Page 30 of 618 FirstFirst ... 52027282930313233405580130530 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TightropeGirlLover View Post
    Actually that's what I find mostly ironic about Leota in the HMH. During the show she's voice by Susan Blakeslee, who is the current voice for Maleficent, Lady Tremaine, and Cruella. In the Cinderella sequels she sounds so pefectly close to Audley's performance, yet in HMH she uses a completely different voice. Very odd.
    Funny, I thought her name was Catherine something... Shows you how much attention I pay to HMH.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by whodudis View Post
    Heh Heh , mabey i phrased that wrong. For the Haunted Mansion's 40th anniversary, Kim Irvine was made up to look exactly like Madame Leota. (Sorry for the HUGE Picture!)
    Goodness! I've never seen this photo. Didn't even know she was there, unless this is a different event than the video I saw. In the one that I saw, they had someone who was supposed to be Leota walk up the aisle during this mock wedding of Constance and George(?) spouting Leota's spiel. I don't believe it was Kim. There was also a Doombuggy up on the stage.

This appears to be Kim surrounded by photos of her mother, and wasn't part of what I saw. The makeup isn't quite right, but close enough I suppose. Is there any video of this event?

This appears to be Kim surrounded by photos of her mother, and wasn't part of what I saw. The makeup isn't quite right, but close enough I suppose. Is there any video of this event?[/QUOTE]

Using the magic of Youtube........POOF!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VCPRp6YJ4A&feature=channel"]Here it is[/ame]

• Minion

Thanks. There was apparently a similar, smaller panel discussion earlier in the day, which is what the photo of Kim was from. I found a tiny snippet of that one, but it was only a 51 second clip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baJA_Ly8KoE"]YouTube- Disney Imagineer Jason Surrel does not think the Haunted Mansion movie is funny either[/ame]

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

To change gears a bit and talk about the real world (gasp!), who here is planning on attending the meet-up next Friday? I'm gonna bust my butt to be there because after three years of talking, I am NOT about to pass up the chance to ride the Haunted Mansion with my online family....but Bassy doesn't count, only because he's IRL family, and I've already ridden the HM with him many times. So neener. :P ......... To those attending, I do have some sad news. Remember when I talked about how cool it would be if I knew a butler (or maid) and if this person would be working at the manse or if they would attend the meet to get us our own elevator and maybe give us a mini-private tour? Well, as it turns out, I didn't factor in that this imaginary person might be working elsewhere that day--or even the fact that I don't know this person to begin with, haha. So if I got anyone's hopes up I'm reeeeeally sorry Hopefully we'll find a nice groundskeeper who will listen to our tale and take pity on us. ........EDIT: Check out the search results on Etsy for Haunted Mansion homemades. Some of the stuff is to die for (if you'll excuse the pun.) Also, I'm using the extended "..." in place of a line break as my enter key isn't working. I'm sorry if it bothers anyone.
    Last edited by CaitlinMcFly; 06-17-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    dreams. come. true.

• Yoiks!

Those Esty people are pretty crafty! Make sure you enter each persons site because those pictures are just the tip of the iceberg of HM stuff. Many of them are fellow Doombugs!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    To change gears a bit and talk about the real world (gasp!), who here is planning on attending the meet-up next Friday?
    Unless work interferes, I'll be there! What time are we meeting again? (And were we meeting in front of the HM gates or somewhere else?)

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Unless work interferes, I'll be there! What time are we meeting again? (And were we meeting in front of the HM gates or somewhere else?)
    It's 10 am, Friday the 25th, in front of the Manse. If there are enough of us, maybe we can have a de facto group ride without any special arrangements. I don't know how many make a load.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Sadly, I for one cannot attend, else I would be all over this...sounds like a good time, and am jealous of all you folks already heh.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

I hope there's a full trip report with photos and video!

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Stupid day job. I want to be there, but I can't take off work to go to the park right now (and I work for the Mouse!)
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I hope there's a full trip report with photos and video!
    I'll take lots of pictures but I won't trip report anything, haha. I'll just make the Facebook album not-private and link it here.
    Should we put up pictures of ourselves for everyone to see so we know who to look for, or should we just all go and be surprised? It's been crowded at the parks, so photo-posting might be helpful. I've put up a lot of pictures of myself as avatars over the years, so you all SHOULD know what I look like by now. :P In any case, I'll be the girl with the bright white parasol and HM shoes, either dressed for utility or in an extremely feminine fashion.
    dreams. come. true.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Sadly, I can't be there as I'm many, many states away and already had a DL trip planned to later this year before the topic came up. However, may I suggest everyone wear some kind of secret signal like a black flower. Or everyone carry a hatbox (perhaps not quite subtle enough).

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    To change gears a bit and talk about the real world (gasp!), who here is planning on attending the meet-up next Friday?
    Unfortunately, we arriving two days later.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

• hatbox ghost believer

Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to make it either. I expect loads of piccies, videos and lots of perspective from all of you who attend!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM