Page 281 of 599 FirstFirst ... 181231256271278279280281282283284291306331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 8978

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Moving laterally on the topic of the Hatbox Ghost, I finally have footage of my Hatbox Ghost replica working.

I figured him out back before Halloween, so I don't know what the hell took me so long to film him. Unfortunately as I went to get out my camera the motor controlling his shaking arm burned out, which is unfortunate because I think he loses a lot of character for it. I'll fix him and update soon, for real.

I must also apologize for the film quality. Imagine the light conditions . . . the best I could do with my silly little point and shoot is give the idea of what's happening. As would be implied, he looks better in person. Oops!

In the meantime . . .

YouTube - ‪Working Hatbox Ghost Replica Video‬‏

Enjoy! Love seeing the discussion perk up around here. I think the discovery of that video really was an extraordinary event in Disney History, if a relatively quiet one.
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Never mind.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 07-13-2011 at 05:34 AM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Well, the hits just keep on a-comin'.

In our last exciting episode, we discovered that the bride's candle tip is visible in some frames of the new footage, enabling us to locate the figure.

Well guess what? I think there is one frame in which you can see one of her eyes! They were lit up, after all.

Darken it up a bit. Luckily, both the heart and the candle tip are visible in the same frame:

Time to revise our GIF. It turns out that the previous photo used as a model is a little more out of perspective than we thought. But it's still the closest I can find among my photos. I tried to correct the perspective to more closely mimic the apparent angle shown in the footage, and here's the result.

The proximity to the camera is affected by where the candle is in its up-and-down arc of movement. If, let's say, the '94 photo shows the candle higher in the arc than it is in the '60 still, then we've placed the '94 bride closer to the viewer (i.e. bigger) than she should be in order to get them to match. Also, the lighting is entirely different in the two photos, not unexpectedly. They represent, after all, two different places in the attic, decades apart, and with extra, glowing fabric in one but not the other. Ironically, what is lit up in the movie still tends to be dark in the '94 photo, and vice versa.

Bad as it is, with the eye visible for a brief moment, it can now be claimed even more so, that we have a photo of the bride in her original spot.

Here's a GIF showing a transition:

Last edited by HBG2; 07-13-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Death Certificate on hand

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    HBG footage? Over 4000 posts? Boy, I've been gone a long time.
    I haven't read any posts since #1500 in October [I keep meaning to catch up...] I'm back through the HBG video thread.

I'll try to catch up, I promise.......................
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Bad as it is, with the eye visible for a brief moment, it can now be claimed even more so, that we have a photo of the bride in her original spot.

Here's a GIF showing a transition:

So does that mean we can confirm that it was round eyes and not slit eyes?

• Banned User

The Haunted mansion really needs an interactive queue, a staircase scene, and new interactive hitchhiking ghosts, and they should bring the hatbox ghost back, and retheme the seance circle to museum of the wierd

• I'm a Lutheran

/\ The only thing I would agree on with your ideas are the Hatbox Ghost and possibly the hitchhiking ghosts if they improve upon them (As in more "realistic" and less cartoony).
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemegs View Post
    The Haunted mansion really needs an interactive queue, a staircase scene, and new interactive hitchhiking ghosts, and they should bring the hatbox ghost back, and retheme the seance circle to museum of the wierd
    As soon as we get past the queue... *Ugg*. You are an UnHelpful Micechatter indeed!

I really don't think our HM needs an interactive queue. It is nice and classy without all that muck. There is fun tombstones to read and look at as well as the hearse. Only thing I would want to add to the ride itself is make the load area a bit more like the inside of a house instead of all the black and just this staircase. But I am happy with it as it is.

megs is obviously just jerking our chain, guys. Ignore.

No, the bride's eye in the film doesn't prove it was round. It's much too dim and indistinct to say anything about shape.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Trivia time! That's what you usually come here for, right? I mean, you can't have newly-discovered movies of the HBG showing up every day of the week.

I suppose 99.9% of you have seen the old Osmonds Disneyland special from 1970, and if you have, you've seen this attractive model of a HM doorway. (The model isn't the only attractive thing in the scene, but that's irrelevant for the moment. She's in her sixties now, guys. She's got her AM radio on the table so she can listen to Jefferson Airplane and Strawberry Alarm Clock on 93 KHJ.)

Where is this door in the actual attraction? A lot of you know, but we've dropped well below 99.9% at this point. It isn't found in the DL HM at all, but you'll find it in the music room at WDW, at the far left of the scene. I don't think it's found anywhere else.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

And the hits keep on coming...from Major Pepperidge, over at Gorillas Don't Blog this time. It isn't distinctly said is Disneyland, but the Major usually posts mainly DL images he has purchased in slide or photo format and is good about noting if it is a set from Florida (plus being able to tell by accompanying outdoor images). If accurate, this is Disneyland in 1975. That's important, since we never knew if DL had a 'corpse' bride model for sure......

GORILLAS DON'T BLOG: Pirates & Mansion, October 1975

You can see her raising her candle at an odd angle (almost looking like throwing a knife, heh) and flash apparently blocked out the glowing heart effect (if the corpse bride version had such).

• Minion

She looks like an alien. Perhaps we should call her the Space Ghost Bride.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    And the hits keep on coming...from Major Pepperidge, over at Gorillas Don't Blog this time. It isn't distinctly said is Disneyland, but the Major usually posts mainly DL images he has purchased in slide or photo format and is good about noting if it is a set from Florida (plus being able to tell by accompanying outdoor images). If accurate, this is Disneyland in 1975. That's important, since we never knew if DL had a 'corpse' bride model for sure......

GORILLAS DON'T BLOG: Pirates & Mansion, October 1975

You can see her raising her candle at an odd angle (almost looking like throwing a knife, heh) and flash apparently blocked out the glowing heart effect (if the corpse bride version had such).

I see a tiny tinge of red where the veil meets her chest. I think that's a glimpse of the heart.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM