Page 363 of 618 FirstFirst ... 263313338353360361362363364365366373388413463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 9261

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

There have been at least two drafts of the script turned in.
    A few months ago (in January), GDT said the project is "still VERY active."

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

That video didn't bother me. It's for whom, 10- to 13- year olds, maybe? Besides, she's cute, and a very natural performer. He can leave.

As for the movie, it seems like it's in limbo, probably due to Del Toro's schedule. Originally, he wasn't going to direct, but you know, maybe he wants to direct, and we're all waiting for his slate to clear. Lining up the talent is not easy. They're all busy with various projects. I don't think it's that unusual for major projects like this to sputter at the starting gate and take longer than you'd expect to get going.

And...you didn't really think I was done with this project, did you? I found some more photos that help fill the gaps. 1966 lives, once again.

Incidentally, you know that lovely story about how they saved the funeral cypresses that lined the entrance to the original Tomorrowland and used them here at the HM? That story is in the gardening manual and has been repeated at blogs and yes, right here at the Thread (by me); but I think I've coming to the conclusion that it's an urban legend. There were at least five big cypresses put in when they first landscaped the HM in 63-64, and the Tomorrowland specimens were still in place during that time. There are a few more cypresses at the HM now, but I think they arrived well after the old TL had long gone bye-bye. Unless they put the TL trees elsewhere and then relocated them again to the HM some years later, I'm reluctantly classifying that story as highly suspect.
    Last edited by HBG2; 03-10-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: adjust picture
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it wasn't made. GDT thought Mountains of Madness was very active before they pulled the plug on it.

I was initially excited about it, but the more I've thought about it, I hope it doesn't get made. (I also wish Jack Sparrow never existed either!)

• Mr. Ghost

I see something new every time I watch Haunted Mansion videos on Youtube, for example... the wraith windows in the ballroom. It may have been the resolution, but I thought I saw projected clouds in between the billowing tattered curtains. Is this something new?

This is the video
    Last edited by Mr.Fenwright; 03-08-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: addition

Always been there, so far as I know.

• Clone Commando

Does anyone have a picture of the ghosts going in and out of the ballroom windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Delta 42 View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the ghosts going in and out of the ballroom windows?
    Not any good ones. Not that I've seen, anyway. It seems like photographers have to choose which they want to photograph, the windows or the wraiths. It's hard to get both.

They sometimes show up in ride-thru videos fairly well.

I put together a composite, using some screen grabs from the Warren/Martin video...

...combined with this pantheragem photo of the windows, which shows part of a wraith:

IMO, this isn't a bad representation of the effect:

• The 1000th Happy Haunt

Not bad at all =)

And while we're putting up purdy pix...

There are a number of items around the ol' Mansion that I strongly suspect were inspired by some existing artwork or artifact, but if so, I've never come across whatever it is. The odd bird-helmet armor is one such thing. Another is the snake doorknobs in the COD. They just look like they're based on something. I sometimes wonder if the Aztec double-headed serpent is in there, and possibly a little of the Ohio Serpent Mound (the tail), but in the end it's a mystery. Maybe someone out there has seen something? Provides an excuse for gazing at some nice scenery anyway...

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    And while we're putting up purdy pix...

There are a number of items around the ol' Mansion that I strongly suspect were inspired by some existing artwork or artifact, but if so, I've never come across whatever it is. The odd bird-helmet armor is one such thing. Another is the snake doorknobs in the COD. They just look like they're based on something. I sometimes wonder if the Aztec double-headed serpent is in there, and possibly a little of the Ohio Serpent Mound (the tail), but in the end it's a mystery. Maybe someone out there has seen something? Provides an excuse for gazing at some nice scenery anyway...

Maybe, but we do know that the double-headed serpent does have a presence elsewhere in Disneyland.
    DAVELAND

Authentic Aztec image, so it makes sense.

Here's a fairly decent photo of a ballroom wraith:

Let's frame and isolate a bit.

Last edited by HBG2; 03-10-2012 at 08:30 PM.

So my dad on the other side of the country went to WDW today (with my brother).
    He texted me to inform me that the graveyard at HM is different.
    I asked him about the new HHG effect. His answer:
    "I liked the orig hh ghosts better"

BTW, I just realized that the new "stuff" has been there for a whole year now.
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 03-12-2012 at 07:30 AM.

• Mysterious Member

I received a silly question today and i just need the nice people here in the thread to help me solve.
    Does the headless horseman have anything to do with HBG?
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

• en pace

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    And...you didn't really think I was done with this project, did you? I found some more photos that help fill the gaps. 1966 lives, once again.

Beautiful job piecing together that shot of the exit area! It looks so serene without all those people; like I could ramble about, undisturbed, and enjoy the peace and quiet. Unfortunately for me (not for Disney, nor the Mansion) it gets incredibly busy along that walkway... so busy, that as many times as I have ridden the HM, I have never gotten a good look at that side. Also, I'm sure it doesn't help that those I usually go with rush on to the next ride and don't like to linger very long. I'm ashamed to say that for the longest time, people on this thread would discuss the pet cemetery, and I could not for the life of me figure out where it was. I knew it was on the side I didn't see much of, but that was it. As for the other crypts by the exit, I didn't even know they existed!

The next time I visit, I'm going to take some time and do some exploring, even if that means meeting up with the others later. I don't like missing the good stuff in all the hustle and bustle.
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mystery_Mouse
    Does the headless horseman have anything to do with HBG?
    Not likely.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM