Page 346 of 584 FirstFirst ... 246296321336343344345346347348349356371396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 8757

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Looks like there may be a new addition to the WDW HM.

This video was uploaded on December 23.
    Between the ballroom & attic scenes, there's something under a sheet (6:32-6:35).

Since 2007, this space was where the glasses/cat lady Sinister 11 portrait was located.

So what do you think it is? A portrait? A mirror?

Hopefully it doesn't suck too much, whatever it is.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

HBG? If they needed a dark place to put it, that's exactly where I'd put it. I'm not excited about it. It's probably something minor.

I don't think it's a portrait or anything like that. It appears to be covering up some type of area rather than an actual object. I was thinking that this curtain has always been there but as I think about it, I've taken closer looks of that area myself and I do know that there has never been a curtain there.
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 12-27-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

I wonder if it could be the mirror gag HBG2 had suggested might go there. Seems a bit of an odd place for the Hatbox Ghost. Even if they do put him in, his head is supposed to be timed to the bride's heartbeat. Connie has no heart, and they wouldn't even be in the same room...

A still from the video (by Strange & Frightening Sounds.com):

Name:  HM-New mystery object.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  13.2 KB

Curiouser and curiouser...
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 12-27-2011 at 01:39 PM.

I think that the HBG could act in a way that he no longer use a heartbeat. If you look at the end, it does look like it could be something hunching over. I thought I heard somewhere that this spot was being considered since it has a low-light level. It is actually in the attic.

Not sure it's Hatty, but it's sure gets ya thinking
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Yeah, I suspect that if the Hatbox Ghost returns, he won't have the same relationship to the attic bride he did in '69. She's just changed too much, and has her own story now.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    It is actually in the attic.
    No, that's not part of the attic, it's the left wall of the balcony, just as the car turns to go up and into the attic. Right where cat lady's picture was, and a hall tree before that. (Hall tree may have been DL - I forget now.)

Turns out this video is from Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, so it's not as recent as first thought.

I thought that small portion of the wall with that "dark" painting was all of the balcony wall. Too bad it's not as recent as originally thought, I wonder what's there now.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Looks like there may be a new addition to the WDW HM.

This video was uploaded on December 23.
    Between the ballroom & attic scenes, there's something under a sheet (6:32-6:35).

Since 2007, this space was where the glasses/cat lady Sinister 11 portrait was located.

So what do you think it is? A portrait? A mirror?

Hopefully it doesn't suck too much, whatever it is.
    A Hatbox Ghost?

---------- Post added 12-28-2011 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Yeah, I suspect that if the Hatbox Ghost returns, he won't have the same relationship to the attic bride he did in '69. She's just changed too much, and has her own story now.
    I don't know, HBG seems to fit Connie like a glove

• Inhospitable about happy

A few more screen grabs...

...and a crude montage of those:

It looks to me more like a portrait than anything else. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably going to be something like the Aunt Maude portrait in the HHG tableau. You know, more "fun clues" for the Dread Family mystery, that exciting new addition that everyone is talking about.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

It's funny because it just looks like a a white sheet to me.

Apparently Connie doesn't like to do laundry.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

But is it a Purple Sheet?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Oh, the sheet . . .

. . . Don't get too excited.

That sheet (which is Black - the Night vision must have messed with the color in the camera) has been there since before I last visited The World in August. I made a point of looking for it after hearing mention of it somewhere on the interwebs. I asked a cast member friend about it while I was there and a few days later they told me they'd done some investigating. Their understanding was that they were experimenting with some sort of Data Receiver back there, something to be used for this whole big "Next Gen" theme park experience to take in information from RFID Chips as they pass by. From the way it was described it sounds a lot like part of the X-Pass idea that's come to light recently and is being discussed elsewhere on the forums.

Perhaps your X-Pass has an RFID chip so that, for example, if they wanted to take your picture on the ride it could be scanned immediately to your card, or if they wanted to personalize the ride for you somehow this device would scan your card for information that they could use -- imagine Ezra chiming in, "Nice Hat, Michael". Now, is this what WE want? Probably not. But Disney seems to think someone does.

But who knows? I could be entirely wrong. I hope it's something infinitely more interesting than what I just described.
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

Just want to say these threads are great. I started reading the other day from The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect 1, but need a short break after about 1500 posts from 4 years ago. I also got through HBG2's blog. Quite interesting. I'll refrain from any questions until I get through another 5000. Jeez. Thank god its a slow week here at work.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    Just want to say these threads are great. I started reading the other day from The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect 1, but need a short break after about 1500 posts from 4 years ago. I also got through HBG2's blog. Quite interesting. I'll refrain from any questions until I get through another 5000. Jeez. Thank god its a slow week here at work.
    Hey, welcome aboard, and don't be stranger. Er...a stranger. Don't be a stranger, I meant.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Hey, welcome aboard, and don't be stranger. Er...a stranger. Don't be a stranger, I meant.
    And don't be a strangler, either.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM