Page 345 of 586 FirstFirst ... 245295320335342343344345346347348355370395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 8789

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Okay, trivia #2 really is trivial. In the Montmartre district of Paris in the 1890's, directly across the street from the famed Cabaret du Néant (which we've visited several times), stood the Cabaret du Ciel ("Cabaret of Heaven"). A postcard from there has always struck me as having a faint, weird resemblance to a piece of Marc Davis concept art for the Great Hall, although I doubt there's any direct influence:

I don't know - that postcard bears a striking resemblance to the Ballroom set. As if the set had been adapted from it, Doombuggy balcony, table, etc... And that stone face at the end of the Portrait Hall concept art is amazingly like the one in the postcard. The similarities seem close enough to me to think Marc Davis just may have seen this postcard, or perhaps even a photograph of the Cabaret du Ciel.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Trivia #3. Just a still from the Eddie Murphy 2003 Haunted Mansion movie, showing how closely the film's sets sometimes mimicked the real HM. As many have pointed out, the set design and artwork for the film are probably its best features:

This was the one and only scene in the film that I felt bore any resemblance to an actual set in the HM. I mean really nailed it, not just a suggestion or some elements of the real thing. I was actually a little disappointed when Eddie Murphy turned the corner and encountered the breathing door instead of the "eerie-lit limbo of boundless mist and decay" and a line of Doombuggies swishing quietly by. None of the rest of the sets, grand and elaborate as they may have been, ever looked like they came straight out of the HM itself.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Agreed: for that one moment of the film, it was damn near perfect and made me briefly forget about the mediocrity that came before, but then it went right back to being mediocre. Very cool old-timey art as well...thanks!

And now, for perhaps the best non-official shot of this I've seen yet:

Haunts by -Pacis-, on Flickr

Not sure if it is Anaheim or Magic Kingdom version, but leaning towards WDW.

• Inhospitable about happy

Great shot indeed. It's Disneyland. It's easy to tell, as the characters are standing in a different order at WDW.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    And now, for perhaps the best non-official shot of this I've seen yet:

Haunts by -Pacis-, on Flickr

Not sure if it is Anaheim or Magic Kingdom version, but leaning towards WDW.
    Wow - if you had not said it was a non-official photo, I would have thought it was official! Looks like a postcard. I wonder how they got such a good shot in such low light...

• Larger Than (After)Life

In case you haven't heard, here's the latest news of my return from a leading Disney authority:

So, this guy got this news from a Haunted Mansion cast member? um, not sure If I trust that source. Cast Members usually know nothing regarding changes to elements of attractions, especially if they are trying to keep it on the down-low.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I had a Mansion butler tell me the same, that Hatbox was coming back (and yes, I was wearing this shirt at the time which prompted it) after Haunted Mansion Holiday.

This was two years ago It could have been talks, but we all know things change, even if a front of line CM does have some info.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Wow - if you had not said it was a non-official photo, I would have thought it was official! Looks like a postcard. I wonder how they got such a good shot in such low light...
    The EXIF metadata tells all - Nikon D700 (REALLY nice camera) with f1.4/50mm (at least a mid-range lens, the more basic models stop at f/1.8), at ISO 6400 (my Rebel XT tops out at 1600), exposure of 1/15 of a second. In other words, nice equipment, likely a crawl (if not a full stop); sdd in a bit of luck (at 1/15 of a second you've got to have a steady hand whether you're moving or not) and you can get a gorgeous shot like this. Of course, then you also have to have the eye and skill to compose the shot. Lovely, indeed. Makes me want to upgrade my camera...
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    In case you haven't heard, here's the latest news of my return from a leading Disney authority:

This same rumor comes up at this time every year: that HBG will return after HMH. Bah! I'll believe it when I see it!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    The EXIF metadata tells all - Nikon D700 (REALLY nice camera) with f1.4/50mm (at least a mid-range lens, the more basic models stop at f/1.8), at ISO 6400 (my Rebel XT tops out at 1600), exposure of 1/15 of a second. In other words, nice equipment, likely a crawl (if not a full stop); sdd in a bit of luck (at 1/15 of a second you've got to have a steady hand whether you're moving or not) and you can get a gorgeous shot like this. Of course, then you also have to have the eye and skill to compose the shot. Lovely, indeed. Makes me want to upgrade my camera...
    Thanks for the info, but it's all Greek to me!

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    This same rumor comes up at this time every year: that HBG will return after HMH. Bah!
    Don't you think I know that? Didn't you detect my tongue-in-cheekiness when I referred to the source as a "leading Disney authority"? Still....

Wouldn't it be nice if the kid is right?

Btw, I have long lusted after that camera -- and just about any digital SLR with crisp, clear low-light capability.

---------- Post added 12-19-2011 at 07:03 PM ----------

That camera costs more than I spent for my Hattie-wagon.

• Minion

Don't you think I know that? Didn't you detect my tongue-in-cheekiness when I referred to the source as a "leading Disney authority"? Still...
    Actually no - I didn't notice. Went right to the video without pausing to comprehend your whole sentence.

• Minion

Wouldn't it be nice if the kid is right?
    He's a modern Cassandra!

• Yoiks!

Scary Christmas everyone!

• Cunning infiltrator

After waiting for 79 minutes for the Haunted Mansion Holiday last night. I'd think I still prefer the original Haunted Mansion. HMH broke down during my trip for a long time until it opened again later at night. Also, the new effects and stuff are interesting and very Holiday/Halloween. It's still too bright as I can see naughty backstage bits. So, I prefer the original without Jack invading the beloved mansion. Even, though I rode HMH more than once back in 2007 and 2009.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Scary Christmas, All! I thought you might enjoy the slightly scary but very merry Holiday card I created this year: Name:  405417_344273325598141_230421156983359_1415127_2108914682_n.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  101.1 KB

This piece was the culmination of a "12 Days of X-Mas" thing I organized on my Facebook -- it includes all the pieces from the previous 12 days, which can be seen individually here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6983359&type=1

The original size of this image can be found here: http://brandonhardy-art.com/resource...erry X-mas.jpg

Enjoy the this time with the people you love and create memories worth keeping forever!

-Brandon
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM