Page 337 of 559 FirstFirst ... 237287327334335336337338339340347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 8372

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

As I understand it... The sprinkler system confined the fire to the attic and some office & storage space on the top floor, but then the water did some damage of it's own - Nothing major. All the really good stuff is on the lower floors AIUI.

But the roof is toast because they flat out *Assaulted* that fire with a "Forty-Second Alarm" (reported 100+ firemen) and when they ventilated the roof, brother they really ventilated it.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they put some of those big theatrical fire vent hatches on the roof when they put it all back together again, and beef up the rest of the exhaust fans.

Between that fire (Franklin west of Highland) and the West Hollywood Halloween Street Party near the Design Center (Santa Monica and LaCienega CLOSED all day and all night) I decided that a little service call at Fountain and LaCienega could easily wait till tomorrow. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Thanks for sharing this with us! AWESOME!!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    We've talked before here about the re-use of head sculpts for the HM, mainly from Pirates (the duelists, assorted graveyard ghosts), but this one I am about to mention I don't believe was touched on at all that I remember here: alongside several sculpts from World of Motion at Epcot (used for the bank robber, sheriff, and others), Phantom Manor's 'mayor' character is in fact The Dreamfinder from Journey Into Imagination!

Mayor by Elysia in Wonderland, on Flickr

http://www.hiddendlrp.com/wp-content...indermayor.jpg

Kind of hard to miss now that you've got a frame of reference, isn't it?
    Now I can't help imagining Figment's head mounted on the wall...

• Larger Than (After)Life

Speaking of heads, one of my Facebook friends has this head that he told me has been in his family for decades. It was received as a gift and he believes it to be original. His family brings it out for Halloween. Don't you think it looks like the Hatbox Ghost prototype head? I'm sure that more than one was cast in the 1960s.

Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 11-01-2011 at 04:19 PM.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Any one else a little bit concerned about this passage from Al's article today?
    "While TDA now has a small group of senior managers who have been assigned to the NextGen project for the Anaheim parks, they are just mainly observing the WDW projects from afar. The Cars Land queues were built with lots of extra room however, as it is widely assumed by both WDI and TDA that the NextGen concept will arrive in Anaheim once the bugs are worked out in WDW."

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Speaking of heads, one of my Facebook friends has this head that he told me has been in his family for decades. It was received as a gift and he believes it to be original. His family brings it out for Halloween. Don't you think it looks like the Hatbox Ghost prototype head? I'm sure that more than one was cast in the 1960s.

That's an honest-to-gosh Ezra/HBG head. The prototype head is the same. They're all from the same mold: the only differences between any of them are due to paint. The only ones I'm not sure about are the mirror-gag rod-puppet Ezra heads, which might be from a different mold.

Where these folks got it...who knows? The rod-puppet Ezras got replaced now and then, but if it isn't one of those, it's an extra HHG or HBG head. How it escaped is anyone's guess how it escaped.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

As far as I know, the HBG was the only one that had a painted tooth. Not completely sure if the others have a painted tooth like that.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    As far as I know, the HBG was the only one that had a painted tooth. Not completely sure if the others have a painted tooth like that.
    Except it's the wrong tooth.

ah ha, I see. I was looking at some photos of Yale Gracey and unfortunately those ones don't have any painted teeth.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

The prototype is either missing a lower tooth or it's painted black. Otherwise, it does appear to be legitimate, and from the same mold.

Name:  tumblr_l688hh7pvW1qcemvio1_500.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  99.1 KB

Top: mirror-gag Ezra
    Mid left: the new one, privately owned
    Mid right: the prototype
    Bottom left: HBG
    Bottom rt: old shot of Ezra

IMO, the only differences are paint.

And before someone gets excited, the mirror-gag Ezra photo is an artificial composition; that's why he's NOT reversed as in a mirror.

It looks like an old Ezra head. I'm wondering whether or not the missing tooth could be there but we can't see it due to the camera angle. This is really interesting.

One thing is for sure though, I would sure like one.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I'm wondering whether or not the missing tooth could be there but we can't see it due to the camera angle.
    Almost certainly. Just look at the Ezra head bottom right, at a similar angle. The gap becomes virtually invisible.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Mid left: the new one, privately owned
    Mid right: the prototype
    If you ask me, the privately-owned head looks identical to the prototype, with the exception of the painted tooth and the irises in the eyes being slightly larger. But, as HBG2 said, that's paint.

The owner of the head said that it was received by "someone the family knows" as a gift of gratitude from either Yale Gracey or Wathel Rogers. And again, it's been where it is currently "for decades."

I've asked my Facebook friend to photograph it from all sides in great detail. I'd like to have the images as artistic references. I don't know if my request will be carried out, but I hope so.

What a wonderful Disney/Haunted Mansion artifact to possess! I'll admit that I am quite envious, although I'm extremely glad for having been shown the image that I've shared here.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM