Page 356 of 726 FirstFirst ... 256306331346353354355356357358359366381406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 10888

• Banned User

In a little garden called Pixie Hollow at the base of the magestic Matterhorn Mountain

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    "Home Movies of Disneyland - 1960's" is a video at youtube put up by cthulhufae (that's you, isn't it, Regions? or am I getting my nics mixed?).

Home Movies of Disneyland - 1960's - YouTube

It looks to me like it dates to 1963 or early 1964 at the latest. It has a long, leisurely, upward-moving pan of the HM. All the sails are on the schooner, so it's prior to mid-64, by which time one had fallen. (See how handy that is?)

I did a composite from screen grabs. The main point of interest is that it proves once again that they left the gate open in those days. The film is blurry, and trying to fix it up gives you this oil painting look. Not unattractive, really.

hmm maybe im blind but the two metal HM signs are not on either side of the entrance. was this taken before the mansion opened to the public?

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Count Justin - did you know the Seance spiel in your signature is incorrect?

"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat,
    Call in the spirits, wherever they're at.
    Horntoads and lizards, fiddle and strum.
    Please answer the role by beating a drum!
    Ghost fiends and furies, old friends and new!
    Blow in a horn, so we'll know whether it's you!
    Rap on a table, it's time to respond,
    Send us a message from somewhere beyond.
    Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween,
    Awaken the spirits with your tambourine.
    Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond,
    Let there be music from regions beyond.
    Wizards and witches wherever you dwell,
    Give us a hint by ringing a bell."

Here are the correct words and correct order, from Eleanor Audley's original recording sessions:

Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat,
    Call in the spirits, wherever they're at.

Rap on a table, it's time to respond,
    Send us a message from somewhere beyond.

Horned toads and lizards, fiddle and strum,
    Please answer the roll by beating a drum!

Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween,
    Awaken the spirits with your tambourine.

Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond,
    Let there be music from regions beyond.

Harpies and furies, old friends and new,
    Blow on a horn, so we'll know that it's you.

Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell,
    Give us a hint by ringing a bell.

Just thought you might wanna fix that.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by count_justin View Post
    hmm maybe im blind but the two metal HM signs are not on either side of the entrance. was this taken before the mansion opened to the public?
    HM opened in 1969. As I said, this is 1963, maybe early 64.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Yoiks!

It is missing the tall trees behind it too! Nice film. It was a bit spooky that the park looked deserted in the beginning.

By the way, the fascinating New Orleans Square construction seen from the Tree House in that film is actually the first attempt at the building for the Pirates attraction. It was a walk-thru at that point. After the NYWF, Walt decided it had to be a ride, and all of that nice, new, orange ironwork you see in the film was torn right back out. A very expensive reversal.

• Member of Baxter's Army

This is slightly off topic but it seems as though Disney has learned absolutely nothing from the PLQ fiasco.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...e-queue-19606/
    That's all.

• Minion

That's even worse.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    That's even worse.

Discuss it here.
    Another NextGen disaster in the making.

Sneak preview of next blog post. I wasn't sure at first, but I think it's going to be a goodie.

If you're not 100% sure what this is, it's a "magic eye" 3D panoramic view of the graveyard, taken from the old stock footage (which is actually WED film from summer '69). This was possibly taken before they put up some of the scrims.

• Yoiks!

I wish there were more good photos of that scene. I know it is an impossible shot especially with the scrims in it. I'm looking forward to the new post. The graveyard is my 3rd favorite scene but has the best music. COD is #1 followed by the Ballroom.

One more teaser: an impossible shot of the crypt behind the band. Impossible, because the drummer is in the way, but made possible by stitching together several photos from slightly different angles, plus a little cheating.

• Yoiks!

If you are doing a tomb by tomb review with pics of everyone and everything in all their glory I'm gonna be giggling like a maniac for a few days afterwards.

Would love to, but no, it wouldn't be possible to do that.

It is interesting how the 2D paintings make the composition of these kind of photos easier. That "doorway" in the crypt is fake, just black paint on a sheet of plywood, with the stonework all painted on. That means that the doorway is going to look the same from any angle, just correcting for perspective and skew. If you assemble enough photos from various angles, it's surprising how far you can reach around an obstacle and make it invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl View Post
    If you are doing a tomb by tomb review with pics of everyone and everything in all their glory I'm gonna be giggling like a maniac for a few days afterwards.
    Indeed, that would be really cool.

• Yoiks!

Before I joined this thread I had perhaps 300 photos that I had scoured off the net (Mostly Doombuggies, GRD, PM, and HMinfo). I had a huge list of images that I wanted. I was making paper models and I need reference photos. Not to mention I just love photos of the HM.

At this point, all I really want (offhand) is a picture of the Man in Web and possibly a pic of a crypt or two that doesn't have the top cropped off.

Over the years this site has posted pics of nearly everything, from new pics of the HBG to unseen concept sketches. And some of them have been gorgeous.

I'm sure one day someone will make a slideshow or virtual tour from start to finish showing every detail. Until then, we have the "Tin Web" (Martin Webber?) video to tide us by.

HBG2, next time you tease us with pics can you tell us when you expect to put the blog up? It's like waiting for Christmas morning but I don't know the date. Thanks.
    I'm off to see if it IS today.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM