Page 370 of 602 FirstFirst ... 270320345360367368369370371372373380395420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 9017

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Isn't she supposed to be Martha Ravenswood at Phantom Manor? I thought I read that somewhere.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

It could be, but the story details vary widely depending on who you ask....whether or not Henry Ravenswood is the Phantom, etc, etc. A lot of it got mixed with fan-fic along the way it seems like.

• Larger Than (After)Life

I'm sure that many of you have seen the latest from Harry Knowles at AICN by now. If not:

"I was just contacted by the company & the sculptor. It was sculpted shortly after Guillermo announced it as a project as a pro-active bid to get involved in the project by the sculptor, Martin Astles - the lead sculptor at Illusion Industries. So it was made in an attempt to land a gig."

So, I wasn't wrong in assuming that it was for the film. Apparently, it is one of the designs that was not accepted. Still, it gives us an idea of what is being proposed and considered. I do not know if Del Toro and company have arrived at a final Hatbox Ghost character design, but I don't think that any formal announcement has been made. I've been watching the web very carefully for news on pre-production, and searching for clues in the meantime. That's how I came across Illusion Industries.

---------- Post added 03-22-2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

I'm AMAZED by how many web news outlets monitor my/our postings. In a matter of only a few hours, HBG2's lightened image of Astles' Hatbox Ghost design sculpt and my/our speculations as to its purpose were carried on Ain't It Cool News, IMDb, Geek Tyrant, Latino Review, Movies With Butter and several other sites. I began commenting on Twitter, G+ and Facebook about it before and while I was writing about it on MiceChat.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 03-22-2012 at 08:37 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Best pic of the PM Lucretia I've seen, thanks. And good detective work, Smelly. I think it's safe to conclude that Del Toro rejected the "Victorian Ghoul" if he saw it at all, because if it was in the running in any way, I can't believe they would have permission to put its image out there on the 'net. So, yeah, it's connected in some way with the Del Toro HM project, but no, it's probably not one of the models he's sent to Disney for approval.

And while we're posting stuff apropos of nothing in particular, this thing is gathering dust in my files, and I can't think of anything I might save it for, so might as well post it.

Edit: I see that THBG has anticipated some of my remarks. Kudos to The Pantless One for first spotting that thing and being pretty much right about what it was for.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost
    I'm AMAZED by how many web news outlets monitor my/our postings.
    People can submit scoops to AICN, you know...

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post

I'm AMAZED by how many web news outlets monitor my/our postings. .
    My favorite was when Disney itself used one of HBG2's photoshops in an official company video.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    My favorite was when Disney itself used one of HBG2's photoshops in an official company video.
    At least, they recognized their own ghost then and didn't call it "Ezra."

I'm still laughing about the Disneyland Backstage Pass 2011 calendar that had August 12 as the day of the moon landing.

---------- Post added 03-23-2012 at 05:24 AM ----------

Oh, and before I faint again and forget --

$3.25 for Mickey's Halloween Party!?!?!?

---------- Post added 03-23-2012 at 05:28 AM ----------

Next year, it'll be $325 -- and you'll have to buy a ticket to buy a ticket.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 03-23-2012 at 04:26 AM.

• Minion

Thank you for adjusting that silly hat, HBG2! He looks much manlier now.

I love that both Hattie and his bride had a sort of morally ambiguous look. It makes their relationship seem far more interesting and equal. You get the feeling that while she may have killed him, he may have deserved it! (I mean, he did show up for his wedding with no pants on, after all.)

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Thank you for adjusting that silly hat, HBG2! He looks much manlier now.

I love that both Hattie and his bride had a sort of morally ambiguous look. It makes their relationship seem far more interesting and equal. You get the feeling that while she may have killed him, he may have deserved it! (I mean, he did show up for his wedding with no pants on, after all.)
    If you had a disappearing head, you'd have a tough time remembering your pants too! More than 40 years later, I still don't know where they are.

• Minion

Looking at art for Epic Mickey 2, looks like a restored Lonesome Manor will be among the returning levels in the game. Looks much more like the Disneyland one for now, though I guess those other elements might become clearer when we see the full thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/QM5Gi.jpg
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Best thing on that poster, with Mickey shopped out.

I demand that Disney install these inside The Haunted Mansion!

Well, it is called "the head." Hey, maybe this explains why his pants were off?

And this too.
    Last edited by HBG2; 03-24-2012 at 05:06 PM.

• Minion

Oh great. Now every time I listen to the record and get to that line, I'll be thinking of a toilet... Thanks a heap, HBG2.

• Member of Baxter's Army

I think I found something,
    Here is a picture of the WDW Mansion Attic pre-2007
    hiddenportrait1.jpg (image)
    Here is some propping near the New Fantasyland Train Station.
    http://www.miceshots.com/is.php?i=8701
    I wonder if it's the same one,Probably.also note the hatboxes.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM