Page 279 of 598 FirstFirst ... 179229254269276277278279280281282289304329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 8967

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Look at the wdwmagic thing.
    Hey, just saw it, HMF. Cool!

OK, I am going to watch the whole clip again and move through it frame by frame.

---------- Post added 07-09-2011 at 07:34 PM ----------

You're right. Two beats (that I could count). Top of the head inside the hatbox.

---------- Post added 07-09-2011 at 07:49 PM ----------

OK, while advancing the clip enlarged and by single frame (I need a life), there may have been one beat of light inside the hatbox while behind the wicker screen and I counted two after the hatbox was no longer obstructed by the screen. That's three beats and would definitely sync it to the bride's heartbeat.

(Of course, I still contend that the pop-ups were, at one time, synced to the bride's heartbeat and came up on every 8th beat, or two measures, though not all together.)

So, the hatbox is flashing but the face above the shoulders is out of order. Woe is me.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 07-09-2011 at 06:54 PM.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Can we tell which Bride is in the footage?
    This one
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...2EuroDis-1.jpg
    or this one http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...stuff/brde.jpg

---------- Post added 07-10-2011 at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Hey, just saw it, HMF. Cool!.
    Thanks, A lot more people are going to be seeing this than have listened to my old podcast. LOL!

• hatbox ghost believer

What a wonderful surprise to find after a few days offline. Heavenly!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

How did this fall so far back with the HBG footage? I'd think this would revitalize this thread.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

Hatbox, I just don't think the GIFs give it justice. In the regular footage, you can see the light in the hatbox light up.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Just good enough

That is pretty cool to watch, it's amazing what things people will find when they do a little spring/summer cleaning. Who knows what other videos are out there that involve Disney history?
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Guy View Post
    How did this fall so far back with the HBG footage? I'd think this would revitalize this thread.
    Three pages worth of posts on a Sunday while there's already another thread dedicated to this specific topic doesn't seem like much?

A thread that's 4,000+ posts in on its seventh iteration and is continuously growing and attracting new readers seems like it needs revitalization?

The thread is undead. It cannot be killed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    Three pages worth of posts on a Sunday while there's already another thread dedicated to this specific topic doesn't seem like much?
    There's another thread???

---------- Post added 07-11-2011 at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    I downloaded the whole MP4 -- all 98+ MB of it -- and I don't see what you're seeing, even when I look at it full-screen. I don't see the flashing. I just see the wicker piece passing in front of the hatbox.
    Actually, the full HD 1080p version is 229MB. Just added it to my collection.

• Inhospitable about happy

While almost all the attention has understandably been focused on the HBG in the new film, there is also the bride footage to examine. It's so murky that there's little to say. Here's another quick and dirty GIF.

The shakiness is largely due to the fact that this is speeded up from a hand-held camera shoot. The way that Todd has edited the footage for his video presentation, the bride sequence is divided up, with the last frames seen just before the HBG footage commences. If you look closely, you'll see the bride scooting to the left in those last frames, which means of course that the cameraman is swinging to the right. What you notice in this GIF is that the figure is pretty steady, not moving slowly right or left until the last frames. That's because for the first few seconds the cameraman was pointing the camera right at her and approaching her fairly directly, not from the left or right. A glance at the blueprints explains this:

As you can see, the doombuggy for a second or two is approaching Beating Heart fairly straight on, and the cameraman can prolong this by turning to the left as the doombuggy starts to turn right, keeping the camera focused directly on her. At some point, however, he has to swing right, and that's what you see at the end of the sequence.

One item easily missed is that there are not one but two points of light on the bride figure. There's the red heart, obviously, but if you look closely, you'll see a smaller white spot appearing now and then. That's the candle tip! Here's a still showing both:

If you're trying to form a bride out of those fuzzy white shapes, forget it. There was fabric around the bride that glowed, similar to the bridal gown, presumably in order to make her less distinct, more "ghostly." The only things showing up on this film are the brightest spots of that fabric and her gown. It looks to me like those white smears are the fabric to her right (our left) and part of her lower gown.

Because both the candle flame and the heart are visible in some frames, it is possible to come up with an approximation of where Beating Heart is (or would be) in this film. I've used a 1994 photo as a model, because the positioning of the two lights is very similar to the film, and the angle of approach is about right also.

And here's another GIF:

Notice how well the candle and her right hand in the 1994 photo conform to the dark spot below the white dot of light in the film. I guess we could claim that we can almost "see" her hand.

Obviously, it's not possible to comment on the style of the bride, whether it's the "slit-eye" version, the "corpse bride" version, or the familiar black-faced, round-eyed version.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Isn't it possible that all three versions were the same exact figure, and merely redressed and with only slight alterations through the years? These two figures seem to line up perfectly - just a little too perfect to be different figures.

• Inhospitable about happy

I'm sure the body would have been replicated from the same molds (or new ones made from the old ones), so that's not really very mysterious. The differences between the three varieties mentioned (and later models) would have had to do with the face and the costuming (and maybe the hands). The point is that no one knows for sure which of the three was there at opening in 1969, and this film is no help.

It is nice how well this photo lines up, proving that the dark patch in the film at that point is in fact the candle and the hand holding it. At least we can say she's really there in the only known photography of Beating Heart in her original spot. Or publicly-known, anyway. Somewhere in the archives, WDI must have '69 photography taken by WED.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I'm sure the body would have been replicated from the same molds (or new ones made from the old ones), so that's not really very mysterious. The differences between the three varieties mentioned (and later models) would have had to do with the face and the costuming (and maybe the hands). The point is that no one knows for sure which of the three was there at opening in 1969, and this film is no help.

It is nice how well this photo lines up, proving that the dark patch in the film at that point is in fact the candle and the hand holding it. At least we can say she's really there in the only known photography of Beating Heart in her original spot. Or publicly-known, anyway. Somewhere in the archives, WDI must have '69 photography taken by WED.
    Would there have been a real need to replace the figure itself? I'm not saying they didn't, it just seems like they wouldn't bother creating a new one unless there was a real need - just maybe swap out the head, change costumes, replace lightbulbs, repaint, etc.

I'm willing to bet the stock footage was likely shot just prior to opening, and there's a very good chance they have footage of the entire ride from start to finish, including the Hatbox ghost. Probably still buried somewhere in the archives. Isn't it still a common practice to film/video the entire attraction both for reference and as a source for clips?

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

HBG footage? Over 4000 posts? Boy, I've been gone a long time.
    dreams. come. true.

Sounds like GDT is working on a second draft of the movie screenplay.
    Fandango: Letís talk about the upcoming projects youíre both involved in.
    Del Toro: There are a lot of people announcing projects that are not real, [but] the real projects are a lot. Iím working on The Hulk for ABC. Weíre developing the series, itís going well, we donít have the pilot screening yet. Frankenstein, Iím writing now. Iím rewriting Haunted Mansion. I just finished writing the third book of the Strain trilogy of novels. My next directing film will be Pacific Rim that starts in November and weíre shopping around the project of Pinocchio.
    Full article: Exclusive Interview: Guillermo Del Toro and Katie Holmes of Don

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Sounds like GDT is working on a second draft of the movie screenplay.
    Full article: Exclusive Interview: Guillermo Del Toro and Katie Holmes of Don
    Hate to even bring this up but what if one or more of the characters from PLQ end up on the movie?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM