Page 309 of 606 FirstFirst ... 209259284299306307308309310311312319334359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 9081

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    There's a new Hatbox Ghost rumor. The following was obtained from WDW Radio Disney Forums, posted by member WDW999:

"Obviously this isn't definite as nothing has been released from Disney, but I heard something similar to the hat box ghost could be returning to the haunted mansion in the near future. A friend got this information from a fairly credible source (not a Disney bus driver lol). When the hatbox ghost was first created, effects didn't always work inside the attraction - obviously technology has greatly improved since then. Apparently the new figure will be placed in between the ballroom scene and the attic - there is an empty dark space there now. Actually, if you ride the attraction now and shine a light on that area (while of course being respectful to other riders), there is a hole cut out of the wall and a black drape covering it. Like I said before, this is a rumor as Disney has not released anything, but I hope its right! This would be perfect for the upcoming 40th anniversary of the park and for the attraction! It seems as if the Hatbox ghost has also been showing up in more merchandise, etc. lately - maybe thats a sign as well"

I'm assuming, however, that this member is talking about WDW's Mansion.

With respect to Disneyland, I know more than I'm not telling. (I can't.) Regardless, anything can happen. It has in the past.
    I know exactly where this is. There is (or was) a portrait hanging on this black wall. The lighting in this area is actually excellent for the HBG.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    That's an issue, but I suppose that a short section of track could be replaced. Or maybe a blink-and-you-missed-it presentation would only make people want to ride again and again.
    I like that concept. "What was that?", "Did you see that??" Makes people want to ride again and again to catch a better view of him, rather cool, IMO

• Just good enough

With every Hatbox Ghost rumor I've read and going back and doing more research, I can only feel one way at this point, "I'll believe it when I see it." Or for that matter some sort of direct announcement from Disney themselves. I agree that HBG has been making more of a presence through merchandising over the last few years. I don't know if that means there will be a re-appearance on the attraction itself, but one can only hope.

Question for those that adore and admire the Hatbox Ghost, how did you learn about his mysterious origins? I learned just a few months ago from joining these boards but went back and looked at posts from various websites soon thereafter. Did most of you learn about HBG through this site or by other means?
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    With every Hatbox Ghost rumor I've read and going back and doing more research, I can only feel one way at this point, "I'll believe it when I see it." Or for that matter some sort of direct announcement from Disney themselves. I agree that HBG has been making more of a presence through merchandising over the last few years. I don't know if that means there will be a re-appearance on the attraction itself, but one can only hope.

Question for those that adore and admire the Hatbox Ghost, how did you learn about his mysterious origins? I learned just a few months ago from joining these boards but went back and looked at posts from various websites soon thereafter. Did most of you learn about HBG through this site or by other means?

I grew up loving the Story and Song of the Haunted Mansion and always wondered why that vivid and compelling description was there of a ghost we never saw. Then I got the full scoop from doombuggies.com some time ago, around 10 - 15 years.

• I'm a Lutheran

Ever since I learned about the Hatbox Ghost I always have the urge to look over in his former spot: A dark, lonely, empty space with few pieces of furniture and a vast sea of dust. No matter what I always get chills looking at it, as if the old ghost is going to show up from nowhere and attack. Creepy stuff.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Perhaps he knows too much

Question for those that adore and admire the Hatbox Ghost, how did you learn about his mysterious origins?
    In the early 90s when I was a young teenager a friend of mine had a Disney pamphlet or magazine or something, and it had an HM section that had a very small image of one of the Yale Gracey/HBG prototype shots in it, which endlessly baffled me since I knew there was nothing like that in the ride. Then later in the 90s I found doombuggies.com and was like "OHHHHHH!!! So that's what that was."

• Larger Than (After)Life

AHEM! If I may interrupt for one moment...

The gal (and smart cookie) truly knows her "sexy."

• Inhospitable about happy

You may already know my story. But if not,

L
    inky-poo
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Sorry I'm taking so long on that report. You might of heard that we just had an earthquake and are scheduled (tomorrow) for a hurricane. Great.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    Sorry I'm taking so long on that report. You might of heard that we just had an earthquake and are scheduled (tomorrow) for a hurricane. Great.
    Stay safe!

• Mr. Ghost

But what if it's to put that "person trapped in a mirror" effect they've planned for the DL mansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    But what if it's to put that "person trapped in a mirror" effect they've planned for the DL mansion?
    My feeling is that all "trapped" spirits should be confined to upstairs areas before the introduction of Madam Leota. If there is a spot, it might be a good effect for a wall inside the Corridor of Doors. Perhaps with or in place of the grouping of portraits that include The Hatchet Man/Ghost Host, since that wall is static.

• en pace

Almost a year ago, my love of the Haunted Mansion sent me searching for info about it online. I came across Doombuggies.com and read what I could, and perused the forum; however new posts were slow to come. It was there that I believe I saw HBG2 (and therefore my first introduction to Hattie) for the first time, as well as mention of "The Thread".
    Once I found it, I was in Haunted Heaven.

HBG2 is responsible for most of my knowledge of the HM, but most especially about the Hatbox Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    My feeling is that all "trapped" spirits should be confined to upstairs areas before the introduction of Madam Leota. If there is a spot, it might be a good effect for a wall inside the Corridor of Doors. Perhaps with or in place of the grouping of portraits that include The Hatchet Man/Ghost Host, since that wall is static.
    That would be a-mazing! The Mirror Girl is right up there under HBG for me.
    Last edited by RequiesCat; 08-26-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: addition
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

• Member of Baxter's Army

I found out about him through the Surrell book

Quote Originally Posted by RequiesCat View Post
    The Mirror Girl is right up there under HBG for me.
    My personal feeling is that the entity in the mirror should be indistinguishable, since -- in the Corridor of Doors part of The Haunted Mansion -- the spirits have yet to break through and, in fact, are still struggling as evidenced by the door activity. The attraction doesn't need another character, save for a certain bent, wobbly, leering geezer. Adding another prominent female might further confuse the already convoluted goings-on.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM