Page 367 of 743 FirstFirst ... 267317342357364365366367368369370377392417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 11144

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    And you'd think that the sales figures alone would be indicator enough for Disney to restore The Hatbox Ghost to The Haunted Mansion attraction. But the company is completely depart-MENTALized. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, nor the difference between Ezra and yours ghoully!
    How SAD is that!?
    Last time I checked they did not know Ezra from Ezra.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Last time I checked they did not know Ezra from Ezra.
    I think the second head inside the Hatbox Ghost Medium Figure's hatbox should double as a pencil sharpener.

I'm still waiting for the 1:6 scale action figure with optional pants kit.

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Hey, I just realized that there is a design on the back side of that tombstone, as well as on the front! (If that's supposed to spell "Reserved," it's misspelled.)

Are all of The Haunted Mansion's tombstones reversible, and do they say the same thing on the front and back?

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 02:03 PM ----------

I haven't been on here much, lately, and I'm still catching up. But I would like to thank everyone for the SPOOKTACULAR images that have been posted. I will be looking at them all more carefully, when I have time, as I'm sure that there is plenty to been seen by the discerning, staring eye. The amount of great information on these Long-Forgotten threads is just mind-blowing. This forum gives me a lot to grin about.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 03-21-2012 at 12:41 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Actually, they're NOT reversible. The big photo is more recent than the inset one. They've just moved the headstones around a bit. If you look close, they've even replaced a SNEVETS NOR with a "My Glass is Run."

Most of the names are reversals of real names. RESEER is most likely some as-yet unidentified person named R. Reese. Ron Stevens (SNEVETS NOR) has recently been identified (see The Other Nine Old Men at el bloggo).
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Well, well, well... Look what I just found. It's by Illusion Industries (a special effects makeup company) in Burbank, California. Oddly enough, it's even titled "The Hatbox Ghost."

Could it be...?

Well, well, well... Look what I just found. It's by Illusion Industries (a special effects makeup company) in Burbank, California. Oddly enough, it's even titled "The Hatbox Ghost."

Could it be...?
    Found it, but where does it say "The Hatbox Ghost"?

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Found it, but where does it say "The Hatbox Ghost"?
    The original image file on the company page is named "5DesignHatBoxGhost.jpg".

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 03:28 PM ----------

It was found HERE.

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 03:42 PM ----------

Actually, it was my browser that ID'd it as "The Hatbox Ghost," based on a search I'd done. But their file is named as I've cited. There's no doubt as to whom the sculpt depicts nor that it's among the company's other design concepts for films.

Now, we shouldn't forget that Disney has rejected, at least, two designs that I've heard of. This is the first I've seen, however, and I'm not even sure what it's for. I merely suspect. But I can't imagine what else it would be for, particularly since its creators have named the file "Hatbox Ghost" and Illusion Industries is a special effects makeup company located in Burbank -- and not far from Disney Studios either, I might add.

Ah yes.

This has to be one of the models for the Del Toro film. What else could it be? Whether it's a rejected model or not, who knows? I'll bet that putting it on their website was a goof, however. Probably not supposed to show it. Watch to see if it disappears.

You can see a lot more detail if you lighten up the gamma:

• Minion

UGH - I do hope that if this actually is a model for the upcoming film that it was rejected. It looks awful compared to the real Hattie.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    UGH - I do hope that if this actually is a model for the upcoming film that it was rejected. It looks awful compared to the real Hattie.
    I like it -- A LOT.

You have to remember that it would be very hard to do a true skull face without computer effects or a puppet. This is clearly concept design work for prosthetic makeup that can be applied to a living, breathing, foolish mortal actor.

I think the design is remarkable. It has pathos.

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 04:29 PM ----------

Actually, I should say that it "evokes pathos."

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 04:34 PM ----------

You know, HBG2, the sideburns (Have you noticed them?) also give it somewhat of a "former sea captain" feel.

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

And you can tell that he's English by his teeth. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

• Minion

I think the design is remarkable. It has pathos.

---------- Post added 03-21-2012 at 04:29 PM ----------

Actually, I should say that it "evokes pathos."
    I don't want pathos. I want Hattie to look just like Hattie has always looked for the past 43 years. Don't care if it's a puppet, CGI or whatever.

Um – just what is pathos anyway?

Agreed and this is one of my many fears about this film and why I'm hoping it never gets made...

Harry Knowles at AintItCool weighs in:
    Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

BTW, I like the design. I expect the HM character designs to be adapted a bit for the film.
    (But for the ride itself, they should stick with the Blaine Gibson original.)
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 03-21-2012 at 04:43 PM.

• Minion

Um – just what is pathos anyway?
    I think it's the road to the Parthenon.

As far as the look is concerned, I don't have a strong reaction one way or the other. I would think the way the actor plays the character would be by far the biggest factor. I have to say, however, that I do not like the hat. It doesn't fit (literally, not "artistically"). It's much too small, and in design I think it wanders a little too dangerously close to Dr. Seuss territory.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Well, regardless, if the movie does go ahead...look at del Toro's designs for Hellboy, or Pan's Labyrinth. The creatures he creates may have striking 'profiles' (the pale man, the corpse in first Hellboy, the faun) but they do tend to be textured more 'real world' and have to work with movement: the 'wattles' or skin flaps like an old man would have on the pale man come to mind.

So I'm not surprised, if that is film production work, that Hattie would look like a genuine corpse a bit more rather than the 'cartoony' straight ahead face we all recognize: it should have that shape, yes, and the eye pattern, but I'd expect more texture and corpselike flourishes based on the past films by del Toro.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM