Page 290 of 596 FirstFirst ... 190240265280287288289290291292293300315340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 8927

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by NovaGreensocks View Post
    Since when did the organist start wearing paisley and harlequin diamonds on his cape? XD
    Looked like a Jim Shore piece to me, forget if it credited him...his pieces are always "folksy" like that, if it fits the character or not. Looks like the organist is wearing a church knitting club quilt.

• wants to go to WDW

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Looked like a Jim Shore piece to me, forget if it credited him...his pieces are always "folksy" like that, if it fits the character or not. Looks like the organist is wearing a church knitting club quilt.
    Ah, you're right. Didn't catch the name when looking through! Still, it does look rather interesting on him..

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Since when did the organist start wearing paisley and harlequin diamonds on his cape? XD
    Those are signature elements of the artist, Jim Shore. (Whoops - I see that was already answered. Left this window open while I was browsing the listings).

Glad to see the Hat Box Ghost figure is open edition. I might actually have to get that one.

• Inhospitable about happy

I didn't see any references to the PLQ/HHG additions. Anyone else see anything?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I didn't see any references to the PLQ/HHG additions. Anyone else see anything?
    No, you're right, no distinct elements from the new queue, and hitchhikers are stylized cartoony mostly across all appearances on merch...but they've been handled similarly before the change too.

• Forgotten Spirit

HBG2, when I go to Japan, I plan on Urbexing (Urban Exploring) at Nara Dreamland if it's still there by then.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    No, you're right, no distinct elements from the new queue, and hitchhikers are stylized cartoony mostly across all appearances on merch...but they've been handled similarly before the change too.
    Probably the time element. The new additions were just too late in the game. It would have been interesting to see if anyone really cared to shell out some serious clams for, e.g., a set of Dread family pins or a Jim Shore tubsoleum sculpt. A lot of the positive counter-reaction—at least that I've seen—has still been tepid: "Look, I'm not crazy about everything in the new queue, but I like it. I think it's okay." That sort of thing. Not exactly the level of enthusiasm that moves the merch.

• Minion

I like the stretching pin and the black cameos. There's a lot of tacky stuff on there, though.

• Minion

Too dad-gum many pins on there. Wasn't much at all that I was interested in either, except of course the HBG figure which I can't afford.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    I don't know if any of you have been following the "Room for One More" WDW Haunted Mansion merch event, but they put out a finalized list of available merch. The only reason I bring it up is the HBG figure:

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...More_Final.pdf

Overall the event looks mediocre (not just me being a sourpuss, that is the overall reaction) both in available merch and itinerary.
    Not to be a sourpuss myself, I'm not impressed either. The Gargoyle lanyard medal is OK; but, in my opinion, not nearly as nice as the Bat Stanchion lanyard medal (which also has a black light on back) sold currently at Disneyland and for less. As for the "medium" figure of yours ghoully, it pales by comparison to Kevin Kidney's Hatbox Ghost big figure, although it is less cheesy than the small Hatbox Ghost with pins that Disney offered not too long ago. The difference between the medium and big figs is that you can see the head inside the hatbox with this new, medium figure. I wonder if the hatbox lights up and displaying the second head inside it is just for purposes of illustration, or if WDW intended to release a commemorative statue of a malfunctioning AA, since it was never the Imagineers' intention to have both heads visible at once. The release of this figure displaying two heads simultaneously might just be more evidence of how clueless TDO really is when it comes to The Haunted Mansion.

I do, however, like the silhouette pins very much, as well as the Madam Leota Toombstone pin and death certificate. As for everything else, meh. I won't be falling all over myself and/or jumping through hoops to purchase any of this, and I enjoy collecting certain Haunted Mansion items.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Although I'm not really wowed by the selection, I will admit that I like the "From the other side" and "Haunted Mansion 4:00 AM" paintings. There is now doubt that I will pick up the open edition $35 prints of both.
    As for the HBG statue, of course it pales in comparison to the KK and JD version, I find it to be a decent piece. I actually like the fact that you can see the head in the hatbox. The Jim Shore piece looks nice to me, The organist's jacket is a little quirky, but that is his style.

• wants to go to WDW

I almost want that organist figurine (is that the right word for it..?), but I won't be there, and I'm saving for Halloween at WDW this year.
    (When I saw the previous Organist figurine, I wanted it terribly, but the collector's value has gone up a bit too high for my budget!)

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

I almost want that organist figurine (is that the right word for it..?), but I won't be there, and I'm saving for Halloween at WDW this year.
    (When I saw the previous Organist figurine, I wanted it terribly, but the collector's value has gone up a bit too high for my budget!)
    The organist is also open edition, meaning it's not exclusive to the event. You should be able to find it for sale while you're at WDW for Halloween.

• wants to go to WDW

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    The organist is also open edition, meaning it's not exclusive to the event. You should be able to find it for sale while you're at WDW for Halloween.
    Ah, really? I certainly hope to see it, then! I'm growing fond of this one for some reason.
    (But isn't that the DL organ..? Just looking at the candles.. I can't remember!)

Change of subject for a bit. Sometimes I get comments on older posts at my blog that are of general interest around here, but you wouldn't know about them unless you went around reading comments added to old posts, which I don't suppose very many of you do, so I don't really feel like I'm blog pimping if I go ahead and highlight them. I've now had two comments left by children of Imagineers to whom tributes were paid on familiar old tombstones, each of them with a few fun tidbits to share.

The daughter of George Windrum ("MURDNIWG") has left a comment HERE.

The son of Bob Sewell ("victim of a dirty duel") has left a comment HERE.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM