Page 330 of 605 FirstFirst ... 230280305320327328329330331332333340355380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 9075

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Very well, I shall bite. The ruined/walled off exit crypt with the Rolly Crump/Beauty and the Beast torch holders.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

The crypt?

(RegionsBeyond beat me to it. It's what I get for not refreshing the page before I post!

• en pace

Since the crypt has already been guessed, I'll say... the raven above the exit crypt? I don't know if that could necessarily be considered a tableau, but I'm throwing it out there.
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

• Inhospitable about happy

The crypts in the exit (DL) are actually an excellent guess. Hadn't thought about them, but they're on a par with our mystery tableau. I don't know if they've ever been discussed (beyond the Cocteau-Crump torches). Raven on exit don't count. Not irrefutably a full tableau.

When it's finally guessed (or revealed), there are going to be face-palms all around. It's so familiar and so obvious that I think the mind just sloshes over it and past it, vaguely assuming that it has been discussed. You guys are giving me great copy for the opening paragraphs. It's managed to become long-forgotten even though it's still there!
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I look forward to seeing this mystery revealed then, hmm...we've talked about the skeletal hound in past, I am rather sure, though it is obscure for the average guest. Couldn't be little Leota, as we discussed her? Didn't we? Kind of a odd thing there, not much to discuss, apart from the kind of level of why...shrunken human, possessed doll, etc...you know, that might actually be it, barring going back and searching all the threads in detail....

Hellhound—been discussed more
    Little Leota—been discussed more

• Minion

To briefly interrupt, there was a brief stop right after the load today and I managed a long exposure of the left griffin and I thought it might be of interest:

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I look forward to seeing this mystery revealed then, hmm...we've talked about the skeletal hound in past, I am rather sure, though it is obscure for the average guest. Couldn't be little Leota, as we discussed her? Didn't we? Kind of a odd thing there, not much to discuss, apart from the kind of level of why...shrunken human, possessed doll, etc...you know, that might actually be it, barring going back and searching all the threads in detail....
    I don't know, have we discussed LL in the past? (BTW, not sure if I mentioned it, but ascending the exit crypt and seeing Little leota to the left was one of my favorite parts of the DL HM).

(EDIT)

-refreshes page-

Ok, guess we have

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Could it be the opera ghost with the headsman and Gus?
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    To briefly interrupt, there was a brief stop right after the load today and I managed a long exposure of the left griffin and I thought it might be of interest:

Nice. I feel like the griffins continuously get overlooked.
    Last edited by MasterGracey13; 10-08-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Nice gryphon. I love 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
    Could it be the opera ghost with the headsman and Gus?
    I did a whole post on the Opera pair at the ol' blog. The Gus-Headsman-Knight team has certainly been discussed (I'm talking about a whole tableau here what gets no wuv, not simply one character within a tableau.) Did a whole post on the knight too, based on a discussion that took place here first. Gus . . . needless to say, no.

• Minion

I'm a lurker on these discussions, rarely post, but I'm going to take a gamble and guess the Conservatory scene with the corpse trying to escape the coffin?

• en pace

The "seesaw" ghosts? (edit: just found that they're called the King, Queen, and Duchess)
    Last edited by RequiesCat; 10-08-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    - HBG2

The knight and Cleopatra on the Chandelier with Pickwick?

• en pace

BTW: Does anyone have any pictures of the stairway to the right of the limbo/loading area? I hunted down the thread where Orbitalpunk had posted his picture of it, but the photo no longer exists there.
    Last edited by RequiesCat; 10-09-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: grammar
    - HBG2

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM