btw, new post up at el bloggo.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    The phonograph on the left.
    Does anyone know if that phonograph is still in the Attic somewhere or did WDI decide that it was not appropriate for the theming?

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    I think those are to notify maintenence which Doom Buggies need to be looked at.

NEW GHOST HOST THEORY:

In both editions of Jason Surrell's book, for the WDW Music Room he writes:

"Bright moonlight streams through the Music Room window, casting a shadow of the pianist--actually the Ghost Host--onto the floor as he pounds away on the piano."

So the Ghost Host is the invisible pianist, according to Surrell.
    His voice remains with you in your buggy as you ascend the staircase.
    The Ghost Host separated from his shadow is seen elsewhere:

So we know that the Ghost Host is a musician. He can play a keyboard.

Once you reach the balcony overlooking the ballroom, the Ghost Host leaves you for awhile. "They'll be expecting me," he says.
    Why are they expecting him? Do they need his... musical talents?

Ghost Host = Organist?
    Just to throw another log on your fire: who do you suppose is playing the organ while the GH is talking to you? Hmmmm.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    MrHBG, like I said, you are directly under the RR tracks in the spot indicated, near a trestle support, no less. I wouldn't be surprised at all if rhythmic, muffled bumps emanated from there sometimes.
    Totally understandable and makes sense, but I'm sticking with my story dammit!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM