Page 371 of 600 FirstFirst ... 271321346361368369370371372373374381396421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 8986

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

If you're talking about the bird cages, they don't match.

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 08:12 PM ----------

As promised back HERE, there's a nice piece of evidence in the search for inspiration for the hitchhiking ghost mirror gag that has now been published, and I'm free to do a post on it at El Bloggo. I'll be including the organ thing as well.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I think I found something,
    Here is a picture of the WDW Mansion Attic pre-2007
    hiddenportrait1.jpg (image)
    Here is some propping near the New Fantasyland Train Station.
    http://www.miceshots.com/is.php?i=8701
    I wonder if it's the same one,Probably.also note the hatboxes.
    What are we supposed to be comparing? The only thing the two photos have in common is the birdcage, but they are clearly not the same one.

• Minion

Just heard some cryptic and potentially disturbing news on Facebook about the Disneyland Mansion:

"Was sent some exclusive developing news regarding Disneyland's Mansion today from an inside source. I will share with you what I can once I obtain proper permission from my source. As far as I know, I'm one of the few whom has been sent this information.

Will let you know once I have more information and have permission to let the beans spill; but trust me, you Disneyland Die-hards might not be happy with the happiest place on earth..."

Anyone know anything of what this might be?

Uh-oh. Could be either PLQ or HHGs, neither one of them a Mansion "enhancement..."

---------- Post added 03-27-2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

By the way, has anybody ever read the DL website version of the HM story? Here it is:

Haunted Mansion

Dear Foolish Mortals,
    You are hereby invited to a spirited tour via "buggy" of the home and estate of a prosperous yet departed sea captain whose elegant 19th-century mansion in the New Orleans Square was once the setting for some of the most prominent social gatherings this side of the Mississippi.
    The Host
    Alas, the sea captain and his family long ago met an...untimely...end. Tended by faithful servants, the home has been inherited by its ethereal inhabitants who are eager to meet you. Several prominent ghosts have retired here from creepy old crypts all over the world. Your Ghost Host is happy to show you their humble abode.
    Enter...if you dare!
    The House
    Make your way through the ghoulish grounds, where gravestones mark the resting places of both pets and pests. Once inside the house, please step into the dead center of the octagonal room. Watch as the portraits stretch to reveal the macabre predicaments of their subjects. Is there a way out? When the secret panel opens, flee the octagonal room to the sinister portrait corridor. Watch out because the eyes have it! Then descend into your Doom Buggy, your only hope of escape.
    The Haunts
    Your Doom Buggy whisks you into the darkest reaches of this mysterious madhouse packed with poltergeists and haunts of every hue! At the sťance in progress, the medium Madame Leota invokes the 999 ghosts, ghouls and goblins that are just dying to meet you! They're looking to fill the 1000th spot in the mansion.
    Could you be their newest gloom-mate?
    Sincerely,
    The Haunted Mansion

Very weird. The bizarre integration of the sea captain and the portrait corridor possibly confused with the WDW version - interesting, to say the least.

It's the "Watch out because the eyes have it!" line that seems out of place. As you say, it sounds like a throwback to the pre-2007 WDW HM. But it's vague enough not to qualify as an actual blunder. The idea that originally the house was built by a sea captain is neither here nor there, a bit of leftover Ken Anderson backstory that can be integrated into the existing data or not without creating a genuine contradiction. Overall, the description is weak, but not "heretical," IMO.

I think most of us are expectorating the CG hitchhikers to come to Anaheim, alas, so if that's the inside news, it's not a total surprise.

I do know some things, but I have no liberty to say anything beyond that.
    Last edited by HBG2; 03-27-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Yeah, my point wasn't really that it was heretical or incorrect, it just seemed to me like they wrote up a generic "Haunted Mansion" summary form, and filled in the blanks where they needed to based on differences between parks.

I really hope Mr. Baxter can prevent the CG hitchhikers. IMHO, at the risk of sounding like an old fogey, I believe that the HM should be one of those "We can never touch this" type rides. Unfortunately, the Connie attic proves that statement false. Nonetheless, I hope the outcry against the PLQ and the CG HHG at WDW shows the people in power over here that the additions are not wanted.

• Minion

Found this on the Doombuggies Facebook: One of the unpublished comic stories from the SLG Mansion comic. Rather morbid tale of the Organist and the pipe banshees.

Haunted Mansion funnies: organist's origin - Boing Boing
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    Yeah, my point wasn't really that it was heretical or incorrect, it just seemed to me like they wrote up a generic "Haunted Mansion" summary form, and filled in the blanks where they needed to based on differences between parks.

I really hope Mr. Baxter can prevent the CG hitchhikers. IMHO, at the risk of sounding like an old fogey, I believe that the HM should be one of those "We can never touch this" type rides. Unfortunately, the Connie attic proves that statement false. Nonetheless, I hope the outcry against the PLQ and the CG HHG at WDW shows the people in power over here that the additions are not wanted.
    All the videos I've seen of the HHG and the new queue at WDW for the Mansion feature people enjoying them both, so I dunno how big the "outcry" truly is.

But don't forget, WDW's money comes from tourists, while DL's comes from locals.

• Yoiks!

Thanks for this. I've been wanting to read this (but not search for it).
    Does anyone know anything about the 2nd HM graphic novel? Bookstores have a listing for it but it is "unavailable for order" or something. I wrote SLG years ago and they said it was finished (Comic 8) but waiting for "Disney approval". Is it ever coming out?

• Minion

The trade got cancelled twice.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

New post up at El Bloggo.

Great post, HBG2. Interesting sources. Isn't the Strand wonderful?

• Minion

UGH - the Disneyland Mansion is getting the new queue. Just as I feared.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0196052&type=1

"This is what I've been given permission to post; those areas were blacked out by the source whom I'm not allowed to mention. The quality isn't great, but I'm certain the source is trustworthy. Like I said, these are preliminary layout plans, and are most certainly not final... you won't be seeing any ground turn until 2013 or later..."

Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 03-28-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Terrible news.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM