Page 357 of 618 FirstFirst ... 257307332347354355356357358359360367382407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 9257

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl View Post
    HBG2, next time you tease us with pics can you tell us when you expect to put the blog up?
    Today too soon?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Fantastic content, HBG2. Thank you.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Thanks. This one was a lot of fun. I've had that concept art sitting in my files for a long time and never realized what it was.

• Minion

Glad you finally figured out what it was. Very interesting!

Interesting blog. Great job, HBG2!

• hatbox ghost believer

Yet another fantastic addition to your great blog HBG2. Thankies for sharing!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Yoiks!

That was pretty cool. It was nice seeing a bunch of images I've never thought too much about being connected into something new. There is always something new to discover.
    So how did you make the connection. I'd imagine it was quite a thrill when you did.

I've wondered what that enclosed area was for a long time. At first, I thought it might have been just a place to park heavy equipment and dirt piles out of the public eye, but it was obviously more than would be needed for that. Then I thought it might be the intended site of the Museum of the Weird, but the MotW idea hadn't happened yet in '62, and besides, you could see the enclosure, still roofless, on the model in the '65 TV show. I guess it was when I noticed the overlapping walls in the back of the concept sketch that the light bulb went on. And the height of the walls made sense from down in the exit trench, so the rest was easy. I knew about Père Lachaise from talking with an Imagineer about something else entirely, and it was by comparing that with the graveyard scene that I really noticed how plain all that stuff was. Having just done a post on Claude Coats, the psychology of the stage settings in the graveyard (i.e. unobtrusive) made sense right away. Stuff just fell together for this one. Gathering the images and preparing them and loading them took most of the time; I wrote the copy in less than a day (which is unusual).

Bonus for Threadsters: An unused '66 shot that also shows that old wall (which lasted into 1968).

• Yoiks!

I really enjoy visiting bone orchards. Whenever I travel I hope to stumble across them. Here's a link to a few different cemeteries in Thailand. The second batch is the creepier of the lot. It can be seen from the skytrain in Bangkok. I'm pretty sure the crypts are always submersed even in the dry season. You can't really see them in the photos but there were dozens of stray dogs, lizards, and some ducks and chickens. In the front of the cemeteries there were picnic tables, exercise equipment and other day to day items.

You can find it here.

WDW HM, 1980:

• Minion

Gorgeous shot, Smelly! While I'm generally a big fan of trees, they need a serious pruning project all over WDW. The excess growth not only makes views like that harder to get than they were in 1980, it messes up the forced perspective on some buildings.

• Yoiks!

That is a nice shot. I don't think I've seen too many spring shots.
    It is interesting to see the foliage change over the years. I prefer the overgrown hedges but want the trees trimmed. I think the original flower garden destroyed the mood. I'm also glad that they got rid of the ivy growing up the conservatory.

• Larger Than (After)Life

I ran across this today and thought I'd share. There's something very Rolly Crumpesque about some of the woodwork on the old Munster House. Namely, the area above the window.

This is an old photo from the Universal backlot -- I'm guessing circa the late 1960s. The house facade is still there, but the creepy elements have been removed and it's been repainted to fit in with the Wisteria Lane-style homes on the lot.

---------- Post added 02-22-2012 at 03:15 PM ----------

It's also interesting that Disneyland and The Munsters share the same street address number:

The Munster Family lived at the fictitious 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

Disneyland is located at 1313 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim.

• Minion

Check out one of the objects in this new Armchair Archivist: A Japanese ghost sent in for consideration for the attraction.

D23 Presents Armchair Archivist: Weird Disney - YouTube!
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    I ran across this today and thought I'd share. There's something very Rolly Crumpesque about some of the woodwork on the old Munster House. Namely, the area above the window.

This is an old photo from the Universal backlot -- I'm guessing circa the late 1960s. The house facade is still there, but the creepy elements have been removed and it's been repainted to fit in with the Wisteria Lane-style homes on the lot.

Actually, it's not still there. The Munster House and several others on Wisteria Lane were moved to their present location back in the 1980s.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM