Page 318 of 633 FirstFirst ... 218268293308315316317318319320321328343368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 9493

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Incidentally, the guy who enthusiastically set up the second wiki gushes in it that the HM has a fan base in the millions and has become a billion-dollar franchise. When challenged on these claims, his response was, "Words man, they're like just words man" and "Hell, I just put that 'billion dollar' stuff on there because I did not want the wiki to look weak in comparison to the Pirates wiki." That one gets my middle finger.

Setting one up and filling it with organized data sounds to me like a ton of work. I don't think I would have time these days to do that in addition to the blog.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

@HBG - Wow. What an interesting response. Why would anyone write something if it didn't have a grain of truth behind it?!? What would be the "billion-dollar" elements to franchise? That second wiki is lame.

I agree that a new wiki would be a lot of work - maybe too much for any one person - but I would be willing to give it a go, if anybody has any suggestions. It would be a side project for me, but think it would be a very valuable resource. I would not be averse to others from this thread adding or amending, if needed. Any suggestions as to where/how to start?

On another note, one which I don't think has been covered here, what is the general consensus for the upcoming del Toro movie? I saw an interview (don't remember where) which suggested that elements from the movie might be overlayed into the attraction, similar to the "Pirates" upgrade. What are some thoughts on the implications of that?

Personally, I'm wary of any new additions to the Mansion (excluding a personal appearance from you-know-who) but wonder if Tony Baxter would have anything to say about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Mansion one of his "pet" attractions? I wonder if he would let WDI muck with it like they did Pirates?
    Last edited by ww12345; 09-10-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Odd formatting problem - fixed.

• Minion

It wouldn't be too tough of a challenge if it were broken down into specific areas, and have one person administer one page/department/area. For instance, I could write about the Mansion's audio. I've already done some writing on the subject in my Unauthorized CD sets. HBG2 could be in charge of general Mansion history, and so on...

I could do the pictures. I don't think it would be that difficult to do, seeing as most of the pictures are posted on this thread, as well as HBG2, GRD, as well as your blogs. One challenge will be finding the wiki site that would best suit our needs.

Shall we start a section signup process?

• Minion

I'd say go with Disney Wiki, just for the sake of injecting some new blood into the place and bringing up the quality. There's too many tiny specific-Disney franchise wikis out there rather then having the Disney fans cooperate on a massive scale like the Muppet Wiki.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

@FigmentJedi - Is this the page you are talking about? The Haunted Mansion - Disney Wiki
    To me, it just looks like a clone of the Wikipedia article. I think what Grinning Ghost is talking about is on the level of the Muppet Wiki, though I could be wrong. One thing that will work in the favor of this particular wiki is the somewhat finite nature of the material - the creation of the new Muppet Movie vs. The Haunted Mansion, which if just describing the Mansion itself, is more limiting.

What it seems like would be ideal is a wiki that will be like a super-version of the Thread. ie: a searchable database with pictures, video, audio, history, etc. One topic that brings up is the issue of copyright. If I understand it correctly, all pictures/text/video and audio will be exempt, inasmuch as they are being used as educational tools. Other than giving credit, I believe that most of what is already here falls under Fair Use.

Grinning Ghost, does it sound like we are on the same track?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    @FigmentJedi - Is this the page you are talking about? The Haunted Mansion - Disney Wiki
    To me, it just looks like a clone of the Wikipedia article. I think what Grinning Ghost is talking about is on the level of the Muppet Wiki, though I could be wrong. One thing that will work in the favor of this particular wiki is the somewhat finite nature of the material - the creation of the new Muppet Movie vs. The Haunted Mansion, which if just describing the Mansion itself, is more limiting.
    That's what I'm thinking. Overhaul the Mansion articles and deliver a much improved result. Maybe split the Mansion's locations to go into more of that Long Forgotten Thread detail. A lot of the park articles in general on that Wiki need help. Pirates page is almost more of a description of the overall franchise then the attraction.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

Hmmm... That might work... I didn't know that there was any room for expansion on that page as far as media (which may take a lot of space) goes. I might start playing around with it tonight, and if it develops enough, maybe splitting it into its own wiki.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    Hmmm... That might work... I didn't know that there was any room for expansion on that page as far as media (which may take a lot of space) goes. I might start playing around with it tonight, and if it develops enough, maybe splitting it into its own wiki.
    That and for specific Mansion scenes, one could always use the location excuse to split it up. Also character pages
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

So, I worked on this for about 30 minutes, and just got about to the load area partially finished. What do you guys (and girls) think so far?

The Haunted Mansion - Disney Wiki

• Minion

It's looking promising so far. I'll also be around to help out a bit with the formatting.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Minion

Does anyone know where to buy this tee shirt other than at the Magic Kingdom?

As far as availability elsewhere, I don't know. I know that here in California, you can call a number (don't remember what the number is) and can order items. I know because I had to do that to buy the Haunted Mansion t-shirt from this park - it was out of stock except in XXL and XS!
    I wonder if they underestimate how many people might want these shirts...

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Does anyone know where to buy this tee shirt other than at the Magic Kingdom?

I posted a thread on that picture a LONG time ago, I'm still looking for a good scan on MK's HM attraction poster ._.

This is the only picture I have of that poster. I'll keep looking, though.

Name:  HauntedMansionTinSigns.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  20.9 KB

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM