Page 350 of 600 FirstFirst ... 250300325340347348349350351352353360375400450 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 8989

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

OFF-TOPIC:

I play drums in my school's Jazz band, and I'd be terrified if we played a concert on a raft! With my luck I'd drop a stick and it's roll right into the water. I wonder if this was ever a problem for those bands.

ON-TOPIC:

I have recently acquired a 1961 "Your Day At Disneyland" pamphlet. On one of the last pages is a "Dreaming" section featuring New Orleans Square, with concept art of HM (same picture we've seen a million times) POTC (when it was a wax museum, still called "Rogue's Gallery", don't think I've seen that art before, don't you wish the Long-Sunken POTC effect thread was still active?) and the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (new to me as well). Is this worth scanning?
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Guy View Post
    OFF-TOPIC:

I play drums in my school's Jazz band, and I'd be terrified if we played a concert on a raft! With my luck I'd drop a stick and it's roll right into the water. I wonder if this was ever a problem for those bands.

ON-TOPIC:

I have recently acquired a 1961 "Your Day At Disneyland" pamphlet. On one of the last pages is a "Dreaming" section featuring New Orleans Square, with concept art of HM (same picture we've seen a million times) POTC (when it was a wax museum, still called "Rogue's Gallery", don't think I've seen that art before, don't you wish the Long-Sunken POTC effect thread was still active?) and the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (new to me as well). Is this worth scanning?
    Sure, why not?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Member of Baxter's Army

With the annual "The Hatbox Ghost is back" rumorfest once again upon us, I am curious that if HBG indeed returns but the CG HHG's arrive with him what do you recon would be a bigger deal on this thread?

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    With the annual "The Hatbox Ghost is back" rumorfest once again upon us, I am curious that if HBG indeed returns but the CG HHG's arrive with him what do you recon would be a bigger deal on this thread?
    I would think HBG would be the bigger surprise right now. I think most of us suspect the CG hitchers are inevitable, whether now or later.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 10:11 AM ----------

Just posted this nutty idea over in the Hatbox Ghost thread and thought I'd share it with my Long-Forgotten friends too:

Here's my ideal use of the Hatbox Ghost that is insane and will never be implemented. Disney makes ONE Hatbox Ghost figure, and rotates him around the various Haunted Mansions. Sometimes he's in Anaheim, sometimes he's in Orlando, sometimes he's in Tokyo, maybe even sometimes in Phantom Manor. OK, maybe they build on figure for each resort, but he's never OUT in more than one Mansion at a time. You never know if you'll see him or not. The figure exists, but retains some mystery.

Granted, it would also be pretty frustrating if you never got to see him, but could be fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    I would think HBG would be the bigger surprise right now. I think most of us suspect the CG hitchers are inevitable, whether now or later.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 10:11 AM ----------

Just posted this nutty idea over in the Hatbox Ghost thread and thought I'd share it with my Long-Forgotten friends too:

Here's my ideal use of the Hatbox Ghost that is insane and will never be implemented. Disney makes ONE Hatbox Ghost figure, and rotates him around the various Haunted Mansions. Sometimes he's in Anaheim, sometimes he's in Orlando, sometimes he's in Tokyo, maybe even sometimes in Phantom Manor. OK, maybe they build on figure for each resort, but he's never OUT in more than one Mansion at a time. You never know if you'll see him or not. The figure exists, but retains some mystery.

Granted, it would also be pretty frustrating if you never got to see him, but could be fun too.
    I think that's a great idea. No announcement, then he just shows up. Then he's gone. He's in Orlando. Then he's gone. The rumor mills would go bananas, which is all good publicity. You would probably increase ridership, because some people who might be disposed to skip the HM this visit will now be curious as to whether he's there or not and go on the ride just to see.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Of course, in reality, Disney would manufacture an entire league of Hatbox Ghosts but only display one at one park per time. It would be silly to keep shuffling the same ghost figure around, unless Disney fans would enjoy seeing yours ghoully riding alongside them on planes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I think that's a great idea. No announcement, then he just shows up. Then he's gone. He's in Orlando. Then he's gone. The rumor mills would go bananas, which is all good publicity. You would probably increase ridership, because some people who might be disposed to skip the HM this visit will now be curious as to whether he's there or not and go on the ride just to see.
    It'd be pretty meta, too, what with his history of disappearing after a brief appearance in 1969, leaving people wondering if they'd really seen him.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Of course, in reality, Disney would manufacture an entire league of Hatbox Ghosts but only display one at one park per time. It would be silly to keep shuffling the same ghost figure around, unless Disney fans would enjoy seeing yours ghoully riding alongside them on planes.
    "Wow, when they said a ghost would follow me home, they weren't kidding!"

• Yoiks!

(Preface to this comment: I'm not trying to be snarky or negative, but it might sound that way. Sorry)

While it has been quiet in the HM forums, it isn't all bad.

Longtimers have already debated most of the facts into the ground. At this point do we really need another Queue revew?
    However, it is always great to hear new voices asking questions that they don't know. Sure we can end the next "IS MG THE GH?" in 5 (brutal) sentences and link to previous posts for any repeat questions; but for some, it is the debate rather than the resolution that matters.

I also don't enjoy reading meaninless posts for the sake of posting, especially "Why doesn't someone post something"? It just wastes my time.

Also, while there will always be slow times, they will always be something new to uncover. We've uncovered so much already that new gems will be harder to find but more rewarding because of it. We had a month or so of inactivity followed by 4-5 new jewels. (I love the gargoyle inspiration BTW).

This thread also is mostly silent about the NBC Overlay but I'm happy the bashing stopped. I'm sure SOMETHING could be said about it. They occasionally add new things (styles of wrapping paper) and there ARE mysteries (names on naughty/nice list).

There will also be times of more activity (when the HM reopens, new events, new, merchandise...)

It is a shame though that we have lost so many threadites.

With regards to the rotating HBG: I'd be ticked if I spent a lot of money to fly down to see him and he was already gone. Neat idea in concept though.

• Banned User

i couldnt agree more Karl. I still check in on this thread if its on the front page but, lets face it, this thread is bloated with pointless posts and the occasionally ridiculously obscure trivia. Why dont people just let this thing die? And if any Mansion news truly worth discussing comes about just start a new thread for that particular discussion

I disagree with that, misfits138. There are a number of pointless posts, but some people (myself included) love the ridiculously obscure trivia. I assume that was directed at HBG2, who I think is doing a fantastic job digging up all kinds of HM stuff. To him, I say, "Keep it up!" To others who don't want to know the number of screws in the organ console, there are other threads on Micechat, as well.

• Banned User

Actually, hbg2's posts are the only ones that i think are worth reading. But I go to his blog for my hbg2 fix. I just think if this thread has become a dumping ground of sorts. Haunted Mansion news that is of any interest gets lost in this thread among all of the impertient stuff and should thus be discussed in a new thread.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    I disagree with that, misfits138. There are a number of pointless posts, but some people (myself included) love the ridiculously obscure trivia. I assume that was directed at HBG2, who I think is doing a fantastic job digging up all kinds of HM stuff. To him, I say, "Keep it up!" To others who don't want to know the number of screws in the organ console, there are other threads on Micechat, as well.
    I'm with you, ww12345. Keep all the Mansion news, trivia, and history here. I don't check other MiceChat threads, so if something is posted elsewhere, I never see it. I have no time to be scanning all the new threads everyday. I am subscribed to this thread and get email notifications of new postings. That's about the only time I come here. If someone is not interested in all the minutiae, either use the scroll bar to skip through it, or go somewhere else. No one is forced to be here. We're here because we want to be here, and enjoy everything Mansion-related.

This is a worthwhile discussion, fer shur.

First, I agree with Karl about 95%. I recognize that people are going to want to share their own unique experiences. For example, if someone goes to WDW and experiences PLQ/CGI HHGs for the first time, they may want to share their personal reaction here. I think it's perfectly legit, even if it turns out to be another bashing. Usually there are subtle differences in various peoples' experiences. "I thought item X was, y'know, not so bad as others seem to think, while item Y was indeed intolerable," etc.

Second, the reason I started a blog was that I recognized what sort of genre the chatboard thread is: it's barely more formal than a text-message conversation, which is hardly more formal than an actual, face-to-face, casual conversation. There are going to be lots of "worthless" posts by the very nature of the beast, lots of fluff, so I don't resist it or resent it. In a long-running thread, if there's one real keeper out of 25 posts, I would say that thread is doing okay. The way I look at it, it doesn't really take much time to click in and do a quick look-through. If there's not much there, well...it's a chatboard. I figure that's what they're like. That's how I look at it, anyway.

I think the Thread should keep going, even if it gets sleepy or lies fallow once in awhile, for the simple reason that if and when a Mansion-related discovery is made, this is where you're most likely to find out about it. Would a whole new thread appear just to report the newly-discovered solution to the SNEVETS NOR enigma? And if such a thread did appear, would you always spot it before it sank to page three? Also, if any kind of change is made to the HM's, you know it will get serious scrutiny here. The fresh reports in freshly-started threads (which I think are fine and dandy) might come from someone who thinks there are holograms in the ballroom etc. and doesn't really know how to report the change knowledgeably. I know that sounds terribly snobbish, but you hear what I'm saying.

Third, to end this post on a non-navel-gazing note, here's today's goodie, Mansion-related only because of the mood and the Disneyesque setting: What is this? Where is this?

LINK

Also, if any kind of change is made to the HM's, you know it will get serious scrutiny here. The fresh reports in freshly-started threads (which I think are fine and dandy) might come from someone who thinks there are holograms in the ballroom etc. and doesn't really know how to report the change knowledgeably. I know that sounds terribly snobbish, but you hear what I'm saying.
    Hahaha! This, definitely, is a great argument for keeping the thread going!

BTW, what happened to everyone's "Helpful," "Very Helpful," and "Unhelpful" tags? They are all gone!

• Minion

Third, to end this post on a non-navel-gazing note, here's today's goodie, Mansion-related only because of the mood and the Disneyesque setting: What is this? Where is this?

LINK
    An abandoned Disneyland knock-off in China.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM