Page 329 of 586 FirstFirst ... 229279304319326327328329330331332339354379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 8789

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I'm not so sure about fear of the unknown, and that's what scares me.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Yup, "Creep Mode" - Amazing what you can do with modern electronics!
    I want "Creepy-Creep-With-Eerie-Eyes Mode" -- inside the attic scene.

---------- Post added 10-06-2011 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Here's a MAJOR reason why interactivity and haunted houses don't mix: ghosts are not supposed to be predictable. Like I say, there's nothing eerie about a vending machine. If you push button A and ghost B proceeds to do something, even if it's one of ten different things, that is about as unghostly, as unspooky as anything I can imagine.
    Oh, I don't know. If I pushed a button on a vending machine, expecting a bag of chips, and a ghastly demon (like Chernabog) jumped out instead, I'd be surprised. But that's not what you're talking about, is it?

Besides, I think those are just for Disney execs -- in the private lounge.

I'm working on a new blog post, and it has a premise that just begs to be turned into a guessing game over here first.

"In the HM, what full tableau (not simply an isolated effect) attracts the least notice?"

In other words, which one inspires the least amount of commentary anywhere in Mansiondom? There are two good candidates, IMO, but one of them is arguably part of a larger tableau.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    If I pushed a button on a vending machine, expecting a bag of chips, and a ghastly demon (like Chernabog) jumped out instead, I'd be surprised.
    Especially if you pushed the button for Cherry-Chernabog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

There is a reading table of some sort in the ballroom, I believe, yes? Little scene there, which I have trouble recalling the specifics of, so there you go. Either that or the hatstand/dresser at the end of the ballroom hall, before the attic (but we've talked about that here already in passing in this thread).

A fuller, more self-contained tableau. And both of those have gotten more bandwidth.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

The shadow piano players?
    I am far too sleep deprived to think right now.

• Minion

The library, maybe?

shadow pianists and library...both of those have been talked about more.

• We Go On.

Bycicle banshees? The attic exterior window? The staircase? The spooked caretaker and his dog?

My first guess would've been the nighttime scene outside the Portrait Hallway windows, but we've done at least a bit of serious talking about it. One set of characters we never really seem to talk about is the Tea Partyers (regardless of how grammatically incorrect that may be . . .), especially the two toasting at the table. But then that could be ruled out because it's technically part of the fuller tableaux that is the Graveyard . . . ?
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Mr. Ghost

This might have been discussed on GRD's old blog, but what about that small table at the 2007 refurb WDW's Haunted Mansion. It was near the drapes where the Doombuggies would enter the load area. There was a debate on FAQ boards if I remember right, where the book on that table was either opened to ghost or death.
    Was it settled on these threads?

The only decent photos of it were on Haunted Mansion.info, but the site is not working
    Last edited by Mr.Fenwright; 10-07-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: incorrect use of past tense

Nope, nope, nope, and nope.

The bikers have been discussed quite a bit in connection with the dates of the ghosts and whether objects the ghosts are using are part of the ghost or something picked up locally. Attic window? Wouldn't call it a "full tableau." Same for the little table with a book on it at WDW. The Caretaker has used up a lot of bandwidth as a key piece of evidence that the events you're seeing have never happened before. We've talked more than once about whether his dog is the same as the dog by the Mummy. The entire graveyard is hardly a tableau. There are many tableaux in the graveyard. For example, I'd call the band a distinct tableau; likewise the singing busts. The teaparty around the hearse is not a bad guess, but I've done an entire post on the Death Coach, with that one discussed in the process. The toasting couple is a very good choice, and you can make a case that it wins the prize. That was one of the two I meant when I said there are two good possibilities, except someone could argue that it's part of the full teaparty tableau, in which case it loses to the one I have in mind. And yes, we've discussed the window scene in the portrait hall, although not a great deal.

This is amazing. There's nothing tricky about it. It's an unambiguous, full, distinct tableau by anyone's definition, you see it every time you ride, you've seen countless pictures of it, it's mentioned in passing in other discussions, and yet the scene itself has never actually been discussed. I mean, it's never been the subject of a discussion, here or anywhere else, as far as I know, with the exception of a brief look at a special effect that was originally planned for it but not used. There have also been a few new photos of it posted when they came to light; just, "hey, here's a new photo of _____," and nothing more.

Is it the Hitch-Hiking Ghosts? I don't think we've covered them in detail, yet.

Close but....

no

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM