Page 351 of 638 FirstFirst ... 251301326341348349350351352353354361376401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 9564

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Who would have guessed that there isn't just one, but TWO abandoned Disneyland knock-offs in this world? The other, of course, is Nara Dreamland in Japan.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Yes, but the China clone is mostly unfinished. The Nara Dreamland is like some bizarre zombie nuclear-apocalypse dream...

• Yoiks!

Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    i couldnt agree more Karl. I still check in on this thread if its on the front page but, lets face it, this thread is bloated with pointless posts and the occasionally ridiculously obscure trivia. Why dont people just let this thing die? And if any Mansion news truly worth discussing comes about just start a new thread for that particular discussion
    I come here for the trivia. Sure, not all discussions are of interest to me, but I respect their enthusiasm and attention to detail. I really hope this thread never dies. This is the only Micechat I read so I would miss any "new thread" that starts. If it is a good thread it is usually linked here. I don't have time to search the web for triva or videos. here is where I can find my fix for the day.

HBG2: I should have been clearer. A PLQ REVIEW from a newcommer would be very welcome. What I don't need to hear is a regular poster's critique yet again. There are a couple of posters that state their opinion every. single. time. a. topic. comes. up. That I don't need. Especially if it is neagative. Case in point. I've mentioned several times that posters come down hard on newbies. The newbies stop posting. I ask "Is there a connection?" At this point I'm nagging, not sharing my opinion. I should just stop.

Asia has lots of Disney rip offs (although not to the extent of those 2 theme parks). It is fun to see. One park in Korea has a rhino treeing some explores. It is a flume ride. Later, just before a mine tunnel nearly collapses on you, a pirate nearly urinates on you. Good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl
    What I don't need to hear is a regular poster's critique yet again. There are a couple of posters that state their opinion every. single. time. a. topic. comes. up. That I don't need. Especially if it is neagative.
    I'll be more positive about the interactive queue when it's torn down or replaced with a "good version."

And now for some web finds...

*Failure to Adapt: The Haunted Mansion

An entertaining blog post about the Eddie Murphy movie.
    The Haunted Closet: Failure to Adapt: The Haunted Mansion

*The Haunted House (1975, Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
    A kiddie book about Mickey and the gang exploring a different Disney haunted house.
    The Haunted Closet: The Haunted House (1975, Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

*Leotapedia?
    Apparently there are still HM fans out there that think the obsolete Cast Member fanfic is official.
    Emily - Leotapedia Wiki

Topic on DB forums:
    About Me/Leotapedia in Gathering For A Swinging Wake Forum

A few seconds of WDW HM exterior and front lawn footage, taken in 1991.
    This was when they still had the Mansion and grounds looking well-maintained:
    Walt Disney World : Frontierland 1991 - YouTube
    (0:06 - 0:20)

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    And now for some web finds...

*Failure to Adapt: The Haunted Mansion

An entertaining blog post about the Eddie Murphy movie.
    The Haunted Closet: Failure to Adapt: The Haunted Mansion
    From that post:
    "It snuffed any hope that The Haunted Mansion was going to be a true horror film and resigned it to being just another lightweight Disney comedy/fantasy, the kind that, in the 1960s and 70s, would have starred Don Knotts, Ken Berry or Dean Jones."

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: A Haunted Mansion movie that's a true horror film is the last thing I'd want. Matching a movie to the tone of the attraction (creepiness mixed with fun and humor) is going to be really tricky. I actually don't think the goals of the previous movie were all wrong, just that the quality of the script and the direction were very, very poor.

I'm still hopeful about the next movie version, but a truly horrific Haunted Mansion film would be just as far off the mark as a slapstick comedy.

• Larger Than (After)Life

I have more news of my return from a leading Disney authority. (You gotta love this mortal's enthusiasm.)

Question: is it possible to buy the "June" portrait (the one where shes winking and has popped up around pirates of the Caribbean) I love that picture. She's so "sassy"--from the April December HM pic. I suppose I could take a high megapixel photo of it in the right lighting and reprint, but that might not turn out so well.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

saw this and thought of you guys...
    Last edited by LadyNimrodelle; 01-15-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Saw What?

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Sorry..."this" is a link...realized I should have changed the colour after I posted that.

AH I see. $1,500?! For the love of god money could be put to better use I think. For $1,500 you could take a sculpting class and make one for yourself. Jeezzz.

Also, anyone know where I can buy June? Shes so sexy. April is innocent, the others are old and washed up, but June is HOT, wise and worldly, also deadly apparently. The perfect combination, except for the deadly part. Reminds me of "So I Married an Ax Murderer".

I don't think you can buy June legit (or any of her other months, for that matter). You'll have to make do with what you can find on the Net.

That guy is nuts if he thinks he's going to get 15 hundred.

I know we all love Rolly Crump around here. Here's something I haven't seen before: Nice clear footage of the Tower of the Four Winds at the NYWF with a good, stiff wind blowing! For once, you can see all the twirlies twirling.

The Tower segment starts at about 6:00. LINKY

---------- Post added 01-15-2012 at 05:03 PM ----------

• Banned User

Actualy, the April/December potraits are sold at disneyland through the Art-On-Demand kiosk system in the Disney Gallery and the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. They are sold in a set of 4 that are printed on a single sheet of card stock. They are available in different sizes. The largest costs $55.00. You can also have them printed on canvass for about twice the cost

I stand corrected. Thanks, misfits.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM