Page 312 of 596 FirstFirst ... 212262287302309310311312313314315322337362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 8926
  1. #4666

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.
    Posts
    508

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post


    No, I have not. But, on August 25, I did not see the things that you mentioned.

    \\

    Ok. once you go to WDW, you'll notice nitpick-ey things at the land much faster.

    Here are some photos guys and ghouls:





    (I hate it when people get in my shot) >





















    I took some great on-ride shots, but to my dismay, accidently erased them. Oh well.
    Last edited by MasterGracey13; 08-30-2011 at 07:54 PM.

  2. #4667

    • en pace
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The family plot
    Posts
    115

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Those are amazing photos, MG, absolutely lovely! *hoards the lot away, like a rabid squirrel, in my Haunted Mansion file*

    Now then, what was I going to say? Ah, yes! My favorites are the shots of the candelabra sconce and chandelier, as I'm a huge sucker for ambient lighting! As a kid, come Christmastime, we'd pull out the boxes of decorations and in them were a couple of those battery-powered candles you get at Michael's... well, I'd snag one and keep it in my room. At night, when everyone else was in bed I would get up, turn on my little candle, and tip toe down the hall, pretending to be rather frightened of what may be lurking around the corner.
    My love of candlelight goes back quite a way... apparently, so does the desire to scare myself for no good reason.

    All that to say how very, very, very much I would like to find a good shot of this, straight-on:

    (this is, by the way, one of my favorite photos of the HM)

    My desktop wallpaper is the same as the foyer wallpaper (shown above) and I would like to figure out how to make desktop icons of the sconces, paintings, busts, etc... anything that would look at home on my haunted wallpaper.

    All that rambling to say: well done!
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2




  3. #4668

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    My brother just got back from the D23 a few days ago. Yesterday he told me he rode the HM twice. I told him that some people think it's in substandard condition right now, especially with the lighting. He looked puzzled. He thought it looked just fine. Just ghost to show ya.

    He DID mention precisely the same thing THG did in the report above; that the ectoplasmic ghost in the Sťance room doesn't look right. He tried hard to see a face in there, but could not.

    ---------- Post added 08-31-2011 at 09:19 AM ----------

    Whoa, nice pix there, MG. That classic exterior never gets old.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  4. #4669

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.
    Posts
    508

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    He DID mention precisely the same thing THG did in the report above; that the ectoplasmic ghost in the Sťance room doesn't look right. He tried hard to see a face in there, but could not.


    I noticed that too, but didn't mention it (it was my first time riding the DL HM, so I couldn't tell if that was the way it always was).

  5. #4670

    • Honorary Jungle Skipper
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    988

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYBIX38 View Post
    The irony is, that by refusing to re-create some of those lines, Corey Burton is in fact doing a disservice to the attraction, since they have to use someone else who sounds nothing like Paul Frees. Corey should lighten up and use his God-given talent to HELP the attraction, and not let someone else take away from it.
    I actually admire his conviction on this. It's a slippery slope once you start messing around with it. They get him to record a little piece here and there, just for safety spiels or breakdowns, next thing you know they're re-writing portions of the script. Hold the line, Corey.

  6. #4671

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    I actually admire his conviction on this. It's a slippery slope once you start messing around with it. They get him to record a little piece here and there, just for safety spiels or breakdowns, next thing you know they're re-writing portions of the script. Hold the line, Corey.
    It's too bad there isn't more of that "don't mess with perfection" common sense going around.

    Now Star Wars lovers can feel some of the same pain that HM fans have felt since the PLQ debut: George Lucas has put some "NOOOOO" 's into Darth Vader's mouth at the climax of Return of the Jedi, for the Blu-Ray edition. This is not a hoax:

    Darth Vader's 'Nooo!' in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (ACTUAL Blu-Ray Clip) - YouTube

    The man has reeeely gone and lost it. Surely he must know that people were laughing out loud in theaters when DV did this at the end of Return of the Sith? I feel sorry for those who are both SW and HM fanatics (like Chef Mayhem, for example). For them, this is turning out to be a catastrophically bad year.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  7. #4672

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It's too bad there isn't more of that "don't mess with perfection" common sense going around.

    Now Star Wars lovers can feel some of the same pain that HM fans have felt since the PLQ debut: George Lucas has put some "NOOOOO" 's into Darth Vader's mouth at the climax of Return of the Jedi, for the Blu-Ray edition. This is not a hoax:

    Darth Vader's 'Nooo!' in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (ACTUAL Blu-Ray Clip) - YouTube

    The man has reeeely gone and lost it. Surely he must know that people were laughing out loud in theaters when DV did this at the end of Return of the Sith? I feel sorry for those who are both SW and HM fanatics (like Chef Mayhem, for example). For them, this is turning out to be a catastrophically bad year.
    I could live with the first no, but the second, autotuned nooo from Episode 3 just makes me crack up every time.

    What offends me more is what they did with Obi Wan's dragon call. Doesn't even sound like any kind of animal anymore.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  8. #4673

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It's too bad there isn't more of that "don't mess with perfection" common sense going around.

    Now Star Wars lovers can feel some of the same pain that HM fans have felt since the PLQ debut: George Lucas has put some "NOOOOO" 's into Darth Vader's mouth at the climax of Return of the Jedi, for the Blu-Ray edition. This is not a hoax:

    Darth Vader's 'Nooo!' in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (ACTUAL Blu-Ray Clip) - YouTube

    The man has reeeely gone and lost it. Surely he must know that people were laughing out loud in theaters when DV did this at the end of Return of the Sith? I feel sorry for those who are both SW and HM fanatics (like Chef Mayhem, for example). For them, this is turning out to be a catastrophically bad year.
    We haven't had faith in Lucas since the Special Editions of the original trilogy.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


  9. #4674

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    747

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    I lost interest in anything "Star Wars" a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

  10. #4675

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    We haven't had faith in Lucas since the Special Editions of the original trilogy.
    Yeah, but this is practically a middle finger to the fans. How could he possibly not know that the Episode 3 "Nooo!" has been a RUNNING JOKE ever since the film came out?

    This is purely a sympathy post. I always thought Empire Strikes Back was the only really good film in the bunch, although the original Star Wars was fresh and fun in its day. But I've nothing against those who love them more.

    ---------- Post added 08-31-2011 at 08:21 PM ----------

    Reportedly, Lucas has also replaced the rubber Yoda in Empire with a CG Yoda. So one of the most brilliant feats of hand-puppetry ever filmed becomes just another (yawn) CG marvel. Y'all can draw your own parallels with the HHG mirror effect.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  11. #4676

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Yeah, but this is practically a middle finger to the fans. How could he possibly not know that the Episode 3 "Nooo!" has been a RUNNING JOKE ever since the film came out?

    This is purely a sympathy post. I always thought Empire Strikes Back was the only really good film in the bunch, although the original Star Wars was fresh and fun in its day. But I've nothing against those who love them more.

    ---------- Post added 08-31-2011 at 08:21 PM ----------

    Reportedly, Lucas has also replaced the rubber Yoda in Empire with a CG Yoda. So one of the most brilliant feats of hand-puppetry ever filmed becomes just another (yawn) CG marvel. Y'all can draw your own parallels with the HHG mirror effect.
    Actually, it's just the Episode I Yoda puppet that's been replaced with CG, for consistency's sake with the other prequels and in general not looking like the OT puppet all that well. Empire and Jedi's Yoda has been left alone.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  12. #4677

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    C'mon Guys. This is a new generation. Obviously there is no way that they can be impressed with Ewoks not blinking or that silly dragon call. And the "Nooo!"? How are the kids supposed to realize that DV doesn't like what is going on? George Lucas knows what he is doing.




    -I hope that you all realize that I am being sarcastic.

  13. #4678

    • Honorary Jungle Skipper
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    988

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Yeah, but this is practically a middle finger to the fans. How could he possibly not know that the Episode 3 "Nooo!" has been a RUNNING JOKE ever since the film came out?
    I think it's the wall of yes-men ten-feet deep that keep him insulated from such criticisms.

    Star Wars hit when I was just the right age for it to leave a permanent impression on me. Unfortunately, that mark feel more like a bruise post-prequels.

  14. #4679

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Can't help but feel some of what he does is subconciously motivated by spite what with the strain of making the Original Trilogy destroying his marriage and Star Wars in general putting a stop to his plans of doing more low-key films like the just now getting off the ground Tuskugee Airmen movie. I can definitely see Star Wars being as much a curse to Lucas as much as it is a blessing.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  15. #4680

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.
    Posts
    508

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Ok, I think we had our fun. Let's try and steer this conversation back to the HM.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5
    By CaitlinMcFly in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2077
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 02:45 AM
  2. Replies: 2011
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 2544
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 06:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •