Page 332 of 599 FirstFirst ... 232282307322329330331332333334335342357382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 8985

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Definitely a loss around here. You'll be missed.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• hatbox ghost believer

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

We will miss you MG. But we will definitely feel your presence!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Sad Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Indeed a loss. I never had much contact with you, MG, but you seem like a great person who is very knowledgeable about the Haunted Mansion.
    I hope that you can come and visit us again very soon.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

A rarely photographed element of the HM, due to darkness and relative smallness/distance, no doubt: the graveyard owls

Haunted Mansion Holiday by Loren Javier, on Flickr

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Madame Leota, Republican

Sorry to break it to you Democrats, but Madame Leota evidently wants to become the GOP presidential nominee for the 2012 election. I've known about her political inclinations for some time, but I didn't want the Thread to get mired in controversy.

Last night at Dartmouth, the candidates for the Republican nomination held a round table debate.

Utterly unnoticed by the media, Madame Leota was there with one of her signature scrying tables close by:

Not only did she fail to get a single question, but Charlie Rose kept sitting on her. Anything to squelch her presence, it seems. She might as well have been invisible (except, um, she was). You have to ask: what are they afraid of? (alright, ghosts, but what else?). Michelle Bachmann, the only other female candidate at the table, seemed to be the only one aware of her presence, making a sly comment about turning Herman Cain's "9-9-9" program upside down, because the devil is always in the details. I swear I saw her winking at Mdm L at that point (one of those "you go girl" sisterish things, I guess).

Why would the media ignore one of their own? Well, it must be admitted, Mdm L has a number of things going against her. A shady past (to say the least). No visible means of support. Hard to pin her down; seems to drift. But on the other hand (if she had any), some of her policy positions are well-known. She supports the Head Start program, and she supports a woman's right to ooze. She has great cross-over appeal. (Making such appeals is pretty much what she does all day.) When queried about the future, most other candidates preface their remarks with, "Well, I don't have a crystal ball...," but our candidate? Never. She gives a rousing campaign speech, they say, rapping on a table and saying, "It's time to respond!" with a note of authority in her voice. People say she has an uncanny ability to awaken their spirits.

Vote for the Float
    The sad truth is she would probably be the best candidate. LOL!

• Mr. Ghost

Last time I linked to a tumblr post that may have been a starting point for GGG, But I can go one better: HBG2's recent blog post pointed out that Lon Chaney in London After Midnight(1927) was a possible model for the Hatbox Ghost in dress and pose, I can ask if Chaney's famous Phantom Of The Opera make-up was inspiration for the Hatbox/Ezra face. Another point keeps me up: The graveyard at the beginning of another classic, Frankenstein (1931) being a model for the churchyard in the Night on Bald Mountain segment of Fantasia(1940). The only similarty I could think of was the statue of death that Colin Clive throws a shovelful of dirt at, and a few crosses. But those just might be cliched horror stand-by graveyards.

• Minion

Do you know, I don't think I've ever actually SEEN owls in the graveyard before! Bless the Internet!

And of course Leota would be the perfect candidate. Heck, dead people end up voting in most elections!

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Do you know, I don't think I've ever actually SEEN owls in the graveyard before! Bless the Internet!
    Reaching our bony hand back, back, back into the depths of the eternal Thread, we find the Great Owl Post from about two and a half years ago.

Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Episode 4 A New Hope

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

WHoa. They just made a joke about the Republican debate looking like a seance on SNL!

Aha, see? SEE? The moment is right. Soon, the head will be ahead.

Meanwhile, Herman Cain is attracting a lot of attention with his "9-9-9" plan. Hey, where have we seen 999 before? Is this a not-so-subtle bid for a VP slot on the ticket?
    Last edited by HBG2; 10-16-2011 at 07:56 AM.

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

OFF TOPIC: Whenever I hear him say "9-9-9" all I can think about is the Beatles' "Revolution 9". Number 9... Number 9... Number 9...

ON TOPIC: I've always loved the animals in the graveyard. The owls and the cats never get any attention because not a lot is drawn to them, but they're fantastic details. By the way, my memory may be playing tricks on me, but isn't there a second skinny puppy somewhere later on in the graveyard?
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Yoiks!

The dog is getting the skinny from the mumbling mummy.

MG13, it is too bad you are leaving. Changing your header to "suspended" makes it seem like the micecops are on your case though. Hopefully it for a less ominous reason.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

In the realm of classy, Mansion inspired art:

The Hanged Man - William Basso

mixed media and collage on panel - 14” x 18”

Basso Art - The Art of William Basso, Bill Basso

• We Go On.

That's a nice piece! Kind of creepy, too. Excuse me while I have a few nightmares.

I've seen plenty of HM-inspired art. That one is pretty good.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM