Page 24 of 581 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474124524 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I have seen the new sculpt/internal projection on at least three ride throughs, on my trip last month. She was on /off again/on again for a couple days starting about May 19th. She looks very good, indeed...no more of that rainbow spectrum effect if you look away, for one thing. Her hair is very large (only way I can say it) and has kind of a shimmering, ethereal effect...very subtle, like it's shifting or moving. Face sculpt is very strong, projection is clear, and she has a bit of a stub (moreso than before anyway) of a neck, or a hint of a neck...it makes her look more like a severed head, to me anyway, than she did before...corpsey, rather than a "apparition" of a floating head (at least in my opinion).

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    NEWS FLASH

Reportedly, Disneyland's Haunted Mansion now has the internal-projection Madame Leota, like Orlando. It's also reported that the suspension cables look like they may be thinner than before, making them less visible.

I'll be eager to see photos.

Hey, this means I'll get to see a new, improved Mdm L later this month. The bad news, of course, is precisely that she's no longer on the table. Her recent and lengthy stay there refreshed memories and reinforced, for some, their belief that the table-top Mdm L was superior. I'm in that camp, but not bitterly so. Anyway, if fly she must, then do it well, sez I.
    It's actually really amazing. I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago and I was impressed--no wires to be seen, and no glowing ball around her head....you can see the ball, and it reads okay, but it's more just a floating, talking head. My only issue is that every time I've seen it, the audio has been out of sync with the projection, but only slightly and it's not at all a major issue...After all, the lightning and thunder in the portrait hallway is never in sync, and no one is bothered by THAT.
    dreams. come. true.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    It's actually really amazing. I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago and I was impressed--no wires to be seen, and no glowing ball around her head....you can see the ball, and it reads okay, but it's more just a floating, talking head. My only issue is that every time I've seen it, the audio has been out of sync with the projection, but only slightly and it's not at all a major issue...After all, the lightning and thunder in the portrait hallway is never in sync, and no one is bothered by THAT.
    Yes - there was a whole thread on this a week or two ago. At one point, someone mentioned that Leota was stuck in mid-air and just hanging there in one spot. They also mentioned how dark the ride is now, in that you can't even see the doombuggies across from you in the seance.

Real thunder and lightning isn't always in sync anyway - only if it hits nearby. That's probably why no one seems bothered by it. What's important there is that the portraits change in sync with the lightning flashes.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Real thunder and lightning isn't always in sync anyway - only if it hits nearby. That's probably why no one seems bothered by it. What's important there is that the portraits change in sync with the lightning flashes.
    I was more referring to the fact that the strobes are completely out of sync with one another. They go off at the same time, but not in unison--they're staggered. Yeah the flashes happen, you hear the thunder, but really the portraits change more in sync with the thunder than anything else. I didn't notice it until a friend of mine who spends a lot of time in the parks pointed it out to me....I spend so much time at the mansion and I'm used to its quirks that it just doesn't phase me that in reality that's not how thunder and lightning actually looks, that's just how it looks in the HM.
    dreams. come. true.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    I was more referring to the fact that the strobes are completely out of sync with one another. They go off at the same time, but not in unison--they're staggered. Yeah the flashes happen, you hear the thunder, but really the portraits change more in sync with the thunder than anything else. I didn't notice it until a friend of mine who spends a lot of time in the parks pointed it out to me....I spend so much time at the mansion and I'm used to its quirks that it just doesn't phase me that in reality that's not how thunder and lightning actually looks, that's just how it looks in the HM.
    How interesting; the portraits are supposed to change with the lightning flashes. Of course, having never been to the DL Mansion myself, I have to rely on videos, which are usually facing the portraits and not the windows, so I've never really been able to notice what is in sync with what in that area. I haven't been to the WDW one since they added the new portrait hall there, either. I'll have to check some vids and see if theirs sync up with anything.

• Who are you again?

I was wondering who did the art for that....I got that at the world of disney store before....took a night at the Mansion...
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

One of my fave little details about that drawing is that you can see each of the hitchhikers' initials. Phineas' "P" on his tie, Ezra's "E" in his shoe, and Gus' "G" on his shackle.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Speaking of Haunted Mansion drawings, I've added the Haunted Mansion portrait to my Disney attraction portait series.

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

Great picture! Makes me really happy to see that you included both the opera singers and the ballroom dancers. I'm looking forward to seeing others in the series.

NEWS FLASH

Reportedly, Disneyland's Haunted Mansion now has the internal-projection Madame Leota, like Orlando. It's also reported that the suspension cables look like they may be thinner than before, making them less visible.

I'll be eager to see photos.

Hey, this means I'll get to see a new, improved Mdm L later this month. The bad news, of course, is precisely that she's no longer on the table. Her recent and lengthy stay there refreshed memories and reinforced, for some, their belief that the table-top Mdm L was superior. I'm in that camp, but not bitterly so. Anyway, if fly she must, then do it well, sez I.
    Just went yesterday and it was back on the table with front projection.

I had gone on Memorial day and she was floating and it looked really nice. Only issue was the audio and her face was not synced up. But as I said she is now back on the table with front projection and her face and audio was again a tad out of sync.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Hang on a minute. From HBG2's newest blog post.

Is it just me or is that the chair from the famous Hatbox Ghost photo next to Constane on the right-hand side photo?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Excuse me for popping in here...it's been a while...and someone might have asked this question at one point or another...

But, are there any plans of compiling all of this information and making a book?

Because I would buy it. And there's no question in my mind that it would be the most comprehensive book about the Haunted Mansion ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Are there any plans of compiling all of this information and making a book?
    It's funny you should mention that. A recent comment on our esteemed HBG2's blog suggested a similar anticipation for such a publication.
    "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Just went yesterday and it was back on the table with front projection.

I had gone on Memorial day and she was floating and it looked really nice. Only issue was the audio and her face was not synced up. But as I said she is now back on the table with front projection and her face and audio was again a tad out of sync.
    Yep. She's back on the table (went yesterday). She did look really good though!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

But, are there any plans of compiling all of this information and making a book?

Because I would buy it. And there's no question in my mind that it would be the most comprehensive book about the Haunted Mansion ever.
    The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Book: Revenge of the Hatbox Ghost
    .....best book ever.....

also I was looking at HBG2 blog and found this

Here's the grim tally:

• 1869: Ambrose Harper
    • 1872: Frank Banks
    • 1874: The Marquis de Doom
    • 1875: Reginald Caine
    • 1877: George Hightower
    Hightower...Hightower...where have I heard that name before....oh, yea

isn't a Mr. Hightower the owner of Hotel Hightower in Disney Sea?
    Last edited by jesterjack; 06-09-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM