Page 331 of 616 FirstFirst ... 231281306321328329330331332333334341356381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 9236

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    To briefly interrupt, there was a brief stop right after the load today and I managed a long exposure of the left griffin and I thought it might be of interest:

What are those lights behind the Griffin? Looks kinda like a fireplace. And what is covered in a sheet on the left? A chair of some sort?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

It's a ride control/E-Stop or such panel, doubtless, since a CM is always standing there: that's the side of the platform where they take wheelchair guests for loading.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by RequiesCat View Post
    The "seesaw" ghosts? (edit: just found that they're called the King, Queen, and Duchess)
    Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

There was once a brief discussion about whether the dutchess is old or young, and a brief discussion of the fact that the original plan was for the king and queen to appear and disappear. Some close-up shots of the the king one time. I think that's it. No love for the graveyard playground. No discussion of the scene itself at all. (I exclude the hellhound from the tableau; he's really between tableaux.)
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

I love griffon photos. The new one matches up with another old photo well enough to do this, just for giggles (or shivers?).

• Minion

The load area in CA has it all over the one in FL.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Not the best quality, but very atmospheric in 2 cases: 3 creepy creeps from Florida's Mansion

WDW April 2011 - Venturing into the Haunted Mansion by PeterPanFan, on Flickr

• en pace

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.
    Hooray!

There was once a brief discussion about whether the dutchess is old or young, and a brief discussion of the fact that the original plan was for the king and queen to appear and disappear. Some close-up shots of the the king one time. I think that's it. No love for the graveyard playground. No discussion of the scene itself at all. (I exclude the hellhound from the tableau; he's really between tableaux.)
    Those imagineers seem to have had a terrible time with that disappearing-reappearing effect!
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

Reader "Melissa" at the ol' bloggeroo exhumed something delightful, a Gilbert and Sullivan ditty that pretty much belongs at the head of the class when it comes to early examples of the spooky song genre to which GGG is a proud contribution.

WHEN THE NIGHT WIND HOWLS

by: W.S. Gilbert (1836-1911)

When the night wind howls
    In the chimney cowls,
    And the bat in the moonlight flies,
    And the inky clouds,
    Like funeral shrouds,
    Sail over the midnight skies--

When the footpads quail
    At the night-bird’s wail,
    And black dogs bay at the moon,
    Then is the spectre’s holiday--
    Then is the ghost’s high noon!

Ha! Ha!

Then is the ghost’s high noon!
    As the sob of the breeze
    Sweeps over the trees
    And the mists lie low on the fen,
    From grey tomb-stones
    Are gathered the bones
    That once were women and men,

And away they go,
    With a mop and a mow,
    To the revel that ends too soon,
    For c0ck crow limits our holiday--
    The dead of the night’s high noon!

Ha! Ha!

And then each ghost
    With his ladye-toast
    To their church yard beds take flight,
    With a kiss, perhaps,
    On her lantern chaps,
    And a grisly grim, “good night!”

Till the welcome knell
    Of the midnight bell
    Rings forth its jolliest tune,
    And ushers in our next high holiday--

Ha! Ha!

------------

I've edited it into the Midnight Jamboree post.

Haunted Mansion gameplay from Kinect Disneyland Adventures coming soon for Xbox 360:
    Kinect Disneyland Adventures "Haunted Mansion" Gameplay in High Definition

• Minion

Reader "Melissa" at the ol' bloggeroo exhumed something delightful, a Gilbert and Sullivan ditty that pretty much belongs at the head of the class when it comes to early examples of the spooky song genre to which GGG is a proud contribution.

WHEN THE NIGHT WIND HOWLS

by: W.S. Gilbert (1836-1911)
    The cool thing about that song is that it's sung by a chorus of ancestral portraits who have just come to life to haunt the house's current occupant. Very HM.

---------- Post added 10-12-2011 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Haunted Mansion gameplay from Kinect Disneyland Adventures coming soon for Xbox 360:
    Kinect Disneyland Adventures "Haunted Mansion" Gameplay in High Definition
    Gorgeous! It'd be tempting to just wander around instead of playing. I wonder if that's Corey Burton doing the narration.

Madame Leota, Republican

Sorry to break it to you Democrats, but Madame Leota evidently wants to become the GOP presidential nominee for the 2012 election. I've known about her political inclinations for some time, but I didn't want the Thread to get mired in controversy.

Last night at Dartmouth, the candidates for the Republican nomination held a round table debate.

Utterly unnoticed by the media, Madame Leota was there with one of her signature scrying tables close by:

Not only did she fail to get a single question, but Charlie Rose kept sitting on her. Anything to squelch her presence, it seems. She might as well have been invisible (except, um, she was). You have to ask: what are they afraid of? (alright, ghosts, but what else?). Michelle Bachmann, the only other female candidate at the table, seemed to be the only one aware of her presence, making a sly comment about turning Herman Cain's "9-9-9" program upside down, because the devil is always in the details. I swear I saw her winking at Mdm L at that point (one of those "you go girl" sisterish things, I guess).

Why would the media ignore one of their own? Well, it must be admitted, Mdm L has a number of things going against her. A shady past (to say the least). No visible means of support. Hard to pin her down; seems to drift. But on the other hand (if she had any), some of her policy positions are well-known. She supports the Head Start program, and she supports a woman's right to ooze. She has great cross-over appeal. (Making such appeals is pretty much what she does all day.) When queried about the future, most other candidates preface their remarks with, "Well, I don't have a crystal ball...," but our candidate? Never. She gives a rousing campaign speech, they say, rapping on a table and saying, "It's time to respond!" with a note of authority in her voice. People say she has an uncanny ability to awaken their spirits.

Vote for the Float

• Minion

No visible means of support? I can see that wire as plain as day!

Also, GOP = Ghostly Oracle Party.

I say, "Send them a message, from regions beyond!"

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

While we seem to be in a lull, I feel that it is the best time to say that I will be indefinitely leaving the boards. I wish to express my greatest thanks to all of you for a wonderful two years of conversation about one of Disney's finest attractions (yes, even with PLQ). I am not at liberty to say why I am leaving, though, I do so with a heavy heart. I will miss you all greatly.
    I will be scanning the boards every-so-often (a "you won't see me, but I'll see you" situation )

I'll see you all a little later....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Sorry to hear you are departing, MG.....fare thee well, and hurry back...hurry back.....as you are able...

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM