Page 372 of 585 FirstFirst ... 272322347362369370371372373374375382397422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 8762

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Hopefully it at least ends up being done in slightly better taste.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Time to start learning Japanese.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    UGH - the Disneyland Mansion is getting the new queue. Just as I feared.

I'm not going to lie, I got a little bit dizzy when I read this. I hope this will not start a domino effect of changes that will eventually lead to HHG modifications.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    If you're talking about the bird cages, they don't match.
    It's a shame we don't have GRD or MG13 around anymore to confirm whether the original birdcage is still in the Attic somewhere. The WDW Re-haunting was now 5 years ago and I don't have as much visual documentation as I would like as far as the Attic is concerned compared to DL where there is an abundance of photos of each tableau thus making my bizarre obsession with tracking Attic props more difficult. As for PLQ in Disneyland I would not panic JUST yet, It is still too early to tell if TDA will buy off of this next-gen BS or at least one can hope. If not, at least judging by the layout it will be somewhat easier to pretend it's not there than at WDW.
    Last edited by HMF; 03-28-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Argh. I hate the new queue. On the bright-ish side, it looks like the mess will be mostly confined to the Fastpass queue. Sad that we will be losing one of the most relaxing places in the park, but at least it won't look like a parade got sick in the queue proper. Here's a quicky Photoshop I did to see where everything was going to go.

I overlayed the old queue to use as a reference. The only question now is what numbers 6 and 7 will be. My guess is it will be the Mariner crypt and the stupid traveling bookshelf.

I agree w/ HBG2, I wonder what all those little dots are. They seem too organized (although that could be coincidence) into groups of threes.

I just really hope the new queue doesn't lead to the replacement of the HHG.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    I'm not going to lie, I got a little bit dizzy when I read this. I hope this will not start a domino effect of changes that will eventually lead to HHG modifications.
    HHG modifications will probably happen regardless since it has not been quite as controversial as PLQ.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Trying to look on the brightside, they hopefully will replicate the hillside cemetery from WDW with shovels and new markers/replica of the old headstones (Brother Dave, Cousin Huet) and all that. That's an improvement over the tombstones being taken out circa 2001 and never coming back.

Well, again looking on the bright side, I think that the consensus here was that we weren't opposed to an outside queue, just that it was so cartoony and diametrically opposite any character you see on the ride. The other complaint was noise. If they can tone down the noise, and make the characters look even remotely like the characters on the ride, it'll probably come out OK. Not great, but hopefully better than the PLQ.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Well, I mean...we don't know till it opens.

But at WDW, guests with kids go through the queue, people press the organ keys, try and whack the books on the side of the Chuck E. Cheese crypt, press the instruments on the 'band' tomb. To park management there and the design team, I've no doubt, it is a 'success': people interact with it and press on the geegaws and doodads so it will make noise. Criticism about history and aesthetics on the internet, right or wrong, exist in a void: people still pay to enter the Magic Kingdom and once they are there, a good amount go through that extended queue and do the expected interactions. That's 'proof' it works, or people will interact with something when it is right in front of them.

People being critical online with reason doesn't counteract what they see casual guests doing day in and day out, sadly. I'm not optimistic myself that they'd tone down the loudness/silliness, but I'd be quite pleased if it proved to be so. But that's not at all a 'given'.

That's a good point. We all exist online as non-entities - that is, we don't really represent a paying sample, so we hold no real power as far as park management is concerned. Nonetheless, I would hope that Tony Baxter (wasn't this one of his favorite rides?) would help save us from the cacophony and the brashness that is the PLQ.

Wrong terminology, but, "Help us Mr. Baxter; you are our only hope."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    I wonder what all those little dots are. They seem too organized (although that could be coincidence) into groups of threes.
    They're tombstones above the chicken exit, I believe... Unless you mean the six tiny little dots near the front entrance. They're probably nothing - a bit of ink splatter, perhaps.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 03-28-2012 at 11:13 AM.

No, I meant the six dots near the front entrance... and around the back of the house, and on both sides of the house... It could be ink splatter, but I thought it might be those dumb "Dread Family" statues.

• Inhospitable about happy

The "crypt" (if that is what it is) in the main queue switchback area, right beside the brick planter, seems much bigger than anything in PLQ, so one might think they're not going to do a straight duplication. You know what it looks like? Come back with me, to sometime in the 1980's or 90's:

Also, the Mariner has never been a presence at DL in any form (not that that's decisive; neither had "Master Gracey").

There's a certain high-ranking man who might have FITZ over this, doubting that it FITZ the attraction at DL. What happens to his pet project, the Jean Lafitte thing (unique to DL, let it be noted), if the Dreads and all their little friends take over the yard? I don't want to create false hope, but there may yet be a battle over this in the upper echelons.

If this thing really goes in, and it turns out to be nothing more or less than PLQ2 ... I don't know. I may just Yesterland the Mansion in my mind and bid a sad adieu to all that. Thou art dead to me.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    No, I meant the six dots near the front entrance... and around the back of the house, and on both sides of the house... It could be ink splatter, but I thought it might be those dumb "Dread Family" statues.
    I wonder if they might simply be some kind of lighting layout. There are three at the back of the Mansion, and on the right hand side, areas which are generally not accessible to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The "crypt" (if that is what it is) in the main queue switchback area, right beside the brick planter, seems much bigger than anything in PLQ, so one might think they're not going to do a straight duplication. You know what it looks like? Come back with me, to sometime in the 1980's or 90's:

Also, the Mariner has never been a presence at DL in any form (not that that's decisive; neither had "Master Gracey").

There's a certain high-ranking man who might have FITZ over this, doubting that it FITZ the attraction at DL. What happens to his pet project, the Jean Lafitte thing (unique to DL, let it be noted), if the Dreads and all their little friends take over the yard? I don't want to create false hope, but there may yet be a battle over this in the upper echelons.

If this thing really goes in, and it turns out to be nothing more or less than PLQ2 ... I don't know. I may just Yesterland the Mansion in my mind and bid a sad adieu to all that. Thou art dead to me.
    Could the large rectangle simply be the hearse, moved over to that spot?

Also, I believe it was you that posted photos of the original headstones at the Disneyland Mansion, and one was for Master Gracey. Granted, there was never a portrait inside to associate it with like in Florida, but the name was used at DL first. Or was it my imagination, hmm?

• Banned User

I'm confused as to WHY they would build an interactive queue at DL. I can maybe see at WDW, the lines seem longer and all that.. but here? The line is RARELY longer than 20 minutes, often a lot faster, and the queue itself isn't all that big. This seems like it will actually slow down lines more than anything. I'm all for upgrades, but this seem slike change solely for the sake of change. Hell, I'd actually like it more if it was to plug something, at least I can wrap my brain around the logic there.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM