Page 373 of 633 FirstFirst ... 273323348363370371372373374375376383398423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 9485

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I quite agree, noleaf...kind of a case of, Florida has it, so we may as well. Seems silly.

But then, this is all speculation at this point and not 'official' as can be: unknown source to a Twitter account. Creative team who actually executes it at Disneyland would be a major factor too, in what we end up getting stylistically.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

It's from a Facebook user, not Twitter.

^Hover in the right spot, and you'll get the link.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 03-28-2012 at 04:37 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

My bad I don't keep those social media networks straight, I'll admit, heh.

Hmmm. I wonder if 6 is the hearse and 7 is the building HBG2 reminded us about. I didn't realize that the "Eddie Sotto Megatheme" was still an option - I could live with that addition.

But like HBG2 said, if it is just PLQ2 with no changes, it will definitely be a sad day for DL.

(Off topic: Anyone else notice how many guests we have? It has pretty much held over 12 since yesterday. Interesting.)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    But like HBG2 said, if it is just PLQ2 with no changes, it will definitely be a sad day for DL.
    I can pretty much guarantee that wouldn't happen, with the Haunted Mansion being in Tony Baxter's, Kim Irvine's, and Tom Fitzgerald's top 5 favorite attractions. All 3 are artists in their own right and fundamentally understand the design of Disneyland having worked on the park exclusively for many years.

• Inhospitable about happy

It's at 24 guests as of this moment. Interest in the DL queue plan, I would think.

If that big rectangle is the greenhouse (and it fits like a glove), I wonder what will be in it. Plants? They're taking out a big chunk of queue just to put in a garden, since they have plenty of places for gardens elsewhere. Interactive orchids, I imagine.

The Lafitte thing was still alive as of a year ago, when a new "Riverfront Notices" bulletin board was put up down at riverside with a story about Huck and Tom, "Jackson Island," Jean Lafitte, pirate treasure, etc. That's just one year ago. The critter ain't dead.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Given that the 'mariner' character got the nod for one of the largest single crypts in Florida, and his history there was basically one portrait, a possible appearance in the ride as a 'background' character (which I am less a believer of, that the cemetery figure with the hat is him) and a hint of the larger 'backstory' that remained from early design days of the attraction, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hatbox got a 'name' (like the mariner was designated Culpepper Clyne) and a giant crypt out here.

Stranger things have happened....Hatbox matches the prerequisites for background that the sea captain had, basically (his face all over the corridor of doors and added to the seance room, the 'piano player' shadow tribute, and perhaps being a remnant of the murderous/pirate husband storyline which was a constant in many early drafts and balance to the bride in the tale.

Plus, fits in with the 'fan-pleasing' homages to established characters woven into the attraction already. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

• Inhospitable about happy

I don't know how you can put Andrew Jackson, Jean Lafitte, and the War of 1812 in the same world as Bertie and his intelligent pet sea serpent. Or Prudence Pock blathering about off-road vehicles. This thing HAS to be rethought entirely in order to work at DL. I mean, you would think. Wouldn't it? Please say it would? They wouldn't be so dumb as to... Naw, couldn't happen. Could it? Please say it couldn't?

---------- Post added 03-28-2012 at 07:13 PM ----------

Hadn't thought of it before, but for such a shameless geekfest, it's a little surprising that there are no references to the HBG in PLQ. Perhaps they were told to leave him out of it, since they're hoping Del Toro's project will dictate how the character will look and how he will be reintegrated into the HM world.

---------- Post added 03-28-2012 at 07:17 PM ----------

It may be a coincidence, but there were eight stones in the original family plot graveyard, and there are eight on the berm in that preliminary draw-up. One of them looks like a different kind of monument, however. Perhaps it's an obelisk, like they made for Harriet and for Collin.

---------- Post added 03-28-2012 at 07:57 PM ----------

This is actually giving me a little hope.

That rectangle is really a perfect fit with that greenhouse concept sketch. It's big. Look at the plans: it's almost as big as the foyer. It's hard to see how such a thing fits in with the Toontown style of PLQ, unless, maybe, they put MotW-type man-eating plants in it or something dumb like that, but that seems like a stretch. A greenhouse like that would be more in line with the current Fastpass gardens or perhaps the PM gazebo. Maybe it indicates that this won't be/wouldn't be a carbon copy of WDW.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Well, again looking on the bright side, I think that the consensus here was that we weren't opposed to an outside queue, just that it was so cartoony and diametrically opposite any character you see on the ride. The other complaint was noise. If they can tone down the noise, and make the characters look even remotely like the characters on the ride, it'll probably come out OK. Not great, but hopefully better than the PLQ.
    We know that Disney (including Pete Carsillo mind you) reads this board. It is possible that they may make minor changes to address some of our concerns.
    for example, Organist tomb re-designed to look less toontownish without yet to be conjured banshees.
    Last edited by HMF; 03-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that wouldn't happen, with the Haunted Mansion being in Tony Baxter's, Kim Irvine's, and Tom Fitzgerald's top 5 favorite attractions. All 3 are artists in their own right and fundamentally understand the design of Disneyland having worked on the park exclusively for many years.
    Um, You know it's a favorite of the people who created PLQ as well.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    UGH - the Disneyland Mansion is getting the new queue. Just as I feared.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0196052&type=1

"This is what I've been given permission to post; those areas were blacked out by the source whom I'm not allowed to mention. The quality isn't great, but I'm certain the source is trustworthy. Like I said, these are preliminary layout plans, and are most certainly not final... you won't be seeing any ground turn until 2013 or later..."

I hope this is NOT what I think it is. I DO NOT want a HIDEOUS queue like WDW's atrocity ANYWHERE NEAR Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.

I would be spewing some CHOICE EXPLETIVES aimed at some VERY SPECIFIC PEOPLE, right now, save for the fact that I don't want to end up in MiceChat prison and/or exile. All I can say is fight this masterpiece attraction CANCER with all that you have.

Rage, RAGE against the DYING of ART and ARTISTRY!!!

If this thing comes to pass, it will be ACCURSED!
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 03-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.

• en pace

I think I could like it, if in removing the fastpass garden (one of my favorite places in the park) they retained the same quiet beauty it, and the (quiet) family plot in WDW now posses. If done right it could be absolutely amazing! On the other hand, we could end up with a West Coast PLQ, so...

For now, I'll hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

• Minion

Hmmm. I wonder if 6 is the hearse and 7 is the building HBG2 reminded us about.
    Yes - number 6 is what I meant for a possible new location for the hearse. My mistake for not clarifying. I was totally oblivious to the super-large number 7 rectangle when I mentioned the idea, until HBG2 brought up the greenhouse and I realized number 7 was another structure and not just an open area. I was focused on all the smaller things concentrated in that one area...

Amazingly, there are 11 guests browsing this thread at 6:53am EDT.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Isn't there something else in the park that actually needs updating? I can think of a certain tree house that could stand more than a little "sprucing" up. And then there's that twirling Best Buy showroom they call "Innoventions." Aren't there some old AA figures laying around that they can put back in there?

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    We know that Disney (including Pete Carsillo mind you) reads this board. It is possible that they may make minor changes to address some of our concerns.
    for example, Organist tomb re-designed to look less toontownish without yet to be conjured banshees.
    Any kind of ghostly activity on or near the manor grounds simply does not belong, period.

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 05:10 AM ----------

I have a GREAT idea! How about restoring "The Country Bear Jamboree" instead? And you can even add Nemo! (Have him swimming upstream.)

• Minion

We can all breath easy now. The Strange and Frightening Sounds Facebook has admitted this queue layout was an early April Fools joke.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM