Page 308 of 618 FirstFirst ... 208258283298305306307308309310311318333358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 9261

• We Go On.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Interesting stuff about the stretching room spiels. I can't believe I had never noticed that before.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

There's a new Hatbox Ghost rumor. The following was obtained from WDW Radio Disney Forums, posted by member WDW999:

"Obviously this isn't definite as nothing has been released from Disney, but I heard something similar to the hat box ghost could be returning to the haunted mansion in the near future. A friend got this information from a fairly credible source (not a Disney bus driver lol). When the hatbox ghost was first created, effects didn't always work inside the attraction - obviously technology has greatly improved since then. Apparently the new figure will be placed in between the ballroom scene and the attic - there is an empty dark space there now. Actually, if you ride the attraction now and shine a light on that area (while of course being respectful to other riders), there is a hole cut out of the wall and a black drape covering it. Like I said before, this is a rumor as Disney has not released anything, but I hope its right! This would be perfect for the upcoming 40th anniversary of the park and for the attraction! It seems as if the Hatbox ghost has also been showing up in more merchandise, etc. lately - maybe thats a sign as well"

I'm assuming, however, that this member is talking about WDW's Mansion.

With respect to Disneyland, I know more than I'm not telling. (I can't.) Regardless, anything can happen. It has in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post

With respect to Disneyland, I know more than I'm not telling. (I can't.)
    vee haf vays uf making you talk...

pretty please????? (with sugar on top???)

might not be the ideal location, but it might work. it might be a good creepy spot and the lack of lighting might make the effect work better. or course if it were up to me I would remove connie, etc. etc., but that's not likely to happen...

• Minion

Y'know, if I was going to put him in, that's probably where I'd do it, too.

It is highly unlikely they would place the effect anywhere in that area, between the ballroom and attic, since ANY type of light would reflect off the ballroom glass and give away the illusion. As it is already, you can see the "Frank & Connie" portrait somewhat reflected on the ballroom glass, and that is way INSIDE the attic. That is why that "dark" area is there and will always be dark. Now, I'm not saying they wont put Hattie somewhere else inside the attic, just not in that spot at the entrance.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYBIX38 View Post
    It is highly unlikely they would place the effect anywhere in that area, between the ballroom and attic, since ANY type of light would reflect off the ballroom glass and give away the illusion. As it is already, you can see the "Frank & Connie" portrait somewhat reflected on the ballroom glass, and that is way INSIDE the attic. That is why that "dark" area is there and will always be dark. Now, I'm not saying they wont put Hattie somewhere else inside the attic, just not in that spot at the entrance.
    Actually, they could do it. Here's what's there now:

Here it is with the hypothetical HBG in his hypothetical little room. Whether or not you can see him reflected is entirely a matter of where you put his left-hand wall. And even if you craned your neck around and tried to see him directly as you move out onto the balcony, you wouldn't be able to because of the other doombuggies.

They could do whatever they want with his right-hand wall. Keep it as is, shorten it, or eliminate it. If they eliminated it, they would have to make sure there's enough junk to block your view as you're looking at the Marquis tableau, etc. My guess is, they'd drastically shorten it or substitute some junk furniture or something, making the new niche part of the attic. He's "in a corner of the attic," see?

By the way, here's why you're seeing flashes of Frank:

Anywhere in the pink zone you should be able to see glimpses of him between doombuggies.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

That's a valid point, HBG2. I hadnt thought about recessed space they could put him in there. Makes good sense!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Actually, they could do it. Here's what's there now:

Here it is with the hypothetical HBG in his hypothetical little room. Whether or not you can see him reflected is entirely a matter of where you put his left-hand wall. And even if you craned your neck around and tried to see him directly as you move out onto the balcony, you wouldn't be able to because of the other doombuggies.

They could do whatever they want with his right-hand wall. Keep it as is, shorten it, or eliminate it. If they eliminated it, they would have to make sure there's enough junk to block your view as you're looking at the Marquis tableau, etc. My guess is, they'd drastically shorten it or substitute some junk furniture or something, making the new niche part of the attic. He's "in a corner of the attic," see?

By the way, here's why you're seeing flashes of Frank:

Anywhere in the pink zone you should be able to see glimpses of him between doombuggies.
    I don't know, I would prefer him in his original spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I don't know, I would prefer him in his original spot.
    Who wouldn't?! but would you take it? At this point I think I would. It would kind of fit in their (lame) narrative, so I think it's an even greater possibility.

Hey look this guy lost his head. I wonder how that happened?
    Oh.

• Perhaps he knows too much

It could be a problem that the doombuggies, as they pass that hypothetical alcove, are already in the process of rotating to the left, so it kind of doubles-up the speed at which you would pass by the figure. It could end up really blink-and-you-miss-it. Is it trivial to change the rotation of the buggies? I gather it's kind of hard-built into the track itself.

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    Who wouldn't?! but would you take it? At this point I think I would. It would kind of fit in their (lame) narrative, so I think it's an even greater possibility.

Hey look this guy lost his head. I wonder how that happened?
    Oh.
    The (lame) narrative was kinda hinted at in the original attic with the Hatbox Ghost.
    Here is HBG2s blog post on Hattie
    Long-Forgotten: The Hat Box Ghost

The (lame) narrative was kinda hinted at in the original attic with the Hatbox Ghost.
    Here is HBG2s blog post on Hattie
    Long-Forgotten: The Hat Box Ghost
    The (lame) part I'm referring to is Connie being the demise of so many of these characters we've seen up to this point, from the stretch room to this hatbox dude. Hey, maybe Connie killed them ALL. How else did Leota's head get in that ball anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    The (lame) part I'm referring to is Connie being the demise of so many of these characters we've seen up to this point, from the stretch room to this hatbox dude. Hey, maybe Connie killed them ALL. How else did Leota's head get in that ball anyway?
    Uh, only Connie and George are the only ones officially depicted in the stretch room. Ambrose, Reginald and Frank do have a slight resemblance to the 3 quick sand guys but I don't know if that is official or not. The other 2 are Alexander Nitrokoff on the dynamite ( according to one of X's scripts) and the other one is the alligator girl or Sally Slater,(According to that annoying pre-school Teacher I mean Prudence Pock in PLQ but I would prefer to pretend that did not exist.) There are no other real references to Connie outside the attic other rhan the stretching room portrait which is good because I would hate to see the entire ride story-fied. As she exists now I have no issue with Constance except that the DL Version should look better and of course one more groom.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by anazgnos View Post
    It could be a problem that the doombuggies, as they pass that hypothetical alcove, are already in the process of rotating to the left, so it kind of doubles-up the speed at which you would pass by the figure. It could end up really blink-and-you-miss-it. Is it trivial to change the rotation of the buggies? I gather it's kind of hard-built into the track itself.
    That's an issue, but I suppose that a short section of track could be replaced. Or maybe a blink-and-you-missed-it presentation would only make people want to ride again and again.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Uh, only Connie and George are the only ones officially depicted in the stretch room. Ambrose, Reginald and Frank do have a slight resemblance to the 3 quick sand guys but I don't know if that is official or not.
    Even that alone makes it quite lame to me. If you dig it, enjoy.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM