Page 271 of 595 FirstFirst ... 171221246261268269270271272273274281296321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 8924

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    It all makes sense now.
    My response exactly!

• We Go On.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Put touch screens in each Doombuggie.

Okay, now that one can never be used.

Quote Originally Posted by wditrent View Post
    put touch screens in each doombuggie.

okay, now that one can never be used.
    "now i will raise the safety bar and a ghost will follow you into the future. Or should i say your future?"

HBG rumor (specifically the part in bold) from DISboards:
    Mark my words and remember this post. The Hatbox Ghost will return to the Haunted Mansion attraction at both Florida and California.

It has already been announced that the legendary character will have a major role in the upcoming movie, but now it is FACT that it will return to the attraction.

Although it will be utilizing modern technology, it's appearance will not change. Artwork will be released this October at Disney that will act as an announcement and illustration of the Hatbox's return.
    EDIT:
    Last edited by Villains Fan; Yesterday at 11:01 PM. Reason: Link to other Disney forum removed.
    What a nonsensical rule.
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 07-02-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Link to other Disney forum removed.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Rumor without a real source. Again. Also, HMH happens in October here.

It's a rumor. These things turn out to be true once in awhile.
    Sorry I don't have an official statement from Disney.
    "Artwork will be released this October" doesn't contradict HMH.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    It's a rumor. These things turn out to be true once in awhile.
    Sorry I don't have an official statement from Disney.
    "Artwork will be released this October" doesn't contradict HMH.
    Oh, not doubting you... sorry if came off abrupt in that manner. Just it being posted on another board without preamble doesn't convince me I'd very much like to be proven wrong.

[QUOTE=SmellyOrangutan;1056569102]HBG rumor (specifically the part in bold):

Source:
    Haunted Mansion HATBOX GHOST will return!!!! - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 07-01-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Link removed per board policy.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Oh, not doubting you... sorry if came off abrupt in that manner. Just it being posted on another board without preamble doesn't convince me I'd very much like to be proven wrong.
    From the looks of their posting history, this person seems to be a frequent WDW visitor and they've done the "dinner with an Imagineer" thing at least once (Dine with an Imagineer | Dining & Restaurants | Walt Disney World Resort).

So this person has talked to Imagineers and probably has friends who work at the parks.

They've also posted this:
    The Haunted Mansion, in regards to the attraction and future movie/movies, will NOT focus on one specific story as the main story. Both parts of Disney want to follow the original theme in regards to ghosts and legends all over the world. With this being said, many new characters can be added to the Mansion along with storylines for movie sequels.

• Lurker

I'm missing something here.
    Uncopyrighted ideas posted by anonymous people on the internet can't be used?
    In the US, as soon as you create something, you own the copyright, registered or not. We may be anonymous people on the internet, but we definitely own the copyright of any original ideas we post here.

Quote Originally Posted by matman730 View Post
    In the US, as soon as you create something, you own the copyright, registered or not. We may be anonymous people on the internet, but we definitely own the copyright of any original ideas we post here.
    We should have come up with the queue on this board by that logic. BTW, Disney does not always respect copyright laws.
    www.disneylawsuit.com
    Also, we once had a photoshop created by our own HBG2 for this thread actually used in a Disney-produced segment about the Hatbox Ghost with Tony Baxter.
    Last edited by HMF; 07-01-2011 at 10:14 PM.

I still don't understand how you can "own the copyright" of an idea/suggestion posted online for Disney's intellectual property.

Well I guess I should go sue Disney now!
    I once said on an internet message board that they should refurbish and fix up the WDW HM.
    Then in 2007, they did! Those fiends stole my copyrighted idea!

I don't know. Makes no sense to me.

---------- Post added 07-01-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Me:
    "Hey, there should be a Haunted Mansion character named Robert."

Disney:
    "Aw crap! Some guy on this website I stumbled upon said there should be a Haunted Mansion character named Robert. Now we're not ever allowed to use that!"

Me:
    "They should bring back the screams for the pop-up ghosts."

Disney:
    "Uh-oh, can't use that idea. We could get in soooo much trouble."

I still don't understand how you can "own the copyright" of an idea/suggestion posted online for Disney's intellectual property.

Well I guess I should go sue Disney now!
    I once said on an internet message board that they should refurbish and fix up the WDW HM.
    Then in 2007, they did! Those fiends stole my copyrighted idea!

I don't know. Makes no sense to me.

---------- Post added 07-01-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Me:
    "Hey, there should be a Haunted Mansion character named Robert."

Disney:
    "Aw crap! Some guy on this website I stumbled upon said there should be a Haunted Mansion character named Robert. Now we're not ever allowed to use that!"

Me:
    "They should bring back the screams for the pop-up ghosts."

Disney:
    "Uh-oh, can't use that idea. We could get in soooo much trouble."
    We need the lawyers that approved the gigantic water-spewing tubsoleum that is not a potential hazard at all.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Copyright protection extends only to expressions, and not to ideas, procedures, methods of operation or mathematical concepts as such. This principle has been confirmed by the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS Agreement) of the World Trade Organization (WTO) as well as the WIPO Copyright Treaty.

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 12:37 AM ----------

"Modern technology"???

(Here comes another projection.)

Make The Hatbox Ghost a projected figure like Constance The Bride!

(There. Now, WDI [really Garner Holt] won't use it.)

Oh, and make the figure's hatbox a digital screen

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Also, we once had a photoshop created by our own HBG2 for this thread actually used in a Disney-produced segment about the Hatbox Ghost with Tony Baxter.
    That image was used out of ignorance, not disregard for copyright laws. They really believed it to be one of theirs and authentic because, as you know, Disney hires only the most qualified and knowledgeable individuals.

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    We need the lawyers that approved the gigantic water-spewing tubsoleum that is not a potential hazard at all.
    It's too bad that you can't park a car next to it. Then, it'd be useful.

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by matman730 View Post
    In the US, as soon as you create something, you own the copyright, registered or not.
    The operative word is "create," not "express." And while you may own the copyright to what you "create," good luck suing for it in federal court without a certificate of registration.

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 12:58 AM ----------

I have no doubt that Disney will release Hatbox Ghost art, especially if they can manufacture it in China and sell it at a 500% markup.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 07-02-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post

[/COLOR]"Modern technology"???

(Here comes another projection.)

Make The Hatbox Ghost a projected figure like Constance The Bride!

(There. Now, WDI [really Garner Holt] won't use it.)

Oh, and make the figure's hatbox a digital screen[COLOR=#8b0000]
    I highly doubt they would make him a Constance style projection. Then again I never thought they would insert a fancy portrait of a random character next to the Hitchhiking Ghosts let alone a whole Queue re-design which would completely disregard the existing story logic. I think it will be done with synchronized internal lighting similar to Leota but with a physical head.
    Last edited by HMF; 07-02-2011 at 12:27 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM